Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

@nomless  I missed the Shadow news.  I'll say a prayer for her.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well the sun is shining now and hopefully all this mess will start to melt, my roof is like a waterfall with the snow melting off of it but it needs to go!

Did treadmill and TG this morning, working on pullups, chin ups, bi's and tri's, planks, used the glideboard for toes to knee planks and then used a KB for some of the bicep and tricep work.

Tried shoveling more but it is like shoveling cement so I gave up, don't want to hurt myself.

Judy praying for you today, you got this!!!  Hugs!

Nomless how is Shadow doing?  Sending big hugs and prayers for you both!

Laura, foxxie, Tony, Dr.Kelli, and everyone wanting to say hi, have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

OMG @bopper, I had no idea the weather had gotten so bad again.  Don't hurt yourself!

@JudyL  I'm sure you came through with flying colors!  Heart  Feel better.

@nomless  Still thinking of your cat too.  My boss is bringing her dog in on Monday after he gets his treatment at the vet.  Lots of sick babies out there.  Smiley Sad

Hi to everyone!  I was going to mow my lawn and do the yard work as my exercise tonight but I will be taking it easy instead.

Respected Contributor

Quick peek in for me--my last day at the plant until next week.  It has gone pretty smoothly and I have eaten like a pig (they bring lunch in every day).  I get no exercise unless I get up and walk around the plant, but the wind is kind of cold today, so I do it very quickly. 

I don't know if y'alll saw our windstorm on the news last night, but I don't think I've ever seen wind like that.  It blew a tree down in our neighborhood and several cities had horrible issues with downed trees.

I'm doing Zumba for sure tomorrow and in the next 3 or 4 weeks, I'll be subbing 2 times.

@Laura14--what's the story about getting kicked out?  Your mother actually kicked you out of the house you've been living in/taking care of for HER?

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday everyone!

@JudyL sending healing thoughts your way!

Did 31 min run on the trail today.....it felt great even though I've been a slug lately!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  @bopper, wow, that's a lot of snow!  Unbelievable.

@DrKelli@Laura14 explained her predicament in detail in a later post on that thread.  

Long day for me today.. I will donzumba Tone and another class this morning.  This evening, my fitness center will have a health fair with health screenings and exercise classes.  Also I believe this is the day they will debut an exercise program called Sh'Bam.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I was told she would be taking back her house as a second vacation home when she is in town which is every other week at this point and would be entertaining as often and as late as she wanted to.  That doesn't work for me nor would it for any reasonable person who is an adult with a full time job.

I am off to go find a new home shortly but here is the daily gym report:

Still no Nudie!   She is MIA for the second time this week.  Smiley Sad

We did Power with the new music again.  The instructor wanted to know if Fleetwood Mac was a 70s band?  Um, yeah.  Hall of Fame for years now. 

They have their song "Everywhere" which is actually an 80s tune in the new release which is why they came up.  Sometimes, it's better not to ask.     You would think the teacher is 12.  She's more like 35.   I wasn't alive during the Beatles heyday or Elvis but even I know they exist and in what decade.

Moving on....

I got my bad self down to Bruno and Disco and Pitbull again.  I am loving the new routines.  Two more weeks of it so I'll be a happy girl.  

Someone straightened the weights back to proper order again.  I need to find them and step on them.  We like the messy!  It's more practical and non-OCD.

At the beginning of class, the instructor made an announcement that is made from time to time to set your bar down gently so you are not scaring the heck out of the floor peeps.  So what does Adonis do on his first opportunity?  BANG!  He usually drops his Herculean weight but never that badly.  It's just rude and obnoxious and he unfortunately did not set up next to me so I couldn't even kick him for it.  

Anyway, I am sufficiently worked out weight wise.  I did about 15 minutes of a reclined bike before class so I did a bit of double duty.

I am going to play a little work hooky and see if I can have a new home shortly.  Maybe I'll find one with a good fitness center.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Laura14, I did come back later and read the rest of the thread.  I wish you the best finding a new place--you will be so much happier.  And I don't think you should postpone your cert test.  I'm also glad you've got some great music in class!

@Mmsfoxxie, I meant to respond when you first brought up ShBam--that is the Les Mills version of Zumba.  As a licensed Zumba instructor, I've got to wonder about the trademark infringement.  I hope you enjoy it though.  Let me know!

I got a message yesterday from a LaBlast instructor who needs a sub in a couple weeks, but unfortunately, the gym is about 20 miles from downtown and is not doable on a lunch hour.  I felt bad telling her no, but I teach dance fitness as more of a hobby, not my career.

I hope you all have a great rest of the day.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's sunny here and in the 30's so the snow is starting to melt, like I said yesterday, my roof is a river.

Did a 2 mile walk outside this morning, nippy North wind but i got it done.  Will be nice when the ground is finally bare and dried up, afraid my trail will be a lake for some time to come and mud.

Judy, thinking of you and praying everything is going well.

Foxxie enjoy your health fair and new class.

MickD, glad somebody can use a trail!  LOL

Dr.Kelli, good point made on the trademark infringement, I wonder how that works.

Nomless how is Shadow doing, thinking of you both and sending love and prayers.

Laura I sure hope you do find a new place, there is way too much drama where you are now and too distracting.     You keep studying and you will get that certification!

Well my little 2 year old GD is coming for me to babysit so I better get a move on and eat lunch before she gets here.

Have a wonderful day!