Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!  I hope you all are well!  Busy here.

My son finally talked me into driving up to his fave mountain area 3 weeks ago.  I fell in love with the place.  We made an offer on a stunning piece of property of 7.5 acres with views of Lake Elsinore and the mountains, and were in escrow. 

However, after doing our "due diligence" we found that we may not get permits before 2 years or even not at all to build, get water, etc....what a heart-breaking mess...so we let go of the property.  A shame as no one will be able to build on it either.

In the mean time, we listed our house and found a rental in Lake Elsinore....and will look for another place....no empty lot this time...gotta have a house.

Our house is being interior painted....slowly.  I have been cleaning and staging.  Hopefully the painters will push it fast as they only have 2 rooms done, and it needs to go on the market on or by 4/27.

Wish me luck on getting this sucker staged and cleaned in time for the open house!  Hopefully, I will maintain some sanity too.  I'll keep you posted......miss you all and I don't know when I'll have the time to get out on the trail again.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@Mmsfoxxie great job losing 6 pounds!! I gained back 3 so I am not happy!

@MickD I don't envy you having to get ready to sell your house.  I've been in mine 15 almost 16 years and it is in dire need of a paint job and massive decluttering.  That's a real shame about the property, but I'm glad you found out before you actually purchased it.

I did my trainer workout and dance lesson last night--my arms were really sore!!  I'm going to have to do something today, but I haven't figured out what--something from Beachbody on Demand probably.

Well, there's drama at the dance studio--one of the male instructors and I kind of got into it because I wasn't learning very well from him.  I asked him to change his method and he got all bent out of shape--I told my regular partner and he told me I had to tell the owner.  So I did.  I didn't want to be a jerk about it, but I pay a lot of money for lessons. The guy is a really good dancer, but he's worried about what he looks like and if his partner doesn't look good--he isn't going to look good.  So fast forward to last night, my partner asks me if Ryan has talked to me about the competition and I said no.  Jason said that James (the owner) told Ryan he had to call me and figure out what we wanted to do for the upcoming comp.  I said he hadn't called so whatever.  The passive aggressive jerk in me wants to prove a point and dance with him and do poorly, but the competitor in me won't allow me to look bad.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Thirsty Thursday!   What are you Thirsty for!   I am thirsty for more defined shoulders and abs!

Today I did 30 on the Total gym and it was shoulders today and then 45 on the Cellerciser with a body building workout and a sit and bounce workout.  Took my walk in again the damp drizzle 25 degree weather.   Yuck.  Built a wood fire when I got home and now cozied in.

@MickD that's some exciting news!   Lots of work ahead of you but you are so good at staging from what I remember and the property sounded beautiful but not to be.  Good luck with everything.   Keep us posted!

@DrKelli sorry the guy is being a jerk at dance.  Put him in his place Girl!

@Mmsfoxxie  Congrats on the weight loss.  I know you have been waiting for that to happen for a while now.  I don't mind rambling either!!   Not sure about the dentures.  My dad is 93, it's hard to know what to do.    I'd probably not participate in Red Hatters just yet.   I know we're all getting vaccinated but I don't do well with careless.

super windy here too.

I need to check my washer.   Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  6 inches of snow overnight!  A lot of it melted, so there is only about 3 inches on the grass and my driveway.  I got a workout shoveling the driveway and sidewalk though.  I think it's supposed to snow again tonight (boo), but I don't know if it will be accumulating.

I have a dance lesson today,  but will try to do another workout at home.  Yesterday, I busted out an old Richard Simmons workout--it was the last one he released--I think it is called HOPE--it has both cardio and weights.  He didn't look very good--he barely did the dance moves. I always loved him--I watched his tv show and I actually belonged to the Richard Simmons Anatomy Asylum when they were a chain back in the 80s!

So--an update on the dance guy--he has not called me and he unfriended me on Facebook, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to dance with me in the competition. LOL!  Whatever--he lost the opportunity to make me a better dancer.  Which shows that he isn't a very good teacher.

Hope you all have a good weekend--LaBlast for me tomorrow and Sunday I have to go to the grocery store because I'm out of stuff. To be fair--I haven't done a major grocery trip since Feb 28--I've picked up things here and there (mostly dog treats), so it's time.

