Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

After a very lazy day, I managed a short bike ride and yoga routine tonight. Hope everyone is ending the week well. 

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone!  I was on a safety meeting at 6 am, so I had to get up super early.  My backside is really sore--we did a lot of squats and lunges yesterday.

I've got meetings most of the morning, so not sure if I will get to the gym today.  I am teaching lablast tomorrow though.  Next week is going to be tough because I'm out at plants 2 days and I have a performance on Friday night.  Then the next week I am at a conference--but teaching LaBlast one day.

We are supposed to be in the mid 80s today, but there is a severe wind warning--boo.  We've already had horrible wildfires and I'm sick of the wind.  Hopefully we get some rain this weekend.

Not much to add--have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Gloomy day here.

@bopper, sounds like you're improving a little each day...great.  Happy your mom's surgery went well @DrKelli.  Sounds like the procedure my husband went through before we got married.  At the time, it seemed weird for the doctors to go through the groin for a heart surgery.

Wednesday, I had to go to another volunteer workshop at the hospital since it's been about three months since I went before and didn't follow through on coming back.  While I was there, I decided to make an appointment for my second booster shot.  I had been on the fence about getting it but after they removed the mask mandate for air travel, I figured I should.  I have a trip coming up in May after my daughter in law has their third child.  She's going to still be on bed rest (as she is now but someone else is there now) for a while.  I can't stay but a few days, though.  He's not a baby (?) but I feel I have to be home for my husband.  Notice the question mark about him not being a baby, lol.

No workout in the last couple of days. Enjoy your weekend. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Well the first workout in a week for me.   Seriously sometimes I just have to say " I know my body and what it needs"   I was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis yesterday though so on Prednisone but low dose, not feeling it doing much yet though.   The patient Portal thing is a pile of ******.   What good does it do to reply to a message if it takes up to 48 hours for them to see it.  Hello.............  I would like my antibiotic before the weekend.... so now I don't know if I'll get it or not.  I even called there to be sure they saw my reply and she said " we aren't sure it will be in the pharmacy before the weekend"  Well what the heck is a portal good for.  I'm venting.

Anyways @DrKelli  I saw 80's holy moly..  We're 34.   My DIL there and both kids have the stomach bug bad...I guess so many bugs of different kinds going around and so contagious.

@Mmsfoxxie yes get your booster. Who knows by the time you go they may have masks back on again.   I hate traveling. People think I am weird and I get called out for not wanting to do things.  I can't help how I feel.  I have anxiety and that's an illness.  

Oh I was saying I finally worked out because my body needs movement.  I did the bike, treadmill and some weights and I was dang proud of that!!  Of course I won't over do because I am not stupid!   But I need to start taking charge again.

So today was supposed to be 50, I swear at the beginning of the week I'm like oh yay it's finally warming up.  Then the end of the week comes and where's the warmup.   The dr. asked me if I had been depressed at all.   I laughed and said no, but gettin there LOL....

Any who, lets keep being our best selves because it's all we got!

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli  is right.. it's hot here in CO. 87 at my house and the winds have not ramped up as predicted so far, but it is windy. Such extremes.. And the  wildfires.. they are getting closer to my city.. Boulder seems to be the recipient and we are about 16 miles from them.  The evacuation the other day was for people about 8 miles from my place.

I have done the usual exercisng and no hiking tomorrow.. It's my husband's bday and family is coming over.   I may try to go  on solo one on Sunday.  Seem to have to have my fix of nature.

Sounds like everyone is maintaining. @bopper - glad to hear you got a diagnosis and hopefully have the antibiotic by now. Never easy these days its seems. Used  to be, the doc would hand me a few "samples" and then call in the prescription. Samples have gone by the wayside at least in my area.

Have a good weekend everyone..  

Honored Contributor

30 minute cycle ride for me this morning. Made my 150 activity points for the week again and my sleep numbers have been off the chart good. 

Get well soon @bopper . We're 85 today. I'll try and blow some warm air your way. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!

Yup I got the antibiotic, haven't noticed much difference though.  My son said it those don't help I don't have an infection that's its a virus that has to run it's course.  Perhaps he's right.  The Prednisone I haven't noticed much difference either.  I don't feel terrible, just lots of nose blowing and chesty coughing.   Yesterday I had 180 active minutes.   Today I decided to rest.  I'll do every other day just to play things safe.

It's in the 40's here after last Tuesday it was broadcasted 60 on the weekend.  Okay Where ???

I remember getting sample drugs too.  Simplier times were just that simple.  Everything is a battle now!

The day flew by.... I hate night.  I'm a daytime person.

Hoping y'all have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!  Well it's finally in the 70's can you even believe it!!   The rest of this week is back to winter in the 30's so I worked out on the cycle, Total gym and treadmill and did weights.   Then I sat on the deck in shorts and a tank top and let that beautiful sunshine soak into this bronchits body.   I am getting better but it's very slow but apparently that's the way this bug is moving.

My DIL and kids have had a terrible stomach but and I mean terrible.   3 days of vomiting and trying to take care of a 2 year old and a 4 year old while you yourself want to die....

I washed all my sickly bedding and hung it outside.

Hoping everyone is doing something they enjoy today...

See ya tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

Greet the Day yoga this morning.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody!  Gonna be a blah day weather wise but I'm grateful to be in it.

@bopper, I'm wondering if you're giving your body enough rest to recuperate??  (My doctor of medicine degree is in the mail, lol).

Made oatmeal cookies Saturday....not the best idea I've had.  Realized too late that I didn't have any regular flour so I improvised and used self rising flour.  Too caky due to the baking powder in it.  I like crispy cookies.

I'm not sure what activity I'll do this morning....hopefully something.  Have a great day all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)