Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Good morning!

We have about 6 inches of snow right now and it is still coming down, with no sign of stopping.  It's about 30 degrees, so at least not miserably cold.

Had 2 good workouts yesterday and will be doing LaBlast this morning.  I'll be having extra coffee this morning too.  I would go back to bed, but I have a call at 9 am.

Hope you all have a good day.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all!  

This morning I wanted to do a different Adriene yoga video so did the Arms, Abs, and Attitude.  LOL love the name of it.  I did most of it.  Some of the moves I had to modify or the body just wouldn't go there but I did do most of it.  The arms part was just ok, still looking for a good arm workout.  May go back to using the Body Gym - remember that @bopper ?  That had a good upper body workout.

Its cool, gray and overcast today - stark contrast to the beautiful sunny day we had yesterday.  Hope everyone has a good day.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Wow, @DrKelli....six inches and still coming down

I took to my stairs this morning for my workout.....15 times up and 15 times down my flight of 13 steps.  Then I improvised with arm and leg movements to total 60 minutes.  I haven't done any weights in awhile.  Gotta remember that I need to include that.

Be safe and enjoy your day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! 

We are 4 weeks into the stay-at-home order.  I decided to return a pair of jeans that I bought over a month ago and a pink top.  I've lost weight (yay!) and no sense keeping stuff that I'm not going to wear any time soon.

My attire these days are joggers, tees, and workout gear.  I think my state is going to be in this for the long haul, and I'm okay with that.....don't have a choice.

Today is my birthday so I took Molly on a trail run....to do something special for my 53 year old self.  She kept dropping her ball...people on the trail.  A little snake crossed right in front of her and she didn't even see it!  So that made me over cautious.  She was tired...blah blah.  I should've left her at home as it would've been more relaxing!

We ran 4.13mi/52 min

Stay healthy and sane everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Happy birthday @MickD!!🎊. Congrats Skinny Minnie #3!  

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @MickD !  And congrats on the weight loss.  Since we both live in CA, I'm fine with Newsom extending the stay-at-home.  Do not want to get on BART to go to work and I'd rather be home and safe than 6 feet under.  Since I'm in the senior age group, I don't want to take any chances and go back to work too early.  I certainly don't trust our Administration for determining the right time to go back to work so I'll just listen to Newsom and do what he says - well and my employer, kind of need to listen to them too. 

The sun finally came out this afternoon - wahooo!  Just what my spirits needed.

Have a good evening!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

13 degrees here this morning, but the snow has stopped and the wind wasn't blowing, so it wasn't awful when I walked the dogs.

@JudyL , I agree with you that I don't trust the current Administration about our return to 'normal'.  I fear that all the stay at home orders will be revoked at once and there will be a huge spike in the virus numbers.  I want to get back to my normal activities as soon as possible, but I'm not willing to risk getting this virus.  I was talking to my trainer about it because social distancing will be part of the return and we were talking about what that would look like  in the gym--you would have to block off every other piece of equipment and classes would be limited to the first 10 people who signed up in order to maintain that 6 foot distance.  At that point, I would expect some reduction in my membership fees.  At the dance studio, it would be easy in LaBlast because there aren't that many people, but the partner classes wouldn't be able to take place.

I am doing LaBlast again today.  I know it sounds boring, but I at least do something.  I started doing a hyperbolic stretching routine to get my hips to open more.  This is for my ballroom dancing because there are so many leg extensions.  I don't know that I will be able to do the splits, which is what this program says it will do, but we'll see.

I guess it's Friday, which means it's the weekend.  I need to get to the store next week sometime.  I like going on a weekday as soon as they open.  Hope  you all have a good weekend.  It will be good here because No Snow.

Respected Contributor

Oh- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY @MickD !

Honored Contributor

Happy birthday @MickD!  🎈🎉.  Fifty-three is a very good age!  Trust me!  I could tell you some things but my post would probably be deleted.  I met my husband at 53 so that's a hint, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday,  and a Very Happy Birthday to you @MickD your still a spring chicken!   Congratulations on the weight loss, I need to get some new duds too but nothing is open and I should try on.

Well I walked today for 45 minutes in the snow on the trail, mid calf deep and I'm not kidding either.   Saw my friends back there ( deer) and breathed in the much needed germ free fresh air.

I saw the Governor in FL is opening the beache again, my opinion, stupid!   I mean if we have to stay in this for another month or so, well so be it.  And that is coming from a small business owner which is suffereing right now, but lives are important and if we slack off there will be increases again and we'll back to the beginning of this pandemic.   It's tough, it really is and I wouldn't want to be a governor right now giving orders for his/her state but the protest in Lansing made me so mad and people handing out candy to kids, no masks, no gloves... Seriously keep them below the bridege, we don't want them here!!

I made 2 more loaves of bread today, my house smelled so good!

Waving to the gang!