See y'all later!!

Honored Contributor

Ohhh, dear sweet overly emotional Richard Simmons.  You made me think of that song with the line....built me up, buttercup, baby....  I had his Sweatin' With the Oldies tape and used it regularly along with my Jane Fonda and The Firm tapes.  I think I had his Deal A Meal diet plan, too.  Back then I did most of my exercising at home though I belonged to Women's Workout World for a while.  Boy, I wouldn't dare wear leotards now, lol.

Well, I colored my hair this morning and I have to make chili for my husband.  That's the extend of my day.

Good luck with that staging and packing @MickD .

Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I used the Firm too!!  And I still have my collection of Sweatin to the Oldies!!  And most of the Firm workouts!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Well today was a rest day, well kind of.  You know me!   I did walk for 30 and did 30 on the rebounder but no TG.  Got groceries and was going to clean and that didn't happen.  I have a hard time getting started.  Get overwhelmed.

@DrKelli  what a jerk you are better off without him.  People are so weird!!  Sorry on the snow.  We're cold but no snow.

@Mmsfoxxie I remember Richard well!  I had deal a meal too!   I wonder how he is doing.  The last time he was interviewed which was ages ago he didn't look good either.  He seems to have vanished off the earth.

I love chili.  It's that kind of day here we're so darn cold!

I ordered 4 tank tops and they are a tad big should have gone down a size but oh well.   Hard to know.  I am not venturing in stores and I'm probably safe as have been vaccinated but our state is bad now.  Ordered them and should have gotten M and got L .   They are stretchy but still think I could have gotten Medium.

Sun is trying to come out.  That would be a welcome site!

Have a great rest of your Friday!

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday to you guys!  Gray day in the fifties and that's fine with me, lol.

@DrKelli, wouldn't it be nice if there were no jerks in the world.

I'm gonna do about 30 minutes on my stationary bike and then I'm off to get an oil change.  It's been way over a year but I hardly drive anymore.....hopefully I haven't damaged anything.  I'm aware that it's not good for your car to just sit in the garage.  Not too long ago, I got in my car to go to the store only to find out I hadn't closed my door all the way.  Battery was comely dead and I had to call AAA.  At least I could say my membership paid for something.  Some years, I don't have to use it.  Money given away.

Random thought:  I wouldn't have a child these days for anything.  I'm so so scared for these young people.  My grandkids, aged one and three have never been in a normal setting with other young kids.  Then there's the ones that are missing school/socializing because of the pandemic.  They play in the yard with each other.  When the parents go to the store, the kids wait in the car with one of the parents.  The only other outing is the numerous doctor appointments, mainly for the younger one.

Have a great weekend!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!   Today was a crusher of a day!   Started with 45 minutes on the reformer with a Jump board workout using a playground ball between the legs to target the inner thigh, then went to Cellercising with Dave hall with a workout called Cry Fat Cry!  It was great, we did 700 jogs in a row without stopping and it continued from there, about 28 minutes and then TG 22 minutes with Carrie Weightman Sexy Arms.   Just came in from walking Logan.   

I feel the same about little kids.  Nothing for them to do.  And now here in Michigan they want 2 year olds to wear masks.  I can not see a 2 year old wearing a mask.  My youngest grandson is 2 and I know he wouldn't leave a mask on.  I understand why this is being said but I don't think it's going to happen.

@Mmsfoxxie  I don't go anywhere either other than Walmart grocery pick up.  And to dads house.  Hubby and I will take a ride though .   Like yesterday we went to my sons camp and I saw my 5 year old GD and she's a hoot.   She goes to the out house ( yes it's an out house) and she says "grandma there's a lot of toilet paper in there"   Haha.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, Oh yuk!  I didn't know they still had outhouses, lol.  Glad the poor baby didn't fall in.

I remember as a young adult, my then hubby and I went to Mississippi to visit my relatives.  My maternal grandmother refused to move to town and still lived where there was no indoor plumbing.  She insisted that we spend one night with her and we couldn't say no.  Well, she had what's call a slopjar to use the bathroom in at night and we used that,lol.  I wasn't gonna use that outhouse at night or during the day, lol.  We saved our #2 for my aunt's house in the city, lol.