Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Friday!,  Well as I said the warmer weather is gone and it's snowing and we still have a yard full of snow.   It's never going to stop!!  

DId Total gym and a little pilates.  My rotator cuffs on both arms want to "go" on me I can tell doing pullups and any arm work even on a lower level on my gym I can feel it so gingerly doing it, on top of high hamstring/butt injury I'm a bit defeated here but doing lots of abs, and planks using the bosu ball.

Don't really feel like walking today outside with 35 degrees and windy out,may just bag it for today on the cardio and stepping.

I heard many people are returing there Philosophy TSV's saying the scents were not what they described.  I almost bought the Hula girl and Coconut but I couldn't afford them.  Also someone said some Kohls carry Philosophy, mine does not I checked but wish in the future they would.

Wishing everyone a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper @Mmsfoxxie  I am so sorry the TSV didn't work for you guys.  I have an Ulta near me and I did try the fresh cream.  It wasn't for me although I did finish it up.  I agree that a lot of the scents are not what they describe.  I remember being in Ulta and being totally turned off by anything with Grace in it which was supposedly extremely popular.  Did not care for it at all.  

Our rain has finally gone away @MickD so I am hoping to trek a trail this weekend.  We'll see.  I have company so hopefully I can run away.

@nomless  @JudyL  Still thinking of both of you.  Heart

@DrKelli  I hope your Zumba class went well.  Someday I am going to take that class just to see what it's really all about.

Have a great Friday!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, sunny and really cold, wind chill is 22 outside and its so windy.  Dad and I did manage a short walk by the lake and the ice burgs are huge!

Other than that I haven't done much, it's not pleasant to do anything outside, from inside it looks very nice out.

MickD trails sound nice, wish I could find mine!!  I heard on the news last night the ticks will be really bad this year.  I have our tick meds already but haven't had to put any on him yet, as it's too cold for anything to be out.

I record when I have my first hummingbird every year, last year was May 3rd, I highly doubt that this year!

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

My head is going to explode from pharmacy and math.  Wednesday can not come soon enough to get this test over with.  I am not used to this mental exercising anymore.  Everyone is good if I give out a little extra something with their meds right?  Smiley Wink  

Checking in to see what everyone else did since I've been chained to a desk.  I think I may take a break tomorrow and let it all seep in so I can go do my hike.

Have a great Saturday! 

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

@bopper I hate ticks!  One dog (crazy retriever) is on frontline.  My shepherd mix started an oral med 5 months or so ago.  The vet thought he might have fleas and the frontline wasn't cutting it.

@Laura14 You are in the home stretch!  You can do it!  Giving your brain a break is a good idea.  You will pass with flying colors!

Did 32 min on the trail.  I'm surprised I got my 3 runs in this week.  I have been eating more pasta and rice this past week, and it killed me.....back to more veggies!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good Sunday everyone, sunny here and in the 50's, I'm so happy!   Still have snow in my yard but it went down today.  Got my 10,000 steps in, did light raking where I could, clipped some branches and hauled some brush.

I'm so happy when I can go out in only a sweatshirt!  

MickD I am with you on the tick thing, and soon we will be invaded by black flies, and mosquitos but such is Spring/Summer I guess.   I tried to go to the trail but unless I have some mudder boots on I can't go there and I don't want Logan all wet, his fur hangs down on his tummy.

Not much going on here, hoping everyone has a wonderful Sunday.  May thread is up also.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  I had a great weekend.  Hope yours was, too.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion this morning.  Maybe some walking. I'm forgetting to mention something but I don't was to hunt threw past posts.  Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Last Day of April!  I can't believe tomorrow is May 1.  We had a gorgeous weekend and I got some vitamin D therapy in yesterday.  I started and finished a book this weekend--one by Nicholas Sparks, so I didn't have to think too much about it.  It was actually one of his better ones called Two by Two.

I finally got my Philosophy TSV--I got Coconut Splash and I really like it.  I used the body spray yesterday on my hair and it smelled good all day.  I can't remember off the top of my head who said it had a lot of vanilla in it--it does, but it also has just a touch of coconut too.  I'd like a little more to remind me more of being on vacation LOL!

Today is Quick Fit for me.  Hopefully, I will get to the gym all week this week since I'm in the office.  I know I will miss 2 days next week and I am subbing Zumba on Thursday.  I have to drive to Cheyenne for a conference and am actually coming back early so I can sub.

Hope you all have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Good Monday morning, just came in from a 3 mile walk, it's sunny and supposed to be 60! Hooray!   This afternoon I'll do some TG.  I find for myself if I break up my workouts throughout the day I see better results rather than doing it all in the morning .  Then I find myself sitting too much because I think I already worked out so now I can watch TV.   Not good for me.  I burn more calories being active in little increments throughout the day.

I so wished the Daytime Emmy's were on cable last night.  You could livestream but I didn't want to do that.  They used to be on.

Foxxie enjoy Senior cardio today and have a great rest of your day.

Dr.Kelli glad you like the coconut splash, it seems to have mixed reviews but I almost bought that.  I'l wait until I can get the smaller sizes to try them.

Laura soon you will have this all behind you!

Nomless still thinking of you, hoping each day is a little better.

MickD, hope you can get some trail time today.  What kind of shoes do you wear for trails?

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday atheletes!

It's supposed to rain......my bones feel it!  I went for a really short jog/walk with my dog Rex......maybe 30 minutes.  I used to run with him and Sammie daily.....they kept me in great shape!  I am going to try and take him once a week now that his joints are getting better (he's had some hip and shoulder issues over the years).

Sammie has her cast off and cannot jump or run....just walking for a month or so.

@bopper Yay you're finally getting nice weather!

I wear Asics trail runners.  I have a pair for running outside and a pair for the treadmill.  I think they've been discontinued now.....boo-hoo.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G