Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

I was up early this morning and decided since my last day with the old employer is tomorrow, I am not rushing to get in and I didn't. 

The new owner came walking in this morning with a vase of fresh flowers and apologized that no one during this whole course of events since Christmas definitely let me know that I was part of their plans going forward all along.  I was in such shock and @JudyL I was so jealous of your Admin Day (I can't even remember when anyone even acknowledged it) and here the new owner starts out with that. 

Of course I find out later the F&B Mgr set the whole thing up and said something to him last night that I wasn't quite sure about my place.  I just came home for lunch and I got some tears of relief (about 6 months worth) about to come spill.  I am beyond lucky.

Anyway, wellness thread.  Because I was up so early, I did my yoga this morning which I think was for stress.  LOL  It worked!  Also walked around with my music some as well. 

Hope everyone is having a good day.  Heart   

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone,  @Laura14  I am so happy for you, and tears of relief and joy!   Yay!!!!!!

It's pouring here and only 39, so not exactly rain that will make leaves appear.  I am making chicken soup, good day for it and I did my 90 minutes of YogaBurn this morning, I still can't get a plan together where I am not doing 90 minutes, it's really to much for me, by the 2nd round of Booty Challenge I was cooked, and then did the Total Body Challenge with the band and had to that 2 rounds, and some things I had already done in the first workout... I modified and didn't care either!

Our state isn't opened up yet, and my hair really needs color LOL, but the least of my worries now.  All our summer activites we have are already cancelled, so will just have to make the best of it.  I miss my grandchildren who live here, as haven't seen them since beginning of March, and my CO family doesn't look like we will be traveling anytime soon either.  

Hope everyone is staying well, and see ya soon!!

Honored Contributor

Awwww @Laura14 so happy for you that you got flowers!  What a nice gesture and I'm sure they are beautiful.

Had a somewhat stressful day so even though I said this morning that today would be a rest day, I did do one of Adriene's stress yoga videos.  Didn't do the one listed for today but did a different one.  It was good.  Think I'll remember that one for another time when I've had a stressful day.

Hoping everyone is enjoying their evening.  One of my favorite PBS British mysteries is on tonight so about to make dinner, do some chores around the house, then a nice relaxing shower and jammies all in time to watch my show.  How much you wanna bet that I'll fall asleep on the couch half way through!  HAHA

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm getting quarantine fatigue.  Last night, I was falling asleep at 7--I saw the first half hour of Survivor and had to watch the rest this morning at 5 when I woke up.

Had 2 good workouts yesterday and will do LaBlast today again.  I encourage you to take advantage of Louis' free classes while he is offering them.  He also incorporates weights in the dances (light weights)--usually 3 or 4 songs.  Tomorrow, he is doing a kid's class again (30 minutes) so it's kind of fun.

My dance studio is going to try to open May 18--Denver extended its stay at home unti the 15th.  My biggest worry is that we're going to have to do this all again in the fall.

I was talking to my trainer yesterday.  The gym has been closed for 6 weeks.  We were given the option of paying our membership and that way, benefits could be maintained for the employees (insurance, vacation etc).  I gladly did that for the employees, many of who have become friends.  I got an email from the corporate gym office stating that they were able to maintain the benefits for May and if we wanted to do it again, they would try to meet June's requirements as well.  My trainer told me that they had been told that all full time employees are now part time employees, which means no benefits.  I told him about the email and now he's furious.  It seems very shady to me.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli   Smiley Surprised  Corporations are just wicked these days!  I wish I could say that amazes me but they must be related to my soon to be old ownership.  Cowards.

Well I am checking in to say I have done nothing yet.  LOL  I have my yoga set to happen tonight when I get home.  Last official day and I am trying to wrap up the other locations I work with before they have no one to help them.  It may be a long goodbye.  

I did walk a little bit before work today to get out some of my stress.  I just know I am going to crash this weekend with all the ups and downs.  I think the yoga routine today is for mood changes. How apropo.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, hope everyone is have a great end of month.  Our malls open tomorrow so I may get some popcorn and watch the news at 10am to see the stampede.  Hopefully, no one will show but I have a feeling people have had enough of sheltering in place.  Ours expires today.  Stay safe all!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, today I did another YogaBurn, 45 mintes worth, was supposed to do one of them for a total of 45 but did 30 instead as Tuesday it fried me, then did the Trim Core dvd, so the total for the 2 workous was 45 mintues.   I just came in from the trail walk, still snow in the woods and very muddy and swampy.

@Laura14  I'd be worried about opening malls, people don't pay attention to rules, people are stupid!   I hope you can get your yoga in tonight, you have lots on your mind too.

@DrKelli  I agree with having to do this in the Fall, please NO!!!   But it's a fine line, I don't want this disease either so will do what I have to.   

@JudyL how is Montique doing?   So sweet!   I need to get Logans tick meds, just haven't been able to get into the store yet and I want to actually read the back of them, so until they open the door I have to wait.  

I forgot today is the last day in April, guess I'll start our May thread. 

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Thursday everyone!

@Laura14 Yay......you're staying!  WooHoo!!!

@bopper My greys are showing!  Unfortunately I can't color my own hair as it has too much red in it, and would come out orangy.  Even using an ash brown at the roots and highlighted streaks would be disasterous!  I'm not really going anywhere so i can live with it for now.

I didn't feel like going on the trail, but it was a nice cloudy morning.  Ran 5.36mi/1 hour.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good evening!  I may be the last poster for April!

Did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone walk tonight.  Not with a whole lot of enthusiasm but did the best I could.  Feeling pretty tired.

Have a good evening!