Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning,all!  Won't be able to workout until later today because I am out at a plant today.  I don't like being around all these people.  This is the plant that the plant manager is an a$$.

Well, our beautiful weather has come to an end.  We are expecting snow the rest of  the week.  Some models show up to 15 inches by Saturday.  That is simply unacceptable.  At least it won't be 15 inches all at once.  No thanks to that either.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Honored Contributor

Good evening!  Well it is here in CA for some of you its late evening.

Today I did 2 walks each about 20 minutes or so long - depending on how many neighbors stopped to chat or dogs that I had to pet.  HAHA

I've charged up my FitBit so that I can see how many steps I'm doing while walking and how far I've gone.  I have these landmarks within the complex - walk to the next gate or the next street sign, or the next dumpster structure, etc.  Tomorrow may try and go just a little further.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning, group!

Glad you're progressing, @JudyL.  Speaking of Fitbit....my Charge 2 won't sync to my devices.  Over the last three months, I've tried everything goggle told me to do.  Don't know if it's the devices or the Fitbit app which won't show anything correctly. Even if I don't workout, I know I  did more than 30 or 40 steps.  Anyway I broke down and ordered the Fitbit Aspire 2.  It comes today so I'll see if that works.  I didn't want/need the top line ones with too many extras like gps, music and bill pay.

Going to the store this morning.  It's still all I've done outside of the house.  Biding my time.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I have a FitBit Charge 3, think that is what its called, and hadn't charged it or worn it for months.  Last night when I went to charge it and sync it with my new phone, it had an update that took a little over 30 minutes.  I was so surprised but it all went ok.  Good luck with your new FitBit.

No walks for me today.  Not feeling all that great.  My doctor changed my blood pressure meds last Friday and told me I may have a bit of an adjustment so not even going online at work today.  Feel completely wiped out so time to rest.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I was supposed to be at a plant today, but yesterday afternoon, they went 'dark'.  I thought it was only yesterday afternoon, but I drove 30 miles out there today and they were going to be dark the rest of the week--no lights, no heat, no electricity and it is supposed to snow and be cold all day.  There was no way that I was going to sit in a dark building with no heat, or even be outside with no way to warm up.  Plus, my laptop battery wasn't going to last for an 8 hour day, so I came back home to work.  I'm sure the plant manager is going to be mad because I was supposed to be out there today, but I think it is unreasonable to expect me to work in a building with no lights or heat.  I've been out there in dark conditions before, but not when the outside temp is hovering around 30.

I did get a work out in yesterday after I got home and I have to skip LaBlast today because I have to be on a conference call.  So I'll try to get something in later.

I hope your FitBits work--I had 3 of them when they first came out years ago and within a month, none of them would charge (I had them at separate times), so I decided that I would not be held captive to a FitBit ever again.  LOL!

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!

Today was 45 minutes on TG doing legs and abs... Was going to walk but its raining again.  So much rain.  But better than what you are getting @DrKelli .   We are supposed to get some tomorrow but not much.

I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and luckily have had no issues with it.   I know I am captive to mine and I don't like that I am but I am.  

Does anyone have Vionic tide sandals?   I was looking but the toe post always bothers me.  Is the toe post soft and flexible and material?

Not much else going on here.

Hope to see more activity here...  Be safe!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  It is a very chilly day here in Colorado.  The wind is blowing, but at least there isn't snow.  Yet.  It looks like we will get mostly rain.  But the system doesn't move out until Sunday.

I have my trainer workout in a little while and a dance lesson today.  I thought I would be out at a plant tomorrow (when my trainer workout usually is), but they are dark and I'm not sitting in a building with no heat or lights.  Especially when it is in the 30s outside.  I know the plant manager is probably mad, but I am not acclimated to working outdoors for long periods of time and that poses a safety issue.  I felt really bad about it because I haven't been on a site since last March, but I just can't do it.

Our ballroom party is Friday night (safety protocols in place of course) and I have a lesson Friday afternoon and of course, LaBlast on Saturday (I'm not teaching this week, but I am next week).

I'm ready for my second cup of coffee so I hope you all have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday..... what did you do to better your health today?

I did 60 minutes on my Cellerciser with David Hall ( creater of Cellerciser) and then 1 workout from I Jump Instead, and 10 minutes lay down bouncing.. want to walk but we're getting sleet.  Woke up to all white but it's melting now but we're only at 40 degrees.

Good luck on your dance routine @DrKelli  and have fun at the party!  

I'm eating a bowl of steel cut oats for lunch.  Kind of backwards I know but I like my oats and they are so good for you!   Just made some muffins too.

Hoping everyone is getting over their injuries, finding something to smile about and to be positive about and hoping to see more posts.

Blessings

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Another beautiful day by the Bay.  Did my 2 walks today.  Also, making a real effort to not eat carbs - bread, pasta, rice, cereal (although I do eat oatmeal) - per Dr's orders.  She'd like me to cut back.  It's a real struggle for me and I have to make a concerted effort when it comes to meal prep to not eat them.  Right now I'm doing 2 meals a day with no carbs, just protein, veggies, fruit.  One meal a day I can have some and even then I measure out how much I'm having.  I don't and won't ever be able to go carb free like the Keto diet, but I am going to try and cut way back.

So, @bopper thats what I'm doing today for my health - now, tomorrow may be a totally different story! HAHAHA

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

@DrKelli, glad you're able to still enjoy your life as safely as it's possible.  Although vaccinated, I'm still debating some things.  My Red Hatter chapter has done a couple of zoom meetings but nothing else.  Some other chapter have been out and about but they sometimes  seem to want to take their mask off for pictures which makes me wonder how strict each person is going to be throughout the event their st.  You know how older people are....we sometimes forget ourselves, lol.

I haven't done it yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to resign my volunteer position at the hospital.  Just too many people I'd be in contact with.  Then there's that phone I'd have to use.  Still thinking.  My life is flying by me....closed up in this house.

Visited my father yesterday for the first time in his room.  He slept most of the time I was there.  He's complaining of being tired...they're doing lab work.

What do you guys think....should I invest $3000 for a 94 year old guy to get new dentures.  He has a set and has no complaints with it but the mobile dental unit was allowed back to the facility after over a year.  My father doesn't want any and I think at this point, he's going to fight getting fitted during however number of times that takes.  When my mother lived with me, I took her for fittings about four times.  Enough rambling, lol.

Today I'm going to ride my stationary bike.  I'm signed up for virtual exercise classes with my fitness center but I haven't taken advantage of it although my feet seem to be better (meaning the pain is not there every time I walk and the intensity is less).

I used to wonder how people's legs could change shape like for instance, I'd hear people say Tina Turner still had nice legs for her age.  Well, my legs never have been  nice like  hers but still I see that my knee caps, especially the right one, for the last couple of years, are very swollen from arthritis.    Like they say...beauty is on skin deep.  And does not last.  Sadly when I was cute, I didn't know it until my divorce from my first husband.  Then the guys came out of the woodwork, lol.  Got that divorce and get hog wild.  So glad that God takes care of babies and fools.

You see @bopper how much I can ramble, lol.  I just got my therapy for the day.  Enjoy your day everyone.

p.s.......down 6 lbs.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)