Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

@JudyL, my sister is having surgery on her eyes (one at a time) for glaucoma to relieve the eye pressure  and take care of cataracts on April 8th.  Good luck to you both.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, it's in the lower 30's here and it was sunny earlier but the clouds rolled in, snow tomorrow.  Spring is taking forever to get there.  I had to go to the dr. for my physical this morning, all went good.  All my labs were good, and she's still wanting me to try yet another anxiety med.  I swore up and down I wouldn't do it again, I wanted to try the essentials oils, and yoga and told her I didn't want to do another medicine that makes me sick, but my hubby was with me and he said to try it over the weekend when he's home and see how I do, she said she'd give me the very losest dose possible, I had the lowest dose possible on the last one and got sick, of course she says she's never heard of anyone getting sick on it.  My sister is exactly like me, she gets sick from them too, we are both anxious girls.  But I"ll face my fear and do it, if it helps it would be great!   Anyways, won't bore you anymore with this stuff.

I just walked the neighborhood, only about 1 1/2 miles but it's fresh air even though the wind is dang cold.  My crisp turned out wonderful!!  Sent some with hubby to bring to my dads house!

I saw a huge flock of wild turkeys on the way to the dr. only about a half mile from my house.  I worry about some car hitting them, they were right on the edge of the road and the cars go so fast.  I didn't see them on the way back though.

Dr. Kelli the suit sounds pretty, love me some pink!   

I just got my first pair of DG2 jeans and they fit beautifully.  I used the size chart where you plug in your measurments and they said size down, I was hesitiant but glad I did, they fit great.  The only thing I would change is order the tall next time, the inseam is only 30" and I need like 31 1/2" but for a skinny jean they will be fine, they have the strip down the side, I really like them. 

Judy my BP would be high too with what you have coming up.  I also have a BP moniter and we keep track of our BP's.    Mine was an Omron I believe from Amazon.

Laura, I'd really be disgusted with Nudie, too distracting and tasteless.  Can you go to another area in the room to workout and not be by that person?  

Nomless you got cold too, geeze hey?  I realize it's early April but some 40's would be nice!

foxxie, hope your zumba class was fun.  I've never done it.

Wishing everyone a good day!  Almost the weekend!!

Honored Contributor

@bopper - I just bought an Omron blood pressure monitor from Amazon.  Arrived today.  Too tired tonight to figure it out so will wait for the weekend.  I hope the anxiety medication works for you.  I know how much they helped me.

@Mmsfoxxie will keep your sister in my thoughts on the 8th.  It is just darn scary when the doctors start operating on our eyes.

@Laura14 I'm trying to figure out how this woman is coming dressed to the gym.  Do you really mean stocking like in nylon stockings/pantyhose?  Heavens be.  Please tell me she's somewhat decently covered on top?

I told myself this morning when I woke up so tired that I would go to bed early tonight.  It was a busy day at work so think I'll call it a day, read a bit, and turn out the lights Gracie!

Judy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@bopper - I just bought an Omron blood pressure monitor from Amazon.  Arrived today.  Too tired tonight to figure it out so will wait for the weekend.  I hope the anxiety medication works for you.  I know how much they helped me.

@Mmsfoxxie will keep your sister in my thoughts on the 8th.  It is just darn scary when the doctors start operating on our eyes.

@Laura14 I'm trying to figure out how this woman is coming dressed to the gym.  Do you really mean stocking like in nylon stockings/pantyhose?  Heavens be.  Please tell me she's somewhat decently covered on top?

I told myself this morning when I woke up so tired that I would go to bed early tonight.  It was a busy day at work so think I'll call it a day, read a bit, and turn out the lights Gracie!

Judy

@JudyL  Close but more like material that stretches way too thin when she bends over.  Although this particular pair of "pants" are pretty darn close.  At least they have some pink color to them so there is some protection but not much.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  I'm late peeking in because I had to go out to a plant for a safety meeting.  Update on the suit--they actually removed it and replaced it with a MEN'S suit!  But I think I know where it came from, so next Monday when I'm downtown late because I'm subbing zumba--I will go to express to see what I can find.  I looked at their website and they have some nice suits, so hopefully I will be able to find something or at least try on the size if I have to order online.

Today is opening day at Coors Field. The traffic wasn't bad coming into downtown, but I know that by noon, it will be a circus down here. It is a 2:00 first pitch and I'm hoping by 3 that I will have a good shot of getting out of downtown without too much trouble.  However, the one opening day I went too--the crowds are awful and sometimes people are still trying to get into the gate an hour after the game starts.  And it is so cold here today. I'm glad I'm not sitting out at the stadium.

Hope you all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Its a wet, cold, gray day by the Bay.

@Laura14 oh I am so sorry.  The visual I have of this woman in the sheer pink whatever is not good.  LOL 

Today I did the Body Gym with the new bands.  I am already feelin' it in my arms and think my legs will start achin' soon.  I did get a set of stronger bands than the ones that come with the Body Gym as I thought a bit of a challenge would be a good thing.  Yeah, not so sure about that decision right now.  If I don't move my arms much while at work, I may make it through the day ok.  HAHA 

Better get a move on!  Hope everyone has a good day!

J

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!,   Extrememly windy here and snowing, really does look like mid December but oh well, gotta roll with it.  

I did treadmill and TG this morning, shoveled and filled up my bird feeders.  Poor little things are starving it seems, I have so many and lots of woodpeckers..

DrKelli I saw the opening day in CO will be freezing and to think you have such nice weather most days, why today hey?  

I watched the Tigers in Chicago yesterday and snowing like a bandit there, how lovely hey?  

Tigers have an off day today, probably best so as not to get injured.   Wondering what to make for dinner, seems we have the same things almost every week, sigh....groceries are so expensive.  

Sun is trying to come out, at least it can look nice from inside!

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

@JudyL. Good luck on your eye surgery.  I had a scleral buckle done.... not moving the head and eyeballs for a couple weeks was tedious, but think of the positive outcome!

I rocked it out on the trail (ran for 34min) with my son today.  We jogged up a huge hill without stopping.  I haven't done that in years.  Don't know if I could pull it off if it was 10 degrees warmer!

....now just need to keep my foot moving so it doesn't get stiff.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

It is bitter cold here--I think the air temps are around 25 and with the wind chill--in the teens?  They have delayed the game because they expect the snow to move out, but a bunch of us are trying to sneak out early because if they call off the game--all those people are trying to get out of downtown at the same time and it will be a nightmare.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli you're experiencing "the day after tomorrow" movie weather!  Craaaaaazy!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G