Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Good morning, all.  

We haven't had a sunny day in awhile but the temperatures have been decent.  I wish this lockdown had happened in the wintertime.......it would be easier to accept.

Glad to see everybody is keeping active.  I'm active everyday but not like I was.  I'm wondering if my exercise center will even open back up this year.  It's been closed since the second week of March....the 13th or there abouts.  The first reopen date was April 1st.  Then May 1st.  I don't think that will happen although I'd like it to.  But to be honest, there's no way I'd be comfortable, knowing what I now know, going in there that soon.  

Have a good day everyone.

P.S.  I think my mood would be better if I stopped reading in Community Chat.  There are some cruel people sprinkled in with the nice ones.  Much better than it used to be but still there are some that come there daily just to start do-do.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

My plan exactly @Mmsfoxxie   Stay well  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies.  A quick check in before I log into work.  This morning I did a 40 minute deep stretch yoga video of Adriene's.  Lordy be do I need to do that one more often.  Also thought I would try one 15 minute round of Yoga Burn.  Nope, she still moves way too fast for me.  Don't know why I am so bound and determined to make those videos work.  LOL

Hope everyone has a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

No work out for me today because I had an oncologist appointment.  Everything is fine--they did schedule a mammogram though.  Don't know when it will happen because you know--Covid 19.

I did get a second workout it yesterday--weight training.  It was a hard workout and Kevin insisted on sitting in front of the camera so that it looked like he was judging my workout.  My trainer did a screet shot and I posted it on FB because it's really kind of funny. 

Louis is doing a 'kid's' playlist tomorrow and his son is joining him.  It's only a half hour workout, but that's okay.

My oncologist weighed me--I've lost 3.5 pounds so far (I last saw them in January).  It doesn't seem like a lot, but it's a good start.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all.  

I'm so happy about your good oncology report, @DrKelli!  You've really come through your illness better than most.  Not just your outcome but attitude as well.

Well, I can't put it off any longer...I must go to the grocery store.  Wonder how it will be this morning.  My big event of the week, lol.

Yesterday I learned that a former coworker had been put in the hospital very ill, diagnosed with Covid-19, dying yesterday morning.  Although only in his fifties, he was grossly overweight.  He used to talk about gastric bypass after another coworker had it and lost weight beautifully.  He chickened out.  Might have been a help for his final battle.  So, in two weeks time, that's two people that I know with it.

I'm so glad that I decided not to register for the Red Hatter Convention scheduled for August, 2020.  Those that registered have their money tied up waiting for the hotel to cancel the event.  If they individually cancel, they might lose their money.  So they're waiting for the hotel to cancel the event.  Red Hatters hug a lot so even if the event takes place, it won't be the same.  Conversations are crowded.....how can they social distance.  Tables in banquet halls are 8 to 10 people per table.  A Red Hatter group from Australia already cancelled, losing some of their money paid for registration.  They would have had to quarantine when they got here....while the convention was going on!  It's a mess.

I digress, lol.  I tend to post about what I'm thinking and these days it's not very exercise related.

Make it a great day everybody.  Hope I can find some Lysol, toilet paper and hand sanitizer, lol.

Good luck in Georgia today @Laura14!  My son lives in Albany, one of the hot spots.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Today I am changing up my routine.  I have been so thrown by the last month that I decided to get back to basics.  I have one more week of work left before that ends next Thursday.  I've heard lip service about the new people possibly hiring me on but I'll believe it when the new hire paperwork is offered.  Not worrying about it anymore.

@Mmsfoxxie I am giving you a virtual hug.  Heart  My 98 year old aunt was just diagnosed and last I heard is doing well with an excuse to eat all the ice cream she wants.  It's so hard to lose people normally but to lose them in this way is just horrific.  My heart goes out to you.

I did make my trek to the grocery store yesterday.  No paper or cleaning products at all and it's still kind of ransacked.  I really don't get it this many weeks in but at least I got the important stuff.  Still can't get over $2 for a head of lettuce.  I hope you have better luck.  I was having fun with the stock girls.  I have leopard leggings and she is also a fellow animal print lover and we were exchanging everywhere on our body from a distance where we had ocelot.  Smiley Very Happy  I hope you find what you need.

