Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Well I woke up yesterday to a huge sneezing fit and I just feel off.  I'm not sleeping well and I think it's a combination of stress and pollen and a touch of a cold. TGIF.

I did a small run last night for about 10 minutes of intensity and then another one this morning. I also did about 20 minutes on the bike before work so I'm getting my activity points in.

Have to mow the lawn either tonight or tomorrow and I am about at my 150 activity hours for the week so I may actually do a double circle this week for the first time. We'll see.

Taking the next two weekend days and relaxing. I have a list of home chores to do and started with some of it last night so it's a homebody 48 hours after I get off work tonight. Food shopping and gas are my only trips out.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Just a driveby to say hi.  Weather is a bit cooler today, but still  no rain. Which we desperately need.  I just sent an email to the lawn guys that I still don't need mowed, but they need to get my sprinkler valves set so that I can turn my water on.

I got a trainer workout in yesterday, but no workout so far today.  I usually go to the gym about now, but I have an interview at 11, so I don't want to be all sweaty for that because I have to be on camera.  I will get a dance lesson in though and I have the 2.5 hour marathon dance event tonight, complete with performance.  We're doing a country two step to the song You're Drunk by Brandy Clark.  There is a fair amount of acting in it and it's kind of funny.

Next week, I'll be at a conference for most of the week.  I finally got back on the board of directors (after years of shunning--long story)  I made the comment that they must have run out of people to ask if they let me come back.  I had been on the board since the beginning of the region and had to step down after 10 years because my company no longer supported my involvement.  I'm with a different company now and they completely support the activity.

I've run on and on about things that aren't related to our exercise topic so I'll just say have a good weekend!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!  Well it in the upper 40's.  It's my active rest day so I used my Pilates chair and walked outside.  Got groceries this morning.   I have 6 days of workouts in so I could take tomorrow off, in fact I should.  I always do something light though.  

@DrKelli  you can get off topic here it's okay.  I hope you get some rain.    

I wish our buds would come out. 

@Laura14  sorry you are dealing with something allergy related.   Take this weekend to chill and do stuff you enjoy doing and that does NOT mean mowing the lawn haha....

I'm drinking a smoothie now and sitting.

Hoping you all have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Mowed the lawn last night and did Yoga for Gardeners afterward. I am more than halfway to my second 150 minutes so I made up for my sick days. 

Laundry done last night too. I am off to food shop and gas up the car and my errands are done. Might wash the car. We'll see. 

I got brave and cut my own hair last night. Or trimmed it actually. It's been so long. Through the blessing of YouTube, I put a ponytail on my head and got the scissors and trimmed the end and voila, tidy layers again. I have curly hair so I figured it would be more than forgiving if I screwed it up. It worked beautifully and I honestly didn't cut enough. I'll try it again next washing day. Who knew you could do a quick layered hair cut in five minutes yourself? That's a lot of money and time saved for me and I will take it.

Waiting on a few items from free shipping day that will hopefully come today and tomorrow. I can not believe it's May tomorrow! Summer vacation planning time. I can't believe after so many years I get to take one again. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!  Taking a rest day, this time I really am  LOL... it's a forced rest day as I have trouble taking rest days.

I did a doggie walk and that's all.  Picked up some sticks from the yard.   Everything is so drab and dirty and sandy.  To windy to rake and the brown leaves are everywhere.

@Laura14  sounds like you had a productive day.  Great on the hair!!

Rain coming here today.

The month flew by!