Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Hi Everyone!  Just a quick note and please excuse any typos cuz vision is still not very good.  Surgery went well.  Its been a brutal week with face down.  It was as bad as I thought it would be.  Saw the doctor today and he is happy with my progress, however, I have to be face down for another 3 days 50% of the time.  So for instance, 8 hours sleep at night face down then do 4 hours in whatever way I want to during the day, as long as I get 12 hours face down.  The rest of the time I can be sitting up and moving around but still have to be fairly quiet in what I do.  After the 3 days is over, I am done with face down.  

Had excellent nursing care during the first 8 days post-op.  My sister, daughter, and friend made it bearable but now I'm on my own, which is fine.  I have plenty of food in my freezer and pantry so have easy meals, can take care of my cat, and I'll just relax and take it easy.  It was so nice today to take a shower, oh how glorious those simple things are.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Have thought of you all often.  Will check in again in a few days when my vision is a bit better.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  So glad you are coming through it!  Those three days will fly by and then it's party time.  Smiley Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good times!  These are such good times!  It's the Soooouuuuuulllll Train in Power class today.  Shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing, ya, ya!

Aren't you going to be glad when this release goes away?  You have one more week of polyester and glitter balls and then they'll probably go back to a  release I hate with hard rock.  

Anyway, the men are multiplying.  And a couple don't know right from left.  The teacher didn't know the routine and messed up several times which I hate because that's how I get hurt but I got through I think unscathed.  

Nudie, Nudie, Nudie, Nudie, wherefore art thou pants again?  The pantyhose made a comeback .  Smiley Sad  I don't think we made a straight week yet.

And I AM STILL AWAKE.  The gym is blinding with the new interrogation spotlights and that is tough to take at 5am.  I still think I have to drop and spread them when I check in at the front desk now.

Anyway, I am off to get ready for work aka studying for the certification exam in between actual job responsibilities.  All this math is making my head hurt. 

I hope you all have a great Thursday!  

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  

So glad to hear that things went well, @JudyL.Three more days!  At least the worst is over.  Yeah, we do they everyday things for granted.  Even worse than no shower is bathroom issues.  Thanks for sharing.

Zumba this morning.  Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I all of a sudden got super busy at work, so I peeked in yesterday but didn't post and am trying to catch up on everything here.

@nomless, I am so sorry about the loss of Shadow.  I think it is one of the worst things we have to do as humans.

Our weather is so crazy--it was beautiful yesterday, but the day before, we had snow/rain.  Today, it is supposed to rain and be very windy, boo.  I am so tired of the wind.

I am subbing Zumba today, which is always more of a workout than when I am just a student.  I am supposed to start a new Phoenix class next Tuesday, but won't know for sure until tomorrow afternoon.  I pray that it isn't 21 students again and that I don't have any cheaters.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's mild right now and I walked this morning, saw about 8 flocks of geese finally heading North.  The temp will drop by 6 and tomorrow and Saturday cold and rain/snow mix, but we've had a few good days.

Judy so happy to see your post!   You are coming through on the better end now!  Hooray!   Agree we do take the small things for granted.   Get lots of rest!

April is coming to a close, wow things go fast when You're (I'm) old  Hahah

Have a good one!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Another beautiful day coming up although not as warm as the 64 that we got yesterday.

@bopper, did you get your Philosophy order yet or am I mistaken that it was you that ordered that TSV.  I was disappointed in mine.  I don't know what is wrong with me in that I've been doing a lot of impulsive buying lately.  Must stop.

Senior Cardio this morning and that's enough.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Its a cold, foggy day by the Bay.

Haven't been able to read a lot of posts but did see that Nomless lost Shadow.  I'm so sorry Nomless and know how ard it is to lose our fur babies.  My love and support go out to you at this time.

Almost at the finish line!  Tomorrow, Saturday, is my last day of face down!  Wahooo!  Can't wait to lie down in  my own bed.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Take care!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@JudyL, I'm glad your surgery went well and that your recovery is progressing nicely.

I'm still waiting for my Philosophy TSV.  I'm especially interested in the body spray as I do not wash my hair every day and I really don't like the 'after' odor of dry shampoo--even though I use it.  So I'm hoping that it does freshen up my hair on those 'no wash' days.  It hopefully will be delivered today.

Just weight training for me today.  I've been doing a lot of computer work, so I am definitely in need of a little break in the middle of the day.

It is supposed to be a nice weekend, so after I get my hair done tomorrow, I hope that I can take the dogs out to the dog park and then spend a few hours reading on my deck.  I did a lot of cooking last week, so I'm set for this week too.  I really liked the sheet pan chicken, but I think I overcooked it because it turns hard in the microwave.  The turkey meatloaves are good, but I need to remember to bring extra bbq sauce because they are a little dry.

I hope you are all doing okay and have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL, I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are nearing the end of the face down recovery period. What good news. Hang in there just a bit longer. Many good wishes for you.

Thanks to all for your kind words about Shadow. Losing him has rocked my world, but I know it will be better with time. Coco is doing well and seems to be happy to have my full attention and my entire lap. She's quite the consoler.