Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

I had my workout with the trainer this morning--albeit late--he had me in his calendar for the wrong time.  I've been at 9 forever and for some reason he had me at 9:30.  I still got my workout in.  Unfortunately, I need a Beachbody on Demand workout yesterday and I was very sore from that!

@bopper I don't cook much and all my recipes are not geared toward 'health'.  If that's okay, I can post once in awhile.  Would it be better to just include it in this thread?  

My quickstep is progressing--the steps are kind of hard and I get so aggravated with myself when I can't pick them up quickly.  We're starting with a Mambo (using What'd I miss from Hamilton) and then go into quick step.  I'm still having fun and I think I've improved a great deal.

I get my second Fauci Ouchie today.  Hope I don't have any reaction.  All my friends have had a significant reaction to the second shot (because their body is doing what it is supposed to), but my mom didn't have any!

Have a great rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday, today was Total Gym for 45 minutes and Cellercising for 40 minutes and a dog walk.  55 here today but on and off rain  But I did get outside quite a bit today.

@DrKelli  I had no reaction to either of my shots and neither did my hubby.   Hopefully you won't.  I've heard both versions of if you react it's good because your body is fighting.   Well I felt fine on both so does that mean I'm not healthy haha

Regarding recipes I just though it would be fun but didn't know you didn't cook.   I love to cook.   But then again if nobody wants to its fine.  Was just trying to shake things up here.  

Made chicken tortillini soup today with spinach.   

Have a good night everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in.  Foot/ankle still not up to me doing anything.  I'm hoping for next week.

I don't cook enough and don't really have any recipes.  Once my DD turned 18, oh so many years ago, I said that's it!  No more cooking for me.  I did when I was married but only if I had to.  Just not one of the things I like to do.  I like to bake though.  But the cookie recipes I have aren't mine, if you know what I mean.  Don't want to go posting a cookie recipe online and then find out I'm breaking some law - this is the thought process one gets when one has worked too long in the legal field like I have.  HAHA

This weekend the weather is supposed to be nice.  Maybe I can take a short walk.  There's always hope....HAHA

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  Gloomy weather practically all week....rain off and on.

Yeah, that second shot can be a whopper but most just have a couple of off days....unlike me.

I haven't been out all week since I didn't really need groceries.  I'm going to do general low impact aerobic in my bedroom today, about 40 minutes worth.

@bopper, I used to cook a lot but not in these later years.  But back in the day I was a first class baker.  I've always loved my sweets and baked for everybody.  Now, not so much.  I've never been good at low calorie recipes, though.  I'd do low cal dishes but never longer than I was on a diet. I just don't like food with substitutes for oil and sugar like applesauce or other substitutes.  I wouldn't mind seeing recipes from others, though.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@bopper i used to cook and bake all the time--I'm quite accomplished as a baker--the place I used to work had it's own upscale cafeteria and the head chef offered me a job as his baker.  LOL!  I just got out of the habit.  And I do cook Hello Fresh meals every week--I have to eat!  But all the 'shopping' is done for me.  I have some great recipes for green chile and posole.  My baking recipes are straight out of Betty Crocker mostly.

Got my second Fauci Ouchie yesterday.  Arm is very sore and I woke up with a massive headache, which apparently is one of the side effects.  it is better now that I've taken some adviil and gotten some caffeine in me.

I have a dance lesson tonight and am teaching LaBlast tomorrow.  It will be a small class because several people are at a dance competition in Florida this weekend (which is why I'm teaching).

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and then winter comes back. Boo.  Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli , glad your side effects are minor.

Hello Fresh also has a meal kit line called EveryPlate.  It's their more frugal offering and I like but at some point you get tired of carrots, broccoli and green beans as your veggies of choice.  Their usual suggest roasting the vegetables and once you put oil on it, there goes the lo cal aspect of it.  I like it but you can definitely tell it's the frugal side of the brand.  I think I gained a lot of my weight cooking that way.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Today was a rest day so to speak although I have my 5 year old GD here for a sleepover so resting is not what we are doing Haha...

Okay on the recipes it was just a thought.

Rainy and gloomy here too and back to the 40's.... yuck!

@DrKelli hopefully tomorrow you'll feel normal again.   

@Mmsfoxxie I love to bake too.  Don't really do it anymore as we'll eat it all...

Well the princess needs me again.

Sleep well everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Its a beautiful Sunday morning by the Bay.  So, Friday and Saturday I took 2 short walks a day equaling about 30 minutes.  Saturday I went a little further than Friday and my foot did ok.  No pain or anything!  Wahooo!!!  Still going to take it slow for another week with these short walks, going a little further each day.  Don't want to rush anything.  But I'm so happy that so far my foot is doing ok.

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday.

Honored Contributor

That's great to hear, @JudyL .  Slow and steady wins the race!

Respected Contributor

Motivation Monday who's in it to win it!

Me!!!!!!!!!   This morning I did 60 minutes with I Jump Instead and 30 with the TG Legs and Abs.

I have a dentist at 1, and then would like to walk but it's another rainy and cold day here.   So much rain lately.

@JudyL  so happy to hear you are moving in the right direction with the boot!   Slow and steady wins the race!!!  

I wish we'd see some leaves on the trees but we don't even had buds yet so it's very bare, grey and gloomy here.

I'm rushing so have a great day everyone!