Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!  It is a chilly day in Colorado--we're expecting 3-6 inches of snow overnight tonight.  It's already colder than it was at 6 am when I walked the dogs.  I have a doctor's appointment across town at noon, so I hope the wet weather holds off until then.

I did LaBlast on Saturday and will do at least a half hour of it today.  I need to leave here at about 1145, so I will need to eat lunch and then get out the door.

Not too much else to share--I kind of had a lazy weekend, although I did get my pantry cleaned out.  My weekend project coming up is breaking down all the boxes in my garage (seriously--it looks like I am a hoarder).  I had to wait until it is a bit warmer because my garage is not heated.

Hope you all have a good day--I'm off to get my second cup of coffee!!

Respected Contributor

Monday Motivation!   Today was 45 minutes on the Cellerciser with I Jump Instead and David Hall Youtube workout and then 30 on the TG abs and shoulders.  Just came in from a dog walk.  We're back to snow flurries.   I hope the little buds we do have don't freeze, that would be terrible!

I'm vacuuming and dusting and looking at all m clutter.   I hear ya @DrKelli I have ****** I don't need or use and which I could back in a dumpster and dump the whole house Haha!

Have a good one everybody!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  Well, I got my first round of exercise by shoveling the 5 inches of snow that fell overnight.  We're not supposed to be out of the 30s for the next 2 days and more snow is expected tomorrow night BOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll do LaBlast in a few--I'm actually 'attending' a virtual safety conference.  I need to attend because I need the points to keep my professional safety certification.  It's been pretty basic information so far.

I just looked out the window--the streets are clearing off--this morning was a huge icy mess and I'm glad I didn't have to be out driving in it.  It was bad enough navigating my driveway that had that snow on top of a layer of ice because it rained before it snowed.

Hope you are all doing well today--at least get up and dance for 10 minutes if you do nothing else!

Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody!  We had snow all morning but it's melting as it hits the ground.

Dancing, that's always a good idea.  Did my stationary bike this morning for about 30 minutes.  Then in-place walking, working my arms.  I really want to go back to my fitness center, though.  My feet are feeling better but unlike the last time they re-opened, the mask is required to be worn.  I can barely walk a block with that thing on without breaking like I have asthma.

Glad everyone is doing well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@bopper This is my first time posting on this thread.  I just really came across it.  I run daily.  Usually in the early morning, a mile or so, if not a little more.  I also swim as much as I can, weather and schedule permitting.  I enjoy walking, too.  🏃🚶🏊🤽

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Hey y'all!   Well we had snow this morning when I got up!   So tired of it.  And the day before I was in shorts!!!   

Welcome @SloopJohnB good job on the run!  Are you in a warmer climate? 

I started today with David Hall  and 40 minutes give or take of Cellercising and it was tough.   Then did some Pilates Chair and Abs on the TG.   Walked after lunch and yes we had snow.

My Son said in CO they got 6 inches last night

I just don't want to go from this to 90, I am not a hot weather person either. 

@Mmsfoxxie  good job today and I hear ya on the mask thing.  I get so bloody hot, but that being said I give thanks to those who have to wear them every day for 8 and more hours.

Not much else here today.   

Have a good night, my new favorite show on tonight Big Sky!!  So good!!

Respected Contributor

@bopper Thank you for the warm welcome..... And yes, I'm in a warmer climate, South Florida..... Hot, hotter and hottest......☀☀☀☀. LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  And welcome to @SloopJohnB .  I love warmer weather.  I'm sick of snow, but we have at least another month of possibility here.  My grass has really greened up with all the 'free' water.

I'm attending a virtual safety conference, but chose to exercise during one of the sessions--I did something new today--two apps--Organic Dance and Splits Training.  It took a little over 30 minutes for both.

Plus I have my dance lesson today.  Since we're doing Quickstep, that's an hour of cardio LOL!!

I went to the ENT yesterday, you should have seen all the wax that he dug out.  He was surprised I could even hear out of the right ear because I had a huge piece directly on the eardrum.  He said he could believe how much pain I was in.  The good news was that there was no infection and all the pain was probably due to the metric ****** ton of ear wax in my ear.  So now I will be seeing him every 6 months for the ear clean out;  Already made the next appointment.

On other medical news--the Kybella shots have started to work!  My neck fat has been decreased by about half, I think and I am starting to get chin definition again.  I go in for the next round in 2 weeks and the PA told me they usually see a remarkable difference after the second round.  I'm glad I spent some of my bonus money on something selfish!!  Now if those shots only worked in my stomach LOL!!

We're having cold weather again today and even some snow flurries first thing when I was walking the dogs.  I can't wait until we are done with 'second winter'.

Have a good day everyone!!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli Thank you for the welcome greeting.  And after reading your post, may I ask you something?  In regards to your ear cleaning, can you tell me how they do it?  If it's not TMI, I'm interested in what it entails for myself.  👂👂

Respected Contributor

An ENT will use a q-tip looking thing but it doesn't have a cotton tip.  It's like a long crochet hook and they work at prying the wax away from the actual ear.  An ENT has a special microscope that makes it easier to see.  "Wax" is actually shed skin cells.  If you go to a general practioner, they use a 'flushing' method which is extremely uncomfortable and does not work well if the wax is hard and/or impacted.  My doctor is very skilled and it took about 15 minutes because he had to be really careful with the stuff stuck to the ear drum.  After they pry the wax loose, they have a thing that looks like a really long pair of skinny scissors that works kind of like tweezers that they can grab the now loose wax and pull it out of your ear.

The weird thing is--in my 'hearing aid' ear--I had no wax.