Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Good morning all!

@Laura14 I hope everything works out with your job.

It was a nice weekend here.  I got some exercise in by buying mulch at Home Depot and schlepping 6 bags into my car there and then hauling it all to the back yard.  I don't know what happens to mulch, but the 14 bags I put down a couple years ago seems to have mostly disappeared.  The beds look much better now with fresh mulch.

It is free LaBlast all week, so that's what I'll be doing. The dance studio was supposed to have some things starting Saturday, but Denver extended their stay at home through May 8, so I'm  guessing that's going to be pushed back again.

I'm starting the 'splits' program today.  It's an app that is stretching geared towards being able to do  the splits by the end of it.  I'm hoping to just get more limber so that it helps with ballroom dancing.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Quick check in before I log into work.  

Peaceful Warrior Yoga this morning and I enjoyed it.  Afterwards I still felt like I wanted to do a little more so did a 15 minute segment of Yoga Burn.  Did most of it, not all of it and did it at my pace so a few of the poses were skipped.  Don't know why I am so bound and determined to do that program but I am.  Maybe I just need to do little bits at a time.

Anyway, supposed to be a nice day here so maybe at lunch I'll get a bit of a walk in.  Need to remind myself to get out of this house every day for a bit of sun and fresh air.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, was not bad here this morning, raining now.  But got in a 30 minute walk this morning after YogaBurn, I did the Booty Challenge 15 minutes, and then the TBC ( Total Body Challenge) 15 minutes with her band.  My left arm tendinitis is bad and I think it's from the band I used on Saturday, I hate to not use it but I can hardly lift my coffee mug in the left arm today and that's the only thing different I did.    @JudyL  those 15 minutes are good aren't they, I mean challenging!!

@DrKelli I often wonder what happens to the mulch, it is like it disappears.

Raining now, glad I got out earlier.

Be safe everyone, waving from my house to yours!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I"m completely annoyed with an excel spreadsheet that has been around for 12 years (before me) and is STILL incorrect.  i know it's correct from 2013 to now, but the 5 years previously are not right.  My predecessor didn't classify injuries correctly and I  didn't realize it until December of last year.  I corrected from 2013 on, but didn't realize that 2008 through 2012 were "hidden" on  the copy of the spread sheet that I had, so they weren't corrected--which I found out yesterday.

Got my hour of LaBlast in yesterday, plus an  hour of ballroom technique.  Today is just LaBlast, then an hour of rehearsal tonight.  I'm really concerned that the show case won't happen even in August.

I  turned the heat off yesterday and slept with the window open. This time of year and fall are my favorites because the window can be open and nights are just cool enough that you sleep good, but don't get cold.

Hope you  all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday!

@Laura14 Prayers and fingers crossed that you will continue your employment!  Like no one needs that drama right now!

I'm glad I did a short run the other day with Molly as my ankle was soar.  Did fine today...hot in the sun but a nice cool breeze. 5.33mi/59min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Beautiful sunny day by the Bay.  Have my windows open and a very slight breeze is coming in.  

Today did Adriene's video called creating space.  I really enjoyed it.  Almost didn't work out today because I was feeling pretty worn out but decided to anyway and so glad I did.  Actually feel better now.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally got my yoga in.  I have also completely reacquainted myself with my beloved 80s music and walking.

I walked into work and the new owner was there.  He talked about all the things I would be doing and I had a benefits enrollment form by end of day. I am still not going to believe it until I start seeing a new paycheck.  All of the past six months worth of worry and it looks like, initially at least, I will be staying.  Still not going to be comfortable for a while yet.  We will see if I last.  I really can't believe it.  This is one heck of a prank.  Bad side, the days of working from home are over.  🙁

Brace yourself for the National news.  Georgia is opening the malls and outlets Friday when the stay at home order expires at the end of the month on Thursday.  We are business as usual just about on Friday.  

If all of sudden there are 49 states, you all knew a transplanted Georgian when.  Never should have left Jersey.  😂 There is a reason Walking Dead films here.  Just sayin!  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  so glad, for now anyway, it looks like you still have your job.  Sure wish your state wasn't opening up though.  I'm so thankful that I live in CA right now.  Please take care and be safe.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Laura14 I'm glad you still have a job.  I hope the new owner does right by the employees.  As far as Georgia opening--I pray it isn't a disaster.  I have a lot of friends in Georgia and they do not agree with it at all.  I'd like to get back to my regular activities too, but having never experienced anything like this before--I don't know when it will be safe to do so.  I am interested to see what New Zealand is going to do--they crushed that curve down quickly, so it will be interesting to see how  they re-open.

Today's workout is the same as any other--LaBlast this morning and a virtual workout this afternoon.  I have to cut my deck time short today because stupid me scheduled a meeting at 1 pm.  Oh right--I'm supposed to be 'working' from home.  My company is starting to plan our return to work.  I think they should just postpone it until our office renovation is complete.

Hope you all  have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Today is a rest day for me.  Woke up feeling pretty worn out and was wondering why.  Then I realized I worked out 6 days in a row!  LOL  I"ve never done that - no wonder I'm pooped!  So, taking today off.

Looks like I"ll be working from home until June.  Wishing @Laura14  and @DrKelli  good luck as they go back to work and get ready to go back.  Its still too scary out there for me.  So glad I don't have to think about that for a while yet.

Best get my coffee and get my brain functioning so I can clock in at work soon.  Have a good day!