Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone. Looks like we got about an inch of snow overnight and some drizzle right now.  I'm going out, though, regardless.  I'm really motivated.

We went to a line dancing party last night but it was an early one, otherwise known as an old folks party, lol.  I love it when I get to see so many of my former co workers and other friends for a while.  Hubby doesn't line dance but because of his possibility of getting dizzy he didn't do any regular dancing either.  He enjoyed getting out, though.  One of my friends who I haven't  seen since I started going to my fitness center looked at me and said, "Maggie, where are your hips", lol.  I'm telling you working out plus weigh loss does a body good.

I made goal at my WW weigh in yesterday.  My scale naked was 129.8.  At the meeting it was 130.8.  Clothes made a difference.  So the receptionist said that they would  make that my goal number since it was so close.  Now the real job comes....maintaining.  Now I don't have to pay...yah!

I think hubby was trying to sabotage me on the way home.  We didn't eat any of the food at the dance so he kept saying he was starving and decided to stop at Culver's.  He asked me at least five times in different ways, "are you sure you don't want a burger or something".  No and no and no.  Finally he says he'll get something extra just in case.  Chicken sliders.  So I needed up eating a half piece of one of them and about three fries.  The smell got me, lol.  Weighed this morning and no damage done, still 129.8.

Senior cardio and Strength & Motion (cardio with weights).  Might do some walking.  I'm highly motivated right now.  I'd be highly embarrassed to go to my meeting next week with a weight gain, lol. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Foxxie, yay about your WW weigh-in! You've done so well. We're proud of you. Glad you had fun line dancing.

Bopper, yay for your good results at your physical. How are you feeling with the new med? I hope it's not making you feel bad. Glad you like your new DG jeans.

Laura, did you get out on the trails this weekend?

Judy, thinking of you. I bet Monte looks handsome now after his makeover, lol.

Hi, Mick and DrKelli. I hope you're doing well. You, too, Cater.

I spent much of the weekend watching Downton Abbey DVDs. I didn't watch the show when it was on air, but I know it was super popular and the DVDs are still poplular at the library. It's such a part of our pop culture, I decided I should watch, too. Very well done production.

It's supposed to warm up here this week. Spring might be here at last. 🌷

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone!  After today, we are FINALLY getting some great weather again.  They ended up playing at Coors Field on Friday and by first pitch--it was like 25 degrees.  So glad I didn't have tickets!

I'm not doing Quick Fit today because I am subbing Zumba tonight and I don't need 2 workouts LOL!

Since I am downtown so late, I'm going to go over to the shopping center (not really a mall) and look at the suits at Express to see if I can find something I like or at least try on so I can order online.

Other than that--it's just a Monday.  Hope you all are doing well!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, glad someone is having Spring hahah, it's in the upper 20's here, not much melting going on and more wintery weather for this weekend, but at the moment the sun is peeking out from in between the clouds so I'll take it.

Foxxie a huge Congratulations on the weight loss, that is a awesome accomplishment and you are very strong for turning down Culvers!   Glad you had fun at the line dancing too and even hubby got to visit and just get out!  Does a body good!

DrKelli, yes it was cold at that game, my son had the game in MN postponed as there was snow on the field, he's had cold every places he's been thus far!  Crazy!  

Nomless I have never watched Downtown Abbey either, heard of it but never watched it.   Happty that Spring may have reached you!~  Send it here please!  I started the new med yesterday and so far so good, she wants me to take it for 2 weeks and then she'll probably up the mg. we'll see how the 2 weeks goes and go from there, thank you for asking.  Still nursing the upper hamstrings, I'll never forget this injury, yee gads!   But I work around it, you have too, still doing planks too.

How are you doing Judy!  Monte sounds so cute!

MickD--- still waiting to find the trails here, not much melting because it's just to dang cold out.

I did treadmill 2 miles and TG for about 20 minutes.

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone.  Beautiful day by the Bay.  Supposed to get cold again tomorrow tho.

I slept horribly last night.  Tossed and turned and just couldn't fall asleep until around 1:00-ish.  Then the alarm goes off at 5:00.  Going to be a long, tired day today, which makes the work day drag.  I'm sure part of it is anxiousness (is that a word?) because of the surgery next week. 

