Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Monday!   Well boy did the temps drop.  From 79 yesterday which was quite unusual to 44 right now and 30's by tonight.

@Mmsfoxxie  I'm trying to just exercise every other day to rest my body.   Do you think that should be ok?   And then when I do I only give it 50%

I did some yoga stretches this morning and a slow dog walk on the trail.  That's it for today.

Sloppy Joes for dinner.    Oh I love homemade oatmeal raising cookies.  I soak my raisins in water to plump those suckers up first.   My problem is I'll eat to many!

Here's to a good week ahead!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  I'm out at a plant today, so no workout.  Tomorrow too.  Trying to get my travel done for awhile.  I was supposed to go to a dance class tonight but I've got about a 4 hour session on the road tomorrow (2 hours both ways), so it is a long day.  My friend begged me to go because they are teaching the song for the show case.  Even the instructor wants me to be in the number.  Then next week, I leave for a conference the next day.  May is just super busy.

I'm still trying to get my company credit card straightened out.  I talked to accounting today and they said they sent the payment last Thursday, but it still hasn't hit my account.  Apparently, a lot of people in our company were affected--which is why they decided to send the payment.  I keep checking the account though because I need to buy a ticket for later on in May.

Our weather is kind of cold today.  Not like the kind @bopper is having, but they have had about a foot of snow about 70 miles west of me and they did call for flurries today, but it has warmed up enough that I don't think that's going to happen. Supposed to be almost 80 by Wednesday.

Hope you all have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

@bopper  I have always tried to listen to my body and make a judgement call. How do you feel when you are done working out?  If really tired and  symptoms reacting- then I back off. I know, I hate giving into to it too, but think its better in the long run. You know yourself best. Sounds like you are doing good.

@DrKelli  is right.. We aren't balmy  here-   50's and cloudy.  And warming up. It's actually good walkng weather.. which is what I did today. There is a slight breeze , but nothing like the winds we have been experiencing.

Yesterday I got in a good bike ride- along a path to  a small town nearby.. Grabbed a matcha latte at the local coffee shop..I am trying to love matcha.. it's a process. Know it's pretty good for me. I have them use almond or oatmilk and a bit of honey.. can't do completely un sweetened---yet.  Also  at the rec center for my 4 days this week. And thinking if the weather holds, a possible solo hike tomorrow.

@DrKelli  you sound so busy and I admire you working out too. I am retired, but remember the days of raising kids, working , etc..  I always tried to walk - at lunch hour or other and my job as a nurse had me on my feet most of my shift.  I was much younger then too.

Anyway, everyone have a good week. Thanks for all the updates.. I do read all the posts.

Honored Contributor

Respect and Replenish yoga this morning. 

We are going into the mid-eighties for the next week so let the regular lawn care begin. 

Have a great Tuesday. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!  Snowing here and about an ince has fallen...Sunday was 79.

@violet runner  I feel good after my workout, so I am confident I am not over doing it and like I said I pay close attention to how I am feeling and if any question I back off.   Now tomorrow will be a less intense day.

Today was REVIVE with Kaleigh, all Upper body circuits.   I am doing better with raising my weighs.  Used a 20# for 1 arm back rows, 15's for chest presses and 12's for triceps.  I did use a 20# for skull crushers too.  15's on biceps.. There were 30 second rests in between the circuits.

@Laura14  lawns here look terrible.  Well mine does haha.   All I see is dirt/brown grass.

@DrKelli  you are so busy!!  I bet weekends are really something you look forward too.

I got my new Ryka shoes.   They won't be my go to workout shoe but knock around they work good.

Keep pushing forward everyone!

Honored Contributor

Last night I did twenty minutes on the bike and Slow and Gentle Yoga. Upped the resistance on the bike and made it a heavy leg workout.

This morning, I did another set on the bike. Horrible nightmares last night and stress dreams so I'm tired. I think I am also fighting off something. Going to get through the work day and try and reset tonight. 

Have a good Wednesday.

Respected Contributor

Happy Hump Day!

Well woke up to havingto shovel my deck!!  Seriously!!  While you are all basking in your sunshine and planting and mowing I am shoveling...

I am still taking it easy.   The REVIVE spinning workout was hard today.  I put on my "out of the box thinking cap" it's how I roll and did the whole thing on my Pilates chair using the pedals, when she stood up I turned around and did running on my chair... Then she had a 13 minute ab section I also did.

@Laura14  I hope you are not catching something.  This whole Bronchitis thing sucks.   But it will pass, and I need to be smart about it and I am.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trusted Contributor

@bopper -  could use some moisture and even hate saying it, but even snow... We are so dry they are discussing water restrictions already... The mts are getting snow.. but  nothing on the front range to speak of.  I get that, enough snow and shoveling.

I  took a solo hike yestereday. It was one of those perfect hiking days.. not too hot, sunny and a gentle breeze. The trail was also void of too many humans. 

Rest of my exercise has been the usual.. rec center , biking,or walking.  

Keep moving in whatever fashion sutis us.  I  hosed off my patio area, cleaned some pots to get ready to plant, cleaned- guess those all count too.l

@Laura14  hope you aren't catching something..  Know you will take care of yourself.

I ate horrible yesterday.. but back on track today.. trying not to beat myself up about it.

And chalk  it up to "one of those days". We all have them.

Signing off.. as @bopper  said... it's hump day!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

Sounds like @bopper and @Laura14 need some get rid of the crud juju!!  Hope you are both feeling better soon!

I have been so busy this week that I have not worked out.  I did get my dance lesson in yesterday and just finished my trainer workout.  But I have 5 interviews starting at 11, so I'm not going to get to eat lunch today, I don't think.  If I do--it will be a snack.  I have one more interview tomorrow. These are all initial interviews for my two safety positions.

I need to change my shirt for them though--I'm wearing a shirt that says Yay Cardio--said no one ever. LOL!!  Unfortunately, I will have to appear on camera, so I will also have to wear a beanie to cover my bald head.  And it's really warm already.

Not much to add, so I hope you are all having a good Friday Eve!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday!

Today was 30 minutes on the Pilates chair and I am starting PowerABs over because I had to stop when I got sick, so today was Day 1, 10 minutes and It's a breather.  Granted I'm not 100% but still.   Going for an outside walk in a bit here.

@DrKelli  yes send the ju ju please!!

I hate cardio to be honest.  I'd much rather do strength.

@Laura14  hope you are feeling okay

@Mmsfoxxie  hi you doing okay today!

Missing Judy

@violet runner  I hope you don't have those fires again.  I know there was 1 I saw on the news.

Guess I'll finish my lunch coffee and lace up the shoes/boots haha and head out.

Keep going y'all!