Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Oops!  I got a surprise when I looked out the window just now.  Fine snow coming down, fast but not furiously.  Sticking to the grass and roof tops only, so far.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, well not so happy after 18 plus inches of snow and still snowing....

Thankful for my treadmill and my TG and reformer.   Did 2.5 on the treadmill, upper body on TG, planks, and reformer stretches.

Everything is closed around here today and believe me we can handle snow, but this was quite historic.   

I saw in May they are having a TSV called the , oh crud, now I can't remember.   Gym Chair or something like that.  Wonder if it's like that Nano chair.  Nomless do you have that and if you do how do you like it?

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

I only read Boppers post....sorry, guys. Too much going on here.

Bopper, the nano gym is great, just like the version Q sold long ago called PowerGym, I think.

For the past 3 days I've bee caring for Shadow who's near death due to a severe asthma attack perhaps due to field burning in Kansas, the smoke ended up here. Yesterday, I thought Shadow would need to be put down today, but he started showing signs of improvement last night. Vet agreed when I saw him this morning, so I will keep on trying to help Shadow. Prayers please.

Judy, I just remembered your upcoming surgery. This week, right? Thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

@nomlessI hope Shadow fully recovers.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all, just peeking in quickly--I'm at a plant today and the plant manager is a jerk about me being on a computer.  Long story since it is part of my job.  I hope Shadow improves--I hate it when our pet kids are ill!

I had a good weekend.  Went to see Ready Player One and loved the soundtrack.  The movie was good too.  Had a fight with some jackwagon who thought I was in his seat (reserved seating) an hour after the movie started.  He was in the WRONG theater.

No workout unless I do something when I get home, but since I've been up since 4:15, not likely to happen.  I don't know if I can do that for the next 3 days--I may not get here until 6:30.

Have a good rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I should go to NYC more often because I did more working out away than I do here.  Must be the people at the gym here who distract me.  I can't imagine why. 

I walked 18,000 steps on Thursday and then over 20,000 on Friday and another 21,000 on Saturday.   I don't like the subway since the whole fun of NYC is walking with everyone and dodging cabs. Between the horns and the fingers, it's a sight to see.

I walked myself from 54th street down to 12th street and over some to Macys Herald Square and back again.  And then I walked from 54th street up to 100th street and over some for Michael's and Barnes & Noble on the Upper West Side, crossed Central Park and walked back on the Upper East Side.  My legs are feeling it but it's a good feeling.   

HUGE thumbs up for my new Vionic hiking boots/sneakers.  Those babies were spot on.  I may do my first ever review for a QVC product and snag another pair if they still have them.  They were great!

Back to the gym tomorrow.  I think the new music comes out this week so it will be crowded (BOO!) and I probably won't like it.  Can't remember the last time I liked a new release.  But I am going to stay positive and not go there yet.  I might love it.  My new thing from now on.  Smiley Happy

I saw a couple of you asked about the weather.  It was close to 80 degrees on Friday and Saturday. Hot if you've ever been in a concrete jungle and walking outside.  I actually stopped and bought some Vitamin water and Gatorade so as not to dehydrate too much.  Passing out on a NYC street would just have me waking up with tread marks all over myself from cabs and walkers alike.

Thursday and Sunday were my travel days and they were a bit cool.  Thursday night I spent at St. Patrick's.  It's always my first stop to pay respects to my patron saints.  They have St. Therese and a new statue of Mother Teresa who was just elevated to Sainthood in the same grotto there.  No flowers though for St. Terese who is known as the Little Flower which is unusual.  St. Andrew next to her had a sprig of Iris but nothing for her?  Pope Francis is getting a letter.  They could have moved a few of the Easter flowers to her altar and walked the ten feet.  

I went back for Mass and they also had a rosary service that night.  I haven't done that since CCD class.  They also changed some of the responses since I've been.  I did the old ones instead since no one told me about the changes and frankly I think the old ones make more sense.  And apparently we don't touch each other and shake hands for the giving of peace anymore.  We just become Japanese and bow.  That was interesting.   Flu season or they don't want anymore lawsuits?  I'm part of the flock (an errant one but you are in for life) so I can say that.     

