Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, grass, nature and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

8792806D-E960-4DF1-9AF5-7977C6A3841F.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Took everyone's advise and stayed away from the MaxiClimber.   I purchased an Elliptical Machine from Walmart instead.   I have worked my way up to 60 minutes a day. Great for low impact workouts for toning upper and lower body

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Thats great!  I'm still working on around 30 minutes 3-4 days a week.  Would eventually like to get up to 45 minutes 4-5 days a week.  I'll get there.  Just taking my time as I don't want to overdo and/or burn out.  I mostly do workout DVDs as thats easiest for me due to space but have always wanted a Total Gym.  Maybe some day if I get rid of some of my stuff!  LOL

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

bopper- yup just breathe! Your storm is not gonna affect me- if we get anything - it’ll be a coating. All of the snow has melted and all of that brown grass looks great!

nomless- I hope all is well with you!

judy- I can’t imagine that recovery. Hopefully you can read or have a some sort of small tv or DVD player for entertainment- or will you have to take it easy with your vision?

mickd- how is that foot from way back?

foxxie- I hope your Dramamine does the trick.

drkelli- I think if I knew someone teaching a fitness class- I would be better motivated. The gyms are at least 30 minutes away so I need an incentive.

I’ll vote for you!

laura- How are things? Thank you for your thank you. I hope when you move  that you find as fun a gym as you have now. We need your adjectives! Your studying will pay big time! I live in a small town in central Massachusetts- 40 miles west of Boston. The big city near me is Worcester- 2nd largest in Mass.

The latest is cable is coming in November- we shall see...

Happy Easter/Passover. I’m in it for the jelly beans!

Tony

Respected Contributor

Happy Easter everyone, the snow has stopped and the sun is out but it looks like mid December here.   We actually are not going to church as the flu is bad here and that's a good place to catch it, but we are leaving for dads house for a late brunch, everyone is bringing something so that will be nice.   Bundling up in our winter gear though 15 degrees outside.

Tony I'd love to see brown grass, we did have some bare grass before all this happened.  No baseball yesterday either, postponed again, this weather isn't cooperating.  I am so happy you posted.   We do have Nascar though, and Michigan won BB last night!

MickD are the trails ready for you today?   

Judy hope your having a nice morning

Foxxie, is the weather nice there?  I remember as a kid wearing Easter dresses and bonnets and gloves to church, the weather sure has changed since I was a kid.

Nomless, I didn't order the sandals, decided to see the reviews.  I am tempted at some Skecher sandals though.

Laura I hope today is peaceful for you, and things are settling down, you are studying lots and you'll pass that exam!!!

DrKelli, do you have today off from working?  Hope you can relax and just enjoy your day

Well I better get my "face" on and out of my PJ's and pack up my stuff for dads house, not really wanting to head out in 15 degrees but it is what it is.....

Happy Happy Easter to Everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning everyone!  Happy Easter!  Today will be a quiet day for me, well sort of.  Will head to the grocery store in a bit, then work out - going to do Body Gym and AbJam today  - then housework and laundry.  Whew!  Hope I get through all of that.  LOL

@tony14smoke  thank you for the good thoughts for my recovery.  It will be a challenge.  Not sure how much reading or being on the computer I will be able to do but will be able to watch tv.  So have already started recording movies and other shows I like so I'll have things to watch and then there is Netflix also. 

Laura - hope you are able to have some peace on this Sunday and good luck with the studying!

Bopper - enjoy your brunch with your Dad and family.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and Easter or Passover.  Enjoy time with family and friends.

Judy

Update:  Was doing my Body Gym and the band broke!  One end of it broke and it went flying.  Thank goodness not towards me!  Went on their website and ordered a replacement band.  Wasn't too expensive so will see how long this one lasts.  Granted I haven't used it much and it sat around for a very long time and those latex bands do dry out, so to speak, after a while and I think thats what happend with this one.  What a surprise that was!  So decided to not do any other workout today and start on laundry and housework.  Sunday is my usual day off anyway.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

Bopper, it's cold and cloudy here, too. Enjoy your day with your dad.

DrKelli, I bet your Zumba class was a lot of fun despite the steps you forgot. 

Judy, crazy that the Leslie dvds were mislabeled. 

Hi, Foxxie and Mick. If you have plans for today, have fun!

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I agree about the Leslie Sansone DVDs.  Think that is probably why I never saw them offered again on the Q after I bought them.  I'm sure for some people it was very annoying so they probably got lots of returns but I'm willing to live with it.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Twenty-four degrees right now but is supposed to get near forty later.  They say that yesterday was the coldest Easter in a decade here...upper twenties that morning.  I didn't go out at all.  Just had a lazy day with hubby.  @bopper, no we didn't get snow, though, but my sister downstate in Quincy did...four inches.  I told her she'd better not send it up my way, lol.

I did a lazy Easter dinner.  I got a roaster chicken in the freezer that I seasoned well, sprinkled with paprika and put onions in the cavity, put it in the slow cooker for three hours and then turned my Ninja four in one to roast setting.  Moist and delicious.  But the lazy part was that I had ordered QVC sides...sweet potato casserole (too sweet) and mac & cheese (very good).  I took my chicken out of the Ninja and cooked broccoli in the leftover juices of the roast for a couple of minutes which made it so tasty.  Hubby still didn't eat any, though. His trying to do as the dietitian told him to do for his diabetes seems to have almost worn off, unfortunately.  Not ordering those side dishes again, btw.

@JudyL, I hope that during your recuperating time you will be able to read and watch something.  What is this surgery called, if I may ask?  I'm just amazed by how you have to recuperate!

Hi, everybody else that I didn't mention.

Today's agenda is Senior Cardio, Strength & Motion (I'm starting to really appreciate weight training which is what Strength & Motion is although there is a little in my cardio classes, too).  I might walk a mile or two because although I wasn't crazy about that QVC sweet potato casserole, I had two helpings, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)