Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Morning, all. Well, the rain/wind storm in my area was downgraded in my area.  There was a little lightening and slight thunder with some rain off and on but we got off easy on my side of town.

@JudyL , that could have been a serious accident!  And I’m one of these people that hate to hold onto those rails.  Glad you’re ok.

Senior Cardio this morning with the three weeks new instructor.  The class has always been 45 to 50 minutes but he makes it an hour.  👀  Last week, I told him that I left early the previous week because it’s painful for me to get on the floor to do those exercises.  He said that after so many left, he realized that he shouldn’t have included those and was dropping them.  (I wasn’t the only one that left apparently).  Before the class I walked the track a bit.

Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all,

@JudyL what you described is the exact reason to hold on to railings.  I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so it grosses me out to hold them, but being in safety, that's what I do.  It's the same as walking with your hands in your pockets when it is slippery out and that can be either snow or water.

I worked from home yesterday and the only workout I got in was shoveling.  I have my strength training today though and next week, I'm out at a plant for at least one day.  It depends on how bad the plant manager is behaving if I go back the second day.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  I saw @Laura14 was back, so I hope she checks in!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  and @DrKelli  I don't like holding onto those railings either - grosses me out too - but I don't care now!  I'm holding on no matter what!  I always did anyway but sometimes if I was talking to my friend, I would turn around to talk to her and not hold on or barely hold on.  Not anymore!  My hand will be firmly placed onto that railing.

My back and arms are feeling fine today but not my knee.  So, didn't workout this morning.  I don't feel that I've hurt my knee in any way - done that enough to know how that feels - but I do feel it got jerked, for lack of a better word, quite a bit.  So if it still hurts tomorrow, I will do an upper body workout but won't push my knee until I feel its ready.

Its a beautiful day by the Bay - clear blue skies, cool temps, and the sun is shining!  No rain!  Wahooo!!!

Have a good Friday everyone!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   I took a rest day today other than shovel lead!!  Yes the snow was so heavy I had to break it up in small sections just to get my deck done.   Didn't even bother to do my front sidewalk.  

Had dr. appt. everything went well, don't know lab results yet. Seems kind of backwards you do labs after your physical, don't ya think?   She asked me what I do for exercise, I said "how much time do ya have"  Hahaha....

Making dad some banana bread, and having a cu;p of coffee on a cold wintery day.  Not much else here and I'm good with that.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  It’s gonna be a bright, sunny day today but I find myself trying not to think about tomorrow which is expected to be rain/snow.  And I have to go out.  As long as that borderline rain/snow doesn’t make slick driving conditions, I’ll be able to bare it.

@bopper, yeah, with all of your working out and good eating habits, your test results should be splendid!

Zumba and walking this morning.  Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi @DrKelli .  I have been keeping up with my routines and even adding to them. 

I found a wonderful girl on Youtube for yoga and I love it and her.  I have gotten so much stronger that I am doing personal bests in weight class. The instructor at the gym mentioned body weight for strength and she is right.  Yoga worked and I missed it.

I also went ahead and bought some weights and a bar for home so I have my own gym in place at my house now.  Found some weight routines on Youtube so I am doing a lot more than just my two normal gym days.

And the yard work has begun too.  I had to mow my lawn this week and cut down some shrubs which I am not a fan of.  Had my first allergic reaction of the season.  Yay.  Smiley Sad

Lots of changes around here.  Hope you are all doing just as well.  Smiley Happy    

Respected Contributor

Happy Palm Sunday, it's cold here but shocker right!   Still about a foot of snow on the ground, so no Easter flowers or grass mowing here, maybe shoveling off the grasss LOL

We went to breakfast with dad and the rest of my family this morning, then grocery shopped for a little bit of stuff.  I got some new workout pants and sports bras and came home, and am watching baseball. 

Laura welcome back, you have really upped your game good for you!   I"m still doing my TG, Pilates reformer, rebounding and walking, trying to use the SFB more also and Gazelle.

Hubby is painting our foyer, it needed to be repainted..  The more I look at bare walls the more I am liking it.  Maybe I do have to much hanging on walls, it looks bigger and cleaner bare actually.

Not much else on the hopper here, enjoy the day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody!  Boy oh boy!  Yesterday was unbelievable.....we had a snowstorm and I was caught in it.  Went out that morning although it was a little rainy and snowy.  The weatherman had been off with their timing predictions for my area so much lately that I thought the bad stuff wouldn’t happen until afternoon or not at all.  We had a dog gone blizzard!  I had to drive home doing about 20 mph.  No snow trucks out.  Guess they were unbelievers, too, lol.  My 20 minute drive took about 40 minutes.

Had a couple of slices of a blood orange yesterday which I’ve never had.  It was pretty good.

Today’s workout, as usual for Monday is Senior Cardio and then Strength & Motion.  @Laura14, glad you are stepping up your workout game.  Wish I could, lol.  @bopper , yes, sometimes less is more.

Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, it's sunny today, cold but sunny.   I did a 30 minute CycleTrainer workout on my TG, then upper body with a bar and a walk this afternoon.   

@Mmsfoxxie  was this snowstorm predicted, it's so weird all over, tornados, and high winds, flooding...

Dad told me today I was fat, yes and said I look different.  We had that breakfast yesterday for Palm Sunday.  Here I was dressed all nice and he says that to me today.  He has always been very critical and rude, it's true he has.   It hurt my feelings.  Trying to blow it off as I know his age and it could just be an elderly thing, but hard not to get ticked off.  He complains about every meal I take him too, says it needs this or needs that....seriously dad!

Just feeling kind of down today, my DIL is having pregnancy issues, and serious ones, my son was hurt in his game a couple nights ago, he's better now but it scared the dickens out of me watching on TV, a young man we know passed away suddenly, there so much sadness in our world, now I see the Cathedral is burning in Paris...

Time for a Boost right!   My 3 year old granddaughter learned to zip her jacket,,she's so funny she said grandma I had a little trouble, there was a thread in the way!  And she's 3!!

Ya all have a good rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  I'm out at a plant, so no work out for me today, unless I am feeling unlazy when I get home.  I just found out today that  they are eliminating the dance class at my gym (the  one I  subbed every so often) and I think that instructor is leaving because her other classes are also not on the schedule.  Boo hiss.

I've been binging The Office and I swear every episode makes me laugh at least once.

@bopper , that's a shame about your dad--I know that as kids, we want to be nice to our parents, but it's okay to tell him, "what you said--it isn't okay and i feel hurt that  you would say something like that to me".

Not much to add because I'm super busy out here.  Hope you all had a nice day.