Best part of the Mass was the priest explaining to a tourist that she had to be Catholic to receive communion. The chick wasn't getting it.  Hey, no Sunday school classes, no wafer!     I myself had to remember how to place my hands to receive the offering.  It's been a long time!   

Okay I have no idea how I transgressed to religion.  I didn't see any shows because there was nothing I liked or hadn't already seen.  Harry Potter just opened but it is a two night event so I didn't have that kind of time. 

Anyway, I missed you guys and I'll be back tomorrow morning with a gym update.  @tony14smoke is excited!!   Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Had my pre-op appt today.  Dr. looked at my eye and at least the macular hole has not gotten any worse.  Tomorrow is the big day so thought I'd check in tonight as the morning will be busy.  Surgery is set for 12:30 CA time.  Will check in towards the end of the week.

Thank  you all for your support and well wishes.  I'm beginning to feel panicky but I have lots of support and know I am in good hands.

Everyone be well and will look forward to catching up on posts when I feel up to it.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.

@JudyL, you will have our prayers for your surgery.  As for your anxiety, my sister said that they gave her something for her anxiety and it helped.  She had a new procedure where stents were put in.  Looks like she won't have to wear her readers now.  And cataracts were removed.  Maybe between your experience and my sister's, I might get the nerve to have my cateracts removed.  I'm the biggest chicken there is, lol.

Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba is on schedule for this blessed Tuesday morning.  I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  Prayers and well wishes headed your way!  Heart

Well I might disappoint this morning.  Not a lot of our favorite gym buddies were there.  Smiley Sad

Went to Pound and the instructor decided to pull out the long routine.  Since I was off a week and walked miles over the past three days, bring it witch!

I was a pounding drumming fool and did all of my lunges, squats and core work like a champ.   

During the cool down, Adonis walked in and starting setting up his weights which were messed up again!  Smiley Very Happy  He is too buff now for the regular weights so he creates his own with the shorter bars and disc weights.  I pretended to care.  He walked over to the mirror and stripped off some of his clothes and put them behind me. 

I don't know why some people need to put their stuff in other people's spaces.  If you don't want it around your space, why would I want it in mine?  Luckily it was far enough away that only the mirror cared.  

It was new release week so we have new music and new routines.  It was okay until we got Fleetwood Mac sped up almost like a chipmunk on acid for the more legs routine.  I did all kinds of choreography to Everywhere.  Trying to leg bend and lunge and sing at the same time is a challenge but I met it. It's rare we get a really good song.  And they weren't done!

For Core, we got a mash up of the Disco hit Good Times with Bruno's 24K.  I almost got up off the floor and shook my groove thing.  Carlton ain't got nothing on this white girl when they break out Bruno and disco at the same time.  I was feeling the groove!  

I just hope I will be feeling my abs tomorrow. 

They usually do the same routine for at least 3 weeks so I will be strutting like Travolta on Tuesdays and Thursdays a few more times.  Insert finger to ceiling point with hand on hip here.  Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately no Nudie.  I thought she had come in while I was setting up for Power but before the blonde girl turned around I knew it couldn't be her because the outfit was spot on.  And sure enough, it wasn't.  

Maybe Thursday.  Anyway, hope you all have a great Tuesday.  Enjoy the burn! 

Respected Contributor

Hi, well 8 more inches on top of the 18.5 we got yesterday, and the banks are almost shoulder high.   So done, so done!!!!

I did treadmill, and Pilates reformer today, shoveled and shoveled again...

Nomless sending huge healing prayers for Shadow, please keep us informed if you are able, I understand too if you just don't want to come over her, it wipes you out.  Hugs my friend.

Judy praying all goes well tomorrow, you will be in all of our prayers for a speedy recovery!

Not much else here, making a beef stew, it's that kind of day!

Have a great one!