Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

I just finished up my workout and it was hard.  One of the people in the dance class also trains with my trainer and she told him that she preferred my class to the regular instructor's class.  That made me feel really good and makes me want to work extra hard on my new playlist.

These are some of the songs I'm thinking about:

All Night Long (new Zumba warm up)

Crumblin' Down (John Mellencamp)--Cha Cha

Rockin Robin--Lindy Hop

Shake your Tailfeathers--Jive

Old Time Rock and Roll--West Coast Swing

Disco Inferno--Disco

I hate Myself for Lovin you--Paso Doble

We Will Rock you--Paso Doble

Fat Bottomed Girls--Samba  

Subject to change of course Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  @DrKelli , that looks like a great playlist!

@bopper , through the years, I’ve known a few people who have started out renting someplace like a church basement or a school and either membership was low or rent too high, it folded.  One lady tried it in her home and even that didn’t work out one reason being that people think that if you’re at home, they’re little $5 didn’t matter.

@JudyL , my knees are swollen, too.  Especially the one on the right.  Moreso, since the last injection, strangely.  The other day, one of my workout friends mentioned how my right knee was so swollen, just in case I hadn’t noticed.  She’s a former nurse.  Wearing workout leggings makes everything standout, lol.  I’ve accepted the fact that getting old means a lot of visible changes...more than gray hair.  Still, I’m thankful.

Zumba this morning and tomorrow, a much needed rest to my joints.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, kind of dreary here but oh well.  At least it isn't snowing.   I did pilates this morning, nothing intense though, and watching baseball now.  Tried to chop some ice but the shovel wouldnot go through.  

Yes it's hard renting a spot, and I even thought of having some a couple friends come over and I'd help thm learn the Total Gym, I have 2, but I've asked 2 people and they have no interest, oh well.  

DrKelli your play listis very similar to what I played, and many of your songs I actually have used!  Theya re fun songs.

Foxxie hope your knees is okay, be careful, don't over do it.  How is hubby doing?

My Basketball team lost last night but I won $40, so I'm happy about that!

Not much else happening here, enjoy your Sunday!  Always be thankful!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Beautiful weekend here.  Today is supposed to hit 70.

Yesterday, I made my flight reservations for my August Red Hatter Convention trip.  I dreaded doing it because finding a good flight with convenient leave and return times is hazardous to my health, lol.  I wanted to use Southwest Airlines but there was a whole block of ‘unavailable’ slots for my dates except for one or two that get to Nashville very late meaning I’d get there just in time to pay for a night in bed.  So I ended up with American Airlines to get there and United Airlines to return.  Have to pay for checked luggage. Maybe I’m better off for not getting Southwest Airlines even though you don’t have to pay for checked luggage.  @DrKelli, give a holler....you travel a lot.

Well, it’s Monday which means I will be doing Senior Cardio and Body & Strength.  And that will be enough.  Yesterday, my feet got a much needed rest and feel really good this morning.  

Have a a great day everybody!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  It seemed like there was hardly a weekend at all!

@Mmsfoxxie , I use Southwest almost exclusively with one exception--I have a plant near Fresno and they don't fly into Fresno or Bakersfield and the only nonstop I can get is on United (which I hate). The main reason that I fly Southwest is because they don't charge for luggage.  I always check my main suitcase.

This week is the usual, plus I need to practice all the new stuff I have for dance class if I get to sub in 3 weeks.  And I hope I do.  Friday, my trainer told me that one of his other clients told him that she really prefers my class to the regular teacher.  The regular teacher is good, but she never smiles when she's teaching and she keeps her back to us (which is my particular pet peeve).  Her choreo is really different, but it is also difficult and most of us are not trained dancers and it is hard to pick up sometimes.

I hope you all have a great day--I spent a lot of the weekend binging on The Office.  I never watched it while it was on and they always show episodes on our cruises, so I decided to actually watch it from the beginning.  It is pretty good.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, this morning I did a Total Gym workout on my reformer and yes-er -ree it worked just dandy!   Then rebounded for 30 minutes...

Just took some banana bread out of the oven, smells mighty good I must say!

We're supposed to get a big winter storm Thursday into Friday.  Go figure I made a dr. appt. 2 months ago thinking April 12th should be pretty safe, well looky looky,,,,,,,,, said maybe 2 feet of snow!!!!!!!!   I know, I know,,,,this too shall pass ( but not quick enough)   LOL

@Mmsfoxxie I am not much of a flyer, really don't like it, I hope it all works out for you.  You should fly out of this little burb, jet sounds like it's falling apart, all kinds of ****** in the front dashboard of the plane, I saw Micky D' paper cups and duct tape!!!!!!!  Holy moly,,,,,but it's the only way into Detroit, Minneapolis, or Chicago unless we drive to one of those big hubs which is a very long drive....  

@DrKelli  I saw it was a beautiful weekend there, lucky you!   

@JudyL has the rain stopped..  My son is in LA for work..

Not much else going on here, so I'll say bye for now!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Beautiful day here yesterday.

My mind is on Comcast right now but I'm not going to spoil my day by dwelling on them.  Ho hum.

Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba!  I can't  wait for my morning to start....I love it when I feel this way about my workout day.  Sometimes, it ain't that way, lol.

I think I'll make some low cal soup today or tomorrow.....mostly veggies with a little meat for flavor.  No crackers or bread.

Have a lovely day, peeps.

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

Another nice day in store here, but the weather people are already talking about another bomb cyclone.  They are very vague about when the weather is going to turn bad or where this bomb cyclone is going to hit, so I may be working from home the next two days.

Well, I'm a bit ticked off--I didn't get the sub request for the dance class and someone else took the class.  I'm not fond of the person who took it--she does ALL zumba and she is not really very energetic.  She's a nice girl and I've known her for a few years--I was the one who actually got her on the sub list at the gym.   So now I've got the gym scheduler and my own IT department trying to figure out why I'm not getting these sub requests any more.

Today is small group and I already know one of the 3 of us will not be there, so it is back to the 2 of us who made up the group for a few years.  My legs are sore from yesterday, so it's going to be not fun. Smiley Happy

Have a great rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Hello, this morning I did a little free style on Total gym and then did some rebounding on my reformer, it's snowing out. 

@DrKelli we're going to get this storm also, Thursday into Friday, calling it a blizzard, oh yippie, and I have a dr. appt. Friday at 9 am, I made it 2 months ago thinking I'd be safe in the weather dept. and go figure the only day in the entire month and it's the day I have to get out.

@Mmsfoxxie glad you are stoked about your gym classes today, and agree some days it's a struggle!   Also you had a lovely day yesterday!

@JudyL How's the Bay today?  Are your flowers popping out?

Oh an add for Cadbury Eggs, I know some don't like them, #I'm not one of them#don'care!  LOL   

Have a good one!

Honored Contributor

Morning, everybody.

You definitely need to get someone to check that sub scheduling, @DrKelli.  Stuff happens.  Just last Tuesday my Flexibility instructor was on vacation.  Knowing that, I decided to walk the track cause most of his subs end up doing yoga moves that might make me dizzy.  Found out later that no sub showed up.  Scheduling foul up.  Those waiting were a little upset because they had come specially for that class.

@JudyL, I don’t like Cadbury eggs either, lol

Volunteer day and rest the body day.  And it’s all good.  Enjoy your day folks.