Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of text that says 'I CHOOSE T... Let Have enough sleep Eat healthy Trust myself g0 of grudges Put myself first Cut off toxĩc people Guard my boundarles ake good care of myselt @_OurMindfulLife'

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

• Be the reason someone smiles today image 1April Single Word Easter Eggs Banner Vector Illustration 1
Honored Contributor

Happy April.

Yoga Rinse to start the day.

My grass is growing so my duties outside are about to pick up again. At least it's a cardio workout. Not sure if I'll tackle it this weekend or give myself one more week. I really hate yard work. My lawn mower looks great as a conversation piece in the corner of my garage. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, sweet people!  @bopper, great affirmations.

Yesterday, I felt so old.....my oldest son turned 55.  It was just yesterday I was that age, lol.

I haven't been out since Sunday morning when I did early morning grocery shopping and stopped in my fitness center for a walk on the track.  I did a 15 minute hoopla hoop session one morning and walking with our girl Leslie Sansone a couple of times.  Better than nothing.

Hey, don't fall for any pranks today!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

No pranks from me--I hate April Fool's day.  I think it's stupid.

Got a lot of exercise last night with our spotlight dance.  But I am so tired today and I have 2 lessons this afternoon.  I am also dancing in a showcase tomorrow--two dances.  I'm tired of being tired---I should be over this by now.

Not much to contribute today.  @bopper I'm sorry you are having terrible weather.  I know we are not quite done with winter here either, but at least now it will melt fast and make our lawns green.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning.. I am going hiking in a few hours.. Going to be a decent day here in CO.

Maybe some wind.. nothing new there.  Exercise has been biking, rec center , and playing with my grandson who is 3 and a half. The latter the most workout of all!

I had my eye check up ( one I had an aneurysm lasered) and she still wants me on lighter weights saying it takes about 3 months for the area to fully seal over. All looks good so far..I have increased weights by 5 pounds.. but I certainly want to keep my good eyesight so will  comply.

April- still an unsettled month- but moving to nicer days.

Plan to watch the Men's Final 4 games today..

Have a good weekend.. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!

Started today off with Cellercising to get the lymphatic system moving and getting my flexibility going.  Then 10 minutes on the Pilates chair and 45 minutes on the bike.  Tomorrow I"ll do the weights.

No grass mowing here for a long long while.  Our yards are full of snow...Did I say I'm over it!!!

@violet runner  take care of those eyes!  Our kids are on Spring break now.  Well mine are adults but my granddaughters are on Spring break.

Taking dad to dinner so that will be nice for him to get out.

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday.

I did no formal exercise over the weekend. Sunday was all about Spring Cleaning. I have a rearranged, dust free, bug free space. I actually saw a spider I missed start to climb again like I cleaned the space for him to do just that. He's gone and I am going to buy some weather seal to help with the outside door. I already sprayed it down so his relatives can cross at their own risk. 

I do need to mow the grass. It's raining the next day or so but my first lawn care is happening later this week. That's always a job the first time out. I keep weeding the landscape and the weeds keep mocking me as they grow right back. 

This morning I did Ahimsa yoga and one of Amazon's circuit training workout. I got one point for the 35 minute yoga. I got 20 points for their own 20 minute workout. I think they may be biased although the circuit was much more intense with weights than the yoga was. Either way it was a good start.

Have a good week everyone. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  Well, I decided to come into the office today. Mainly because I need to have a conversation with my boss.  It's a long story, but to summarize--people got something 'added' to their plates (not me) and did not do what they were supposed to and now the project that I was supposed to step away from in squarely back on my plate.  And the people formerly in 'charge' did not do something they should have--engage a consultant.  And now it's too late.  So I'm asking my boss for complete ownership.

Now to exercise--did a showcase this weekend--I will post the link so you can watch it.  It will be up on April 10, so next weekend.  I did 2 numbers--a theatrical arts with one of the women teachers at my studio and the crowd favorite Bandstand, with my regular partner.  We got so many compliments about how different the numbers were from the other showcase numbers and how joyful I seem on the floor.  Our Bandstand number got the biggest applause and one guy came up to me and said "I know how you're going to die"  I replied--Yeah--doing bandstand!!  Another guy said "That is your dance!"  And a nice older lady (Ukrainian!) told me "Your numbers were the best--your music is different and your choreography means something in the music"  I felt very proud because Jason and I had a HORRIBLE rehearsal on Friday.

Since I'm in the office today, I won't get a workout until I get home.  I could bring clothes with me because there is a PF right down the street.  But in any case, I will do something when I get home.

Hope you all have a terrific Monday!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hello Monday!

Today was 35 minutes on the bike to Studio Sweat and 20 minutes with Body Fit By Amy and a nice stretch afterwards.

@Laura14  I can't even imagine grass.  It will be 2 months before we even think about mowing.   Can't even find our yard yet and then it will need to dry up.  I feel like I live in a different continent!  haha...  I hate spiders!!

@DrKelli sounds like a good weekend and a good performance too.  Give your boss a talking to.

It's 37 here dreary and wet, half rain and half sleet.  All week more of the same.

Get those bodies moving!!