@Mmsfoxxie - hope your sister's eye surgery goes well today.  Congrats on meeting goal at WW!  That must feel so good!

Didn't work out this morning because of the bad night's sleep.  Will get back to it tomorrow! 

Have a good day everyone

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning,

Back from the gym and the gang's all here or was there.

Walked in with the instructor who decided to take a selfie with the entire class before it began.  NOT me.  There were only about 4 people when the class was supposed to begin but somehow we ended up with our usual 15-20 when the iPhone came out.  No one wanted to miss their close up except me.  

Five minutes late but we managed to get in a lot of Pound before Power started.  Ms. Rudeness was back but only for Pound.  She left before Power but Adonis, Nudie, Uncle Vinny all came to the Power party.  

Nudie was somewhere between pantyhose and an actual pant so my eyes were somewhat spared.  She stayed all the way on the other side too which helped.  

Adonis was lacking today.  Only one strut.  He must not have eaten his Wheaties this morning.

Oh and the weights were finally messed up!  I wish I could have high fived or left a gift card for the guilty party.  The instructor was going to take a selfie of that too because she was upset it had finally been ruined.  Then she said, they must have been in a hurry to leave class.  BINGO!!  You've slowed down the put back and the honeymoon is over peeps.  

Tongue bitten so hard....

I am out of here for a few days to go home to NYC so I will be missing Thursday.  Sorry, Tony.  I thought I could make it before I went to the airport that day but I don't want to worry about getting to the airport in time.  Atlanta traffic stinks all the time but especially during morning rush.  And I really need to get away and make some decisions about myself and where I'm going from here.

Have a great week everyone.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Cold yesterday morning and still snowing when I left to workout but it didn't stick.  The deck looked to have about an inch but none stayed on the ground,

@Laura14, I hope you get some well deserved rest.  I must have missed one of your posts....the bruised face comment was a surprise.  I'll go back a look.

My sister's first eye surgery went well.  They will do her other eye today.  I'll have to find out what it's called but it took about 20 minutes.

This morning I have Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba.  I love my Tuesday schedule to death!  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@Laura14, it's good to get away from your surroundings for awhile--it's much easier to do some soul searching when you're not worrying about cleaning the bathroom or other nonsense.

@Mmsfoxxie, I'm glad the eye surgery went well.  It can be really scary.  I had LASIK back in 1998--both eyes at once.  I'm still corrected to 20/20, but have developed a little astigmatism.  I wear glasses to drive in the dark and I wear readers because I'm old, but for most things--no glasses necessary.  I spent 30 years with coke bottle glasses and contacts and believe me--I have enjoyed the ****** out of not having to deal with it.

So, here is the update on the suit.  I went to Express yesterday afternoon and a very nice young man asked if he could help--I told him what I wanted and he said, well, pink is pretty scarce, but let's see what we can find.  He looked in the back and found a pin stripe which I loved, but it was completely sold out online (boo), he looked for a good long while and I tried on the pants while he was doing it--he FINALLY found a jacket and he had one in the back in a size NOT ME, but it matched the pants and it had an interesting texture and they had it online, so he ordered it.  The pants are long enough and they look really nice.  The young man was so kind--it took a long time to get everything done.

The Zumba class last night was fun, but there were only 2 people who came.  It's at kind of a crappy time (6:30) and I hope it isn't the "ugh, we're having a substitute tonight" issue.  Yesterday morning, I got a sub request for my regular class.  It is extremely rare that the teacher misses, so I hope she is okay.  One of the regulars last night said that because class was cancelled the week before (I couldn't sub), maybe people thought it would be cancelled last night because they knew the regular teacher was out of town.

I hope you all have a great day--I need another cup of coffee.

Respected Contributor

Morning, just did the treadmill, and have a hair appt, and than babysitting so not a lot of time today.  The sun is out though, its very cold and nothing is melting, must have over a foot of snow in my yard still, we are only in the upper 20's, and an approaching winter storm for this weekend!  Yet again!

Judy glad your sisters surgery went well and good thoughts for the 2nd eye today.  I understand your anxiety about your upcoming surgery too, I should schedule a dental appt and am afraid to do that even.  

Sorry this is so short but I need to get in the shower and get going, have a good day everyone

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Did 30 min on the trail....it was a hot one out there!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G