Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Good morning, all.  Got behind in my reading and know I won't remember each post's content to respond to.

@MickD , Hope your husband is ok.  I understand about not wanting to wear masks, though.  They are hot.  Hard to breathe through, too.  I went walking Tuesday around the neighborhood wearing a mask and I could barely breathe.  Granted, it was very humid that day.

@bopper, I'm jealous!  Twenty pounds is great.  I've lost 16 and I've been really trying although I admit to not exercising as much these last couple of weeks.  Being a seasoned dieter doesn't help either.

There was something mentioned about Zoom.  We use it for our WW virtual meetings.  I always keep my video turned off.  Not comfortable.  Last week WW started not admitting us into a meeting right away due to the hacking going on with Zoom.  Our identity has to be verified.

Last Sunday, my weight was two tenths of a pound down.  Lowest decrease since I restarted my program.  I know it's because of the decrease in activity.  My health center sent a virtual Zumba class via email yesterday.  Looked through it but haven't done it yet.  

Well, have a safe day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@JudyL Congratulations.  That has to be such a relief for you.  Heart

@Mmsfoxxie Congrats on your weight loss too. All these skinny minnies around here!

I've reeled myself in and got back to basics this week.  No overeating but not the best food choices for me with living on mashed potatoes.  I made some chicken and salad to get some protein and real veggies in there now.

Stay safe all!  

Honored Contributor

BTW, @Laura14, did your mom come yet?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I finally, or rather another sister finally, talked her out of making the trip.  I just didn't want it on my conscience if she got sick while traveling or while here especially since I am still out working with people. 

It still wouldn't surprise me if she showed up unannounced especially if her husband ticks her off enough but sounds like she is staying put for now.   I'm kind of sad because of the milestone birthday that now I guess will only be a phone call celebration.  But what can you really do?  Best present is she is still healthy and safe.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It seems like the weeks are 300 days long and  the weekends go by in seconds.  I literally need a vacation away from working at home.

@JudyL I got Cottonelle from Amazon.  You have to check almost every day.  When I was looking for it on Monday (or whenever it was), the first time I tried to add it to my cart, it wouldn't.  I refreshed the search and it allowed me to add to cart and purchase it.  Some of my friends have had good luck with Wish or Boxed (but you have to have a minimum with Boxed, I think).  Wish is bamboo toilet paper which is slightly thicker than single ply, but if you need TP, it's better than nothing.

I did LaBlast yesterday and a virtual workout with my trainer in the afternoon.  LaBlast today.  I can't wait to get back into the dance studio though.

Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

We've made it to Friday.  Although, every day is just like the one before.  My blow dryer plug disintegrated this morning making it unsafe to use, so I had to go to WalMart to get a new dryer.  I have a little travel dryer that I used to mostly dry my hair today, but it is not enough to do the entire job.  There was a line to get in--only about 10-15 people and I literally needed to run in and out.  I did have a mask with me, which I wore.  However, the woman in front of me with a cart insisted on walking in the middle of the main aisle and I couldn't get around  her.  When I finally passed her, she barked at me that I wasn't 6 feet away.  She's lucky I didn't bark back--I just wanted to get around her and if you are walking like a turtle in the middle of an aisle--you're gonna get passed.  I also needed filters for my zero water pitcher, which of course, they didn't have.  And now my wireless mouse isn't working.

Have a Lablast class today and it sounds like my studio is doing one tomorrow.  Anything to break up the day.  Yesterday,  I was so tired that I laid down at about 12:45 and didn't wake up until 2:45.  Then I went to bed at my regular time last night and slept until 6 this morning.  I guess quarantine is getting to me.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Good Friday!   We're cold and this dang storm coming on Sunday!  Can you belive 18-24 inches are expected, I mean aren't we dealing with enough already!!

I did a kick butt ( Butt) workout today LOL, I started with Yoga Booty Burn okay and you are supposed to repeat it so I did 2 rounds, then I had forgotten there was a free "live" workout today at 9 am, so after I did 30 minutes of Booty Burn, I did the entire 30 minutes of the Live and go figure she did a 30 minute Booty workout,,,,well "momma" may have a sore behind!!   I BETTER have!!!  LOL

Step count isn't great but the workout was,  I did a 20 minute trail walk with Logan, only can go in a certain area as most of it is under water and I am not kidding.

We're picking up our grocery order at 6, and getting a pizza for dinner.  It's Friday and I'm having a Bud Light, yes I am!

Thank you on the weight loss comments, I"ve tried so hard for so long and I have finally found something that is working, but always remember 80% is my diet.

Stay well everyone, Peace!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Hi Everyone!

No workout for me again today.  Didn't sleep well and just didn't feel like it.  

Good going on the weight loss @bopper   That is great news!

Ok, @DrKelli I have to ask what toilet paper you bought from Amazon cuz I went to look and see if I could order some and everything says "unavailable" or "sold out" or whatever.  So, which one did you get?

I had a mammogram on March 3 and they saw something  - small - that they didn't like so scheduled a follow-up mammo and ultrasound for March 18.  Well the stay at home order here in No. CA went into effect on the 16th so they postponed my follow-up until today.  Went for the follow-up mammo and ultrasound and I'm happy to say that the Radiologist said that what he originally saw was a cyst and I am fine and don't need to worry.  So happy!  @DrKelli I kept thinking about all you went through and couldn't imagine how you did it.  You are one strong, courageous woman.

Working from home is going well and I actually am liking it way more than I thought I would.  I also think we won't be going back to work until some time in June.  I do not want to get on a crowded BART train so will continue to wear a mask and try and find some gloves also before going back to work.  

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Judy that is wonderful news.   I am so happy for you!!!  What a huge relief..  God is o Good!!!   God Bless!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Excellent news....WoOHoO!

Did a treadmill run 4.5mi/52ish min.  I think this is the last day of rain for awhile.....Molly needs to get on the trail!

My son Steve has to now wear a mask or bandana at work.  He doesn't like the masks as his glasses fog up so he wears a bandana bank robber - style.....whatever works.

Hubby still not well, but no fever....just the aches and seriously in a bad mood.  He thinks he has the virus, but no proof.....and I would prob get it as I get everything.  I'm just staying away from him as he def has some kind of bug.

Happy Passover and a blessed Good Friday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Easter everyone, and how strange it is!   We watched a service on TV, and FaceTimed with our son in CO, seems so weird even my son and his family here we aren't able to see and my 92 year old dad, sad for sure.  

As we all isolate in our homes today be thankful for what you have, and and know this will get better!

I'm am taking a day off of exercise, I have gotten in 7 days in a row for quite some time now and today is just a regroup day.

Huge storm coming and I mean HUGE!   18-24 inches is no joke!!   And to think I finally did my trail in just a hiking boot yesterday an we have bare ground amongst some snow.... Seriously do we really have to have this now on top of everything else going on??

And yet I am thankful!

Stay safe everyone!   Do the precautions being asked of you as much as it's uncomfortable its not only for yourself but for others!