Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Hey everyone we are back to Monday again, I had a very crappy morning, just to many interruptions, phone calls, all during my Yoga workout, and 2 calls I didn't take, but 2 I had to take, so paused workout, and that throws me all off, where I don't feel like doing it at all.  IT's hard these days to even do anything, and I know you all can relate.    But I did walk the trail in my tall rain boots and let me tell you my boots go to my knees and the water was very close to that point of my boot, the woods have so much water and then its mud on the bottom so my foot almost got stuck one time.  Just came in from a 15 minute walk after dinner.

@DrKelli I am not familiar with Zoom, but have heard of it.

@JudyL Leslie is one of my favorite people, she's so upbeat and cheerful!

We're getting rain tomorrow which will help the snow go down.  

Take care everyone, God Bless!

Honored Contributor

I accidentally did the wrong yoga program so I ended up with a double and gave myself credit for it in my planner.    

@Mmsfoxxie I am so impressed with you making your own workouts up.  I am looking at my equipment and making mental notes to mix it up soon.  I am just waiting on what my next few weeks might look like.

I know things are stressful for everyone so I am wishing you all a better day and attitude and a chance to exhale.  We all sure need it.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning all!

@Laura14 good to hear from you and know this is a stressful time for you - even without the virus.  

No workout for me this morning.  Feel like cr*p.  I know its allergies - plugged up head, headache, sneezing, watery eyes, etc.  Got into bed last night and realized I hadn't used my Flonase and thought I'll get up in a minute and thats the last thing I remember.  Ugh.  So didn't sleep all that well.

Have lots of work to do today so hopefully the working from home day will go fast.

Take care and stay safe! 

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We have another beautiful day in Colorado and then it gets cold again.  I forgot to tell you all--I've lost  about 3 pounds. I'm sure it's all the extra cardio I get because I'm doing an  hour of LaBlast every day.  And I haven't wrestled the TG since last week either.  Our dance showcase was postponed until August.  I'm kind of glad, I was starting to get anxiety over not having any practice.

I finished my 800 page book yesterday--took me about a week.  Good thing I have many books on my book shelf to read.  I may get through a lot of them as I think this stay at home will go into May.  Colorado has already extended theirs through the end of April.  Did any of you see the news story about New Zealand and how they basically shut down CV19 before it got bad?  The story said they not only flattened the curve, they squashed it.  I wonder what would have happened had the US done that back in December when it was first starting.

Today is LaBlast again--I am really enjoying it and give Louis VanAmstel many kudos for offering these classes free for anyone.  I still see a lot of rancor on the Zumba instructor page about offering classes for free. I get it--many group fitness instructors are without a paycheck right now, but I think Louis' approach is really a good way to get people excited about getting back into the gym.  I also understand that group fitness instructors need a paycheck.

Hope you are all getting outside to breathe some fresh air in addition to your 'in home' work outs.

@bopper zoom is just an online video meeting service.  I used it for the certification training over the weekend and have had several 'hangouts' with the dance studio.  I'll be using it again tonight for 'ensemble' practice and Saturday for LaBlast with my regular teacher.

I also hope you are taking the opportunity to tackle a project around the house that you NEVER have 'time' to do--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

How is everyone doing?

@DrKelli Yay on the weight loss!  I am determined not to gain the covid19.

Hubby is not feeling well.....achy neck and body aches.  I told him to stay away from me.  Steve refuses to wear a mask at work.  If his boss does not mandate to do so then there is nothing I can do.  Maybe he'll change his mind once I receive the cloth masks that I ordered......gurrrrr.

Cold and rainy today so I ran on the treadmill. 4.5mi/52ish min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD Oh no!  Stay away.  Hopefully it's just regular stuff and nothing horrible.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, the last day of normal temps and then we bottom out again and they are predicting snow for the weekend and Easter Sunday!   ughhhh

I'll be doing yoga and walking outside today.  Still have snow in our backyard but it's slowly melting.

@DrKelli  thank you on the Zoom, and congrats on the weight loss.  What was it New Zealand did?

@MickD  I hope your hubby is okay, be careful!

@JudyL  allergies stink and drag you down, take care of yourself

@Laura14  good to see you, I hope things are okay there too!  

I have reached my original goal on my weight loss, I can hardly believe it!  I"m down 20 pounds since January 10th, now can I maintain it!!!    My sugar craving never left like they say, "oh you will no longer crave it"  Uhhh huh..... I still want my sweets!  I really think Yoga has changed my body, and I would have never said that before.  Ya all know I was pretty hard core on the TG and I haven't gotten on it in a couple months, basically though because of my forearm tendinitis issues which I still have but I am doing Yoga, and walking and watching my diet closely.  

Be well everybody!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  One more nice day before the cold comes back.

@bopper , New Zealand literally shut its borders to outsiders and implemented strict social distancing and stay at home.  Stores allowed only a certain # of people in and would let new shoppers in ony when the same amount of shoppers left.  If you do a search for New Zealand crushes the curve, you should find the Washington Post article.

I did my LaBlast yesterday, plus an ensemble practice last night.  Today is LaBlast again.

I think this stay at home is going to go through the end of May.  They were talking about the Wuhan stay at home being 76 days and I can't imagine a sane person doing any less.  We are supposed to peak in the next 2 weeks, but I don't think the scientists and medical professionals really know, it's just a best guess scenario.

I did get some TP ordered through amazon and it is supposed to be here by Friday--I'll be well stocked  for the next 6-8 months I think.

Have  a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

@bopper Congratulations!!!  That is amazing!  You go girl!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!

No workout for me again today.  Didn't sleep well and just didn't feel like it.  

Good going on the weight loss @bopper   That is great news!

Ok, @DrKelli I have to ask what toilet paper you bought from Amazon cuz I went to look and see if I could order some and everything says "unavailable" or "sold out" or whatever.  So, which one did you get?

I had a mammogram on March 3 and they saw something  - small - that they didn't like so scheduled a follow-up mammo and ultrasound for March 18.  Well the stay at home order here in No. CA went into effect on the 16th so they postponed my follow-up until today.  Went for the follow-up mammo and ultrasound and I'm happy to say that the Radiologist said that what he originally saw was a cyst and I am fine and don't need to worry.  So happy!  @DrKelli I kept thinking about all you went through and couldn't imagine how you did it.  You are one strong, courageous woman.

Working from home is going well and I actually am liking it way more than I thought I would.  I also think we won't be going back to work until some time in June.  I do not want to get on a crowded BART train so will continue to wear a mask and try and find some gloves also before going back to work.  

Hope everyone has a good evening!