@DrKelli I am so glad you are doing well.  I hope you continue to get good news.  Yay, skinny minnie #4 on her way.  Smiley Happy

Today, I've done a stress melt yoga already and I think she has a bedtime routine scheduled for today that I will do tonight.  My lawn also needs to be cut so I may do that either today or tomorrow.  And then I am enjoying my three day weekend. 

One good thing about reopening the state is I may try and see if I can get my hikes in again without hundreds of people walking with me.  I have really missed my nature walks.  Restaurants open again next week so I may see what the parks are like after that. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.  Smiley Happy    

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  I did about 40 minutes of a 3 mile Leslie Sansone DVD today.  My heart just wasn't in it so it wasn't done with a lot of enthusiasm.  However I kept thinking of what @Mmsfoxxie always says - some movement is better than no movement - so did as much as I felt like doing.

@DrKelli so happy to hear about your good oncologist appt.  I so admire how you've handled it all.

@Laura14 - please be careful going out and about.

Better get myself ready to go to work.  I asked someone in our Billing Dept to do a project for one of my attys - I couldn't do it cuz I don't have the info - and she sent it to me just before I signed off yesterday.  Doesn't look like it was done right. *sigh* so will have to figure that out this morning.  Keep thinking maybe I didn't convey what we wanted well enough. 

Anyway hope everyone has a good day.  Looks like its going to be sunny and warmer here - already have windows open.  Take care and be well

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

It is a cool start to the day, although I did have a window open for a bit because 1--I was having a monster hot flash and 2--it smells very stuffy upstairs where I have my 'office'.

Denver has extended the stay at home for 2 more weeks, contradicting the Colorado order which is being lifted as of the 27th.  The government buildings  in my county are closed until May 31.  My employer has told us we are working from home until at least May 31.

My dance studio is opening next week with very strict protocols in place, including no group classes--Lablast will continue to be taught through Zoom.  I still have Louis' classes too. He said he will be teaching free classes until the gyms open. I've heard some are opening, but I don't see how--you'd have to block off every  other piece of cardio equipment and I don't think you could  have weight rooms or machines open  because you would literally have to clean them between every person.

Well, at  least the weather is going to be fantastic starting tomorrow.  I  do so enjoy my meeting in conference room B (the deck).

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL That is so nice that the attorneys bought you flowers and Ghirardelli!  Sounds like a great lot!.....that business can be a bear with deadlines, court proceedings, filings.....

@Mmsfoxxie I'm sorry for another loss in your life.  This is so rough on people.

@DrKelli congrats on the great oncology report/appt!

I did an 8am run.....early for me, but did the 5.33mi/59ish min.

Then went to the grocery store with my son.  First time in about a month.  My mask was great, but couldn't figure out which reading glasses worked without foggage.  Well....I'm sure I touched my face changing glasses....I'm not cut out for this!  There were a couple people without masks too...

Oh jeez it's Friday!  Have a great one!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, it was a sunny day here, mid 40's but a cold wind of the big lake so it felt like in the 30's.   I did a Walmart grocery pick up today, and then went right to the bike path along the lake and walked for over an hour, at a good clip, that was after doing Yoga Burn 300 booty challenge in her Lockdown challenge.   I really like her program and if I can't do a certain pose I know enough about Yoga and exercise to modify, sometimes I even come out of the post and just do a downdog, if I am struggling, it's all good, if you show up on your mat, you've done well!

I have over 15,000 steps today, feel good about that too!

@DrKelli  you are the Girl!!!   So happy about your great news!!!

@Mmsfoxxie good think you didn't pay anything in for RedHatters.   I know you miss them all though!  I'm a "hugger too!"

@JudyL  all movement is good, and sometimes we just invent our own stuff which is just as good!  

@Laura14 I took Logan on the trail today, some areas still snowy, so boots and all but he enjoyed it, I need to get his tick meds though.  

Be well and stay safe everyone!