Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Monday Motivation

Today I was back in the saddle and did 45 minutes of TG and then 30 of rebounding and a dog walk.

@DrKelli  I will try it's just kind of disheartening to not have hardly any activity here anymore.  Glad you will be able to see your mom and you will both be vacinated. 

It was 70 today and of course I was hot!  haha I"m just not used to it.  The next 5 days are supposed to be rainy and I did get out and do some raking too.

My Keurig but the dust..  Dog gone it.   It has lasted a long time though.   And I MUST have my coffee.   So on the hunt as we "type"

We have 7 in patients here and 3 are in ICU so the younger generation are not getting sick.  So sad!

Stay well everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  It's gonna be a rainy week here, too, all week.  Yesterday hubby and I had the scare of our lives!  There were two loud booms like a bomb that happened.  After looking out the window and seeing that the neighborhood was still intact, I jumped on my neighborhood social media.  At first nobody knew what it was but it was heard through several suburbs and into Indiana.  People were saying it was like a sonic boom but turns out it was two lightening strikes followed by incredibly loud thunder that shook houses.  If I were playing that game "Never have I ever", I'd use this event as my answer.

Anyway.... @bopper, my vote is no, don't shut down this thread!  I love reading it even when I don't contribute.  I don't contribute as much because my activity is so embarrassingly low.  (Sometimes I get on here and ramble about crazy stuff in my life and know that's not what this thread is about).  This pandemic year seems to have brought my emotional health down as well as my physical health.

I've lost five pounds but don't feel that enthusiastic about it since I've done it so many times before not to mention I can't see it.  I'm still determined, though.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

My bum knee continues to heal s...l...o...w...l...y... so my activity has been limited. Nothing really to report but I'm glad this thread is here! I intend to participate more as my mobility increases and I can actually DO things besides pedal a Cubii.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning!

I had EVERY intention of doing a lablast workout, but instead, I spent over 2 hours at urgentcare.  Yesterday, I was having some significant pain on my ear and head.  Like hurt to touch it type pain.  It wasn't gone this morning and I found out you can get an appointment at urgent care--although I had to go to the next small town.  My mom actually texted me after I posted something on FB (they never stop telling you what to do).  She thought I had an infection---doctor couldn't see in the actual ear canal because there was a huge chuck of hard wax.  They did their best to get it out, but there is still a significant blockage and they think that is what is causing the pain.  She did write a scrip for antibiotics because they made my ear bleed trying to get it out (The ENT does the same thing, so I wasn't worried).  I need to follow up with the ENT so he can finish the job.  They also gave me some drops to help dissolve it so his job is easier.

So, I will try to get  my workout in later today, hopefully the live stream will be up still.

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday let me first say that @Mmsfoxxie remember I said you don't have to post about exercise but it's fine to just say how your day is going.  Yes the thread is called the Exercise Thread but we're good with whatever.  This is a neighborhood so to speak too.   And speaking of wow how scary that must have been and I hope no fires started because of those strikes.  We were supposed to get thunderstorms last night but nothing happened.  It's muggy though and 60 but not complaining.   Starting to cloud over now and rain is coming again.

I did 40 on the Total Gym and 40 on the Cellerciser with youtube and a 30 minute dog walk which is my peaceful place and doesn't really seem like exercise because I look forward to it so much.  Even had my shorts on!  Woo hoo!!!!

@DrKelli gee I am sorry about that pain in your ear.   That's terrible.  I hate when my ears are blocked too almost makes me have a panic attack.  I hope you can get some relief from the antibiotic they gave you.

@catmama Nice to see you pop in.   Keep coming back please!

@LonestarBabs Hi to you!  Smiley Happy

Not much else here going on!   That's okay too!!!

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Just checking in.  My ankle/foot is still recovering so I'm not doing anything.  I do remember the Body Gym had a segment on upper body and one of the women demonstrated it sitting in a chair.  So think I will dig that out and see how I do.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.  Sunny but cool by the Bay today

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  Didn't rain afterall yesterday so it promises to do so this evening.  Since our flood last year, I get paranoid when I hear a forecast of more than a drizzle.

@bopper, yes, I remember you saying our posts don't have to be e excise relayed but I don't want to go too far in the other direction.

@DrKelli, is the ear you're having trouble with the one you wear the hearing aid in?  Maybe it's a relayed issue.

@JudyL, you're going to be jogging all over your neighborhood now that the boot is off, lol.  Glad you're better.

My hospital volunteer department sent an email wanting us to do a drive thru hello in a couple of weeks.  Nothing else...just get in your car using gas to......drive thru a designated area of the hospital parking lot.  Might be a surprise involved but I'm not going.  That's worse than all these virtual meetings everybody is having.

No plans of what I'm going to do today, maybe walking in place.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie it's the ear that I DON'T wear a hearing aid in!!  Hearing aids actually prevent some of the wax buildup.  My entire right side of my face is sore this morning.  I still haven't gotten the call from the pharmacy telling me my prescription is ready.  I like that they can electronically submit the scrip, but it seems like it takes two days to get it filled that way.  I see the ENT on the 20th--that way my ear has a bit of time to heal before he goes digging for the rest of the wax.

I need to do some kind of workout today--I do have a dance lesson, but since I missed yesterday, I need to do something!!

I'm super busy at work, so I thought I would just say hi and blaze on out of here!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I hope you get some relieve soon.

Doctor called in prescriptions seem to be lower on the priority list.  Couple of years ago my dentist called over an antibiotic; I was in excruciating pain due to an abscess.  The clerk couldn't find it on her screen.  Then she checked for doctor call ins and it was there but she said there were many ahead of me.  I sat there for over an hour.  When she finally got to me, I took the capsule as soon as I got in my car where I had water to take.

Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday!   Today I did about an hour on the TG, first with Rosalie and then with Cathe, moved on to Cellercising with I Jump Instead and a dog walk to round it out.  All in time to watch m BB team Detroit Tigers play.  My son is umpiring 2nd base and I love to watch him.

@DrKelli  I sure hope that dang ear feels better and whats with the scripts taking so long to be filled.  I have to call my dr. as mine run out this month and my physical isn't until July.  They got all screwed up last year because of Covid and I won't have enough to hold me until mid July.

@JudyL glad that boot is off now be careful so it won't happen again.

@Mmsfoxxie  I think your okay with going the other direction and I know you won't go to far off track.  

You know I was thinking we should start 1 day a week where we share recipes.  Like today is Wellness Wednesday.  If anyone wants to participate in that it would be nice.  Just copy and past a recipe here for everyone.  Who's interested?

Okie dokie back the the game!