Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Whew!  What a day!  I"ve been on this computer all day - except for lunch - from the moment I clocked into work at 8 until I finished at 4:30.  Lord be!  LOL  Not complaining tho cuz so many people are out of work.  

At first I wasn't going to workout now but decided I could use an "end of day" yoga so have one of those and think I'll do it now before I talk myself out of it.

I know staying inside is hard but remember "you aren't stuck at home, you are safe at home" and I'm so glad of that.

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group!  I'm beginning to think that the snow is finished until next season.  Hoping, anyway, lol.

@JudyL, good for you, pushing yourself to your yoga.  I did ok yesterday but could have done better.  It's so easy to sit down theses days.

Well, as I've been saying, I don't know what workout I'm going to do but I'll do something.  I was happy to see that my health center did not debit my bank  for April but I couldn't help wondering about the last two weeks in March when they initially closed.  I'm sure they're goin to get a lot of feedback about that.  

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, Well today was a beautiful Spring day, despite my entire backyard is full of snow but I sat outside for a while and it was wonderful.   I did an hour of Yoga this morning, stacking 3 different workouts from Yoga Burn, then did a 2.5 mile walk outside.  700 exercise calories burned today.

Making chicken wraps for dinner with the left overs.  We really aren't getting take out, I'd like to but just don't know how careful the handlers are and how many are handling my order before it gets to me.

I keep saying this will go, this will go, and wait patiently.   Yes I am safe in my home, only out for grocery pick up and my outside exericse.

I pray everyday for the workers on the front lines, we need to keep practicing social distancing so these workers can care for those who need it and not to overwhem the system.

God Speed Everyone!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, here we all sit right?   I'm okay with it, if it means getting back to a normal life.   We wear a mask if we have to go into a store, but we only are going to get groceries and using the Walmart pick up.   My walks outside are not near people.

I did some jogging on the treadmill this morning, 45 minutes of listening to the oldies, then some TRX, and a little reformer.  

What have you all been doing to keep your health in check?

Honored Contributor

Got my yard work in.  I've never heard so many lawn mowers as I did today.  

The yoga routine was an hour and I am very stretched out and tuckered.  Lots of strength moves and balancing.

I have subsisted on potatoes for weeks and I am bored to tears with my food selection.  I really need to go the grocery store and stock up again but I'm not looking forward to it. All of this has totally thrown my eating habits.  

So much uncertainty with this and next week possibly being my last paycheck at work before unemployment.  I just want some normalcy back but I guess it will be awhile.

My mother is insisting on road tripping up from FL next week so there's stress over that.  I hope you are all handling it better.  I can feel my heart just racing sometimes.  

Enjoy your weekend all!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ran on Thursday with Molly....posted on the wrong thread...4.55mi/54min

Trail run today with Steve and Molly...4.35mi/51min.

Hubby and I are going to do a big shop tomorrow morning.....then let my son get stuff for us as he cashier's at Ralph's.

I've ordered face masks and hopefully they'll get here soon as I want Steve to wear when he is working.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Palm Sunday, it was sunny today but quite chilly about 40, I did do Yoga Burn on the Deck but had a terrible time seeing the screen from the sunlight and glare, got very irritated from that, but I did it.  I'm on week 3 day 1 and if you are a beginner you will find that hard, I found it hard, Soldier planks I couldn't complete them all, oh well do what you can right.

Then I walked the yard for 45 minutes, so got some good steps in.  Yesterday I had 13,000 so that was good.

Grilled burgers tonight on the deck, cleaned up the kitchen and now going to watch some TV.

We're all scared of this virus and just trying to do as we are told.  I usually pick up the groceries, and use the Walmart Pick up but that's getting hard as they don't have times and days available because they fill up so fast and I do not want to go in.   Yet the parking lot is full and familes going in, when you are only supposed to send in 1 person and if you have a child they want you to find someone to watch your child while you go in, I realize that isn't always possible but families of 5 should NOT be shopping.

This will pass, I pray it passes with the least amount of deaths because you just never know!   Be safe!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I hope you all are doing well.  We're fine.

This weekend, I concentrated on doing stair climbing.  I have a quad level house.  Coming into the house, you go up on step to the living room, three mor steps to what's supposed to be the dining room and then nine steps to the upstairs bedrooms.  Thirteen steps in all.  Yesterday, I did 15 times up and 15 times down in groups of five.  In between, I walked from bedroom to bedroom or walked in place.  About an hour's workout.  Same thing or more Saturday or Friday.  My days are running into each other since I'm inside all the time.  I might venture outside for a walk today (wearing a mask) since it's suppose to be in the sixties.  Just trying to keep busy in ways that benefit my heart and weight.

Try to stay positive everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  Well, we're getting a few nice days in a row this week, but snow is expected on Easter.  Not really unusual for that to happen.  One year we got like 18 inches.

I got a whole bunch of working out in this weekend. I did the LaBlast Line Dancing Certification on Saturday--it had 2 hours of class--one at either end of the training and  the other 4 hours were 'classroom'.  it is  a fun format and easy to learn.  Just a reminder--Louis is doing free virtual classes at lablastfitness dot com   All you have to do is register.  They are an hour long at 10:30 MT

I did go to WalMart on Saturday to get my usual 2 week (stretching to 3) supplies.  I didn't have a mask--I made one, but it doesn't stay on my ears, so I picked some fabric up to make some that I can tie.  They had an employee with a bottle  of germ squirt that he pumped into everyone's hand.  I had gloves on, so he didn't get me.  Then I had to pick up my prescription at a different store--I went in the afternoon and it was pretty deserted.  They are saying that you should absolutely not go out the next two weeks--I've got everything I need so I can definitely comply with that.

I was getting concerned about the TP issue though--I do have a huge package, but my OCD kind of took over and I ordered another huge package from Amazon.  Only it won't be delivered for 2 weeks--believe me, I'll still have some from the original package.

Hang in there everyone--we can always meet up here!  I'm thinking about giving you guys a virtual LaBlast class through Zoom.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Checking in before I clock in to work.  This morning I did a 3-mile Leslie Sansone walk.

Stayed in most of the weekend.  Did venture out for a little bit yesterday. It was rainy here all weekend and today is cool and gray.

Hope everyone is doing ok.