Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Happy Easter!  Hope everyone is doing well today.  Spoke with my daughter this morning.  Went on a 40 minute walk around my complex and my FitBit said my heart rate was up the whole time so that was good.  Everything is fine here and my daughter and family are doing ok.  Lots to be thankful for in that.

Take care all, enjoy the day however you celebrate or even if you don't.  Find something today that makes you smile.  I'm about to turn on some music and dance around the house - maybe I'll even get some housework done.

Honored Contributor

Happy Easter!

Rain again today.  The weather dudes are not getting it right.  I haven't been out on the trail since the 4th......stir crazy.  And we've been on stay at home orders since 3/20.....can do home fine....just not being able to go outside kills me.

Ran on the treadmill 4.5mi/53:30min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody!   Hope you're enjoying your day as best you can.

I did about 45 minutes of working out yesterday and this morning.  No machines and no videos, just stairs, arm and feet moving.

I didn't cook dinner....we opted to do curbside service at this very nice restaurant we've been to a couple of times.   It's a couple of steps above the neighborhood restaurants.  Prime rib roast, rigatoni, string beans and a very nice salad with a fancy name.  Nothing bland.  Oh and the best part of the meal was dessert, tiramisu (sp?).  An Italian restaurant.  Delicious!  I'll come to my senses Tuesday when it's all gone, lol.  I wiped off the containers as I took things out of the box and prayed, lol.  The roast had to be cooked some more since it was only partially cooked.  Beans and rigatoni had to be reheated.  Sooo, I'm praying the food was prepared with good sanitation as it should have been.  I'm trying to help keep people with a place to work.

Keep the faith everybody!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Easter all.  Heart  We were supposed to have terrible storms which never materialized.  Just rainy fog so far.  

We celebrated family birthdays at one of my sister's houses.  My mother joined via FaceTime and while nice it's just not the same.  She cried off camera and I had a few moments myself when I got home.  I feel bad because I told her not to come for me in case god forbid she got sick.  But not having her here is just really tough.  

My BIL said the hospital is doing really well and their ICU is only a third full with about 26 virus patients. Great news since our county has the third highest cases.  Seems like most people are doing well on their own recovering.  Hopefully it's out of here soon although he said medical personnel think this may make a comeback in the Fall and then just be something we deal with seasonally from now on like the flu.  

Anyway, enough of that.  I did my yoga today and I think I am going to get more serious and turn another page like all of you.  I started to make a lot of other changes in my life, some forced and some chosen, and I am going to see what else is out there.  I guess big birthdays do that to you.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter and a wonderful week ahead.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 , speaking of the virus, my cousin passed away Thursday night (or Friday morning).  She had symptoms so got checked by the doctor and was told she was positive.  They sent her home to self quarantine.  Four days later, she was found dead during a well being check.  I feel like they sent her home to die because she was a senior with other illnesses.  Ironically, the last time I saw her was summer before last at the funeral of another cousin.  We said we'd keep in touch and we didn't except on FB a couple of times..

I've been a little down these past weeks being locked in and hearing these crazy people saying let's just get back to business as usual and spread germs like crazy.  Let the weak die along the way if they catch covid-19.  So what.  The character of America is changing and not for the better.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

OMG. @Mmsfoxxie that's horrible.  So sad to hear..

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I am so sorry!  I know you've been a bit absent and I was wondering if you had some personal challenges.  I will pray for you and your family tonight.  And I completely understand becoming expendable in today's society.  There are some people you just can't wait to get to the age where all of a sudden they're the old ones who don't matter anymore.  It's disgusting.  Much love to you tonight.  ❤️🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm without words.

One thing I've noticed during this extended work from home period is that some  of my co-workers have become increasingly rude (through email).  A couple of them have directly attacked me and I don't like it.

This week, Louis is doing free virtual classes again if anyone is interested.  You just have to pre-register.

I actually did a lot of nothing this weekend.  Well, Saturday, I got out the carpet cleaner and cleaned my carpet because it was just gross.  I would like to have it professionally done.  Actually I would like to replace it but I've got so much ****** upstairs that I can''t see having to pack it all up for the carpet people.  It wasn't much fun when I did the floor downstairs a couple of years ago.

I realized almost none of this post is exercise related--I will be doing lablast this week plus my regular virtual workout on wednesday.  Hope you all have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, we had a terrible storm I think I mentioned to you, over 2 feet of snow fell, lost power, no plows yet....so the bare grass we had is now under 2 feet of snow.   On top of pandemic ****** here we sit.

I did yoga burn today, and hubby got a phone call and sat in the room I was trying to do my workout in and preceeded to use speaker phone while I was trying to follow a video, I almost blew my stack, but kept quiet.   Just don't feel I got a good workout in but it was over 60 minutes long, no steps though with yoga which bothers me because I worked hard but it's not a step workout and I certainly don't feel like trudging through this mess now.

Easter was quiet, only hubby and myself, but from what I have read many families still gathered and I realize it's a matter of opinion but I am so against that, we will see another increase in illness and death now because of that I am sure.   

Just feel out of sorts today.

Be well everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon everyone.  Actually is getting more towards evening.  Anyway, today I did an hour of yoga with Adrienne.  Did the beginner workout and then an ab workout.

@Mmsfoxxie I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

It is devastating to hear of so much loss with this pandemic and to think so much of this loss could have been avoided.  Thats all I'm going to say on that.  Stay inside, self-quarantine, don't gather in groups and please, everyone, stay safe and well.  Your life, the lives of your loved ones and friends are not worth taking the risk.