Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Image may contain: flower, plant, text, nature and outdoor

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Please let us be on the downhill side of this stay at home.  Although I'm willing to do it for as long as it takes so that we can all come out the other side alive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Bay Area's stay at home has now been extended until May 3.  I'm sure the rest of the State will follow suit soon.

@bopper love the April picture!  

Honored Contributor

Still waiting for my stay at home.  My employer decided they are essential (complete bs) so I am still running up and back.  I'd love to know what real home life is like.

Started my new Yoga calendar today.  Hope everyone has a great month!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

@JudyL  I think Denver is going to extend to April 30 and pretty sure that Colorado will do the same.  I don't think we have seen the worst of it yet.

Still doing LaBlast daily and I have a trainer workout via Face Time today so I'll get some weight workout in.  Haven't dragged the TG out this week, but I do need to do that for some weight work.

We're having nice weather again today so I'll be getting some deck time in.  Snow Thursday and Friday.

Glad I can come here to chat with you all!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I'm having a frustrating and irritating day.   Trying to not be a bad attitude person though as many have bigger fish to fry than I do, but that being said I can still be irritated and let things get to me.   We are having a stupid black ant problem, for the last 2 months, and they are not coming from outside, my husband thinks it's between the walls, like they were there all winter and now every morning, they are in my kitchen sink, counter, on the cabinets and I almost lost it this morning, not a good way to come into your kitchen and all you want is a cup of coffee and to sit and wake up and that's what I came out to.   Then I went for my walk and heard gun shots, and not 1 but like 12, and close to where I was.   A country road not much traveled, go figure and then some weird car on the shoulder I had to pass.   Like seriously the time I decide to go walk and never fails theres a car pulled over on the shoulder.   The gun shot almost sent me 3 feet in the air, and it was a guy in his backyard shooting at a Target.   My hubby said it's legal  where he lives.  I said well there are houses in between the walls.

Anyways I did yoga and it was hard, I did 2 back to back Yoga Burn Trim Core, and she adds in the cardio at the end.  Beginners I think would have trouble with it.

Well hubby said we need to take a ride to get out of the house, he sees I'm tense  LOL

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I so empathsize re the ants.  I had an ant infestation a few years back and it was so bad I wanted to move.  They were in everything even coming out of the light sockets. One morning I woke up and my white sink was thick black with ants, I am not exaggerating.  I couldn't even see the white of my sink and lo and behold there were 2 queens.  I could tell cuz they had wings.  I got out my spray and made sure they were dead and the ant problem went away. 

Its horrible and I so understand how you feel.  No matter how much you clean or wash your dishes, they cover everything.  I ended up putting ant traps all around the outside of the house where I thought they were coming from.  It seemed they were on the side of the house where the kitchen is.  Then I got a spray from the hardware store that was safe for inside the house and pets and I just sprayed and cleaned.  But the big change came after I put those ant traps outside the house and killed the queens.  

The gun shots must have been really scary!

I'm taking a rest day since I did two workouts yesterday.  Feeling tired and don't want to get run down.  May go for a short walk around my complex just to get some fresh air and sun.

Take care everyone and please be safe and  be well.

Respected Contributor

Good Mornig, today will be sunny and it's much needed, and a little warmer, around 40.

@JudyL yes it's so annoying, hubby said though being it was winter when I had the first of them they most likely are inside the wall hibernating, nice thought hey?   He thinks once it warms up outside they will leave so all we can do is put the ant traps in the kitchen.   I'm so totally grossed out, I am not an insect person but trying to maintain my composure during this trying time.

I'll do a gentler yoga today, yesterday was stressful in several ways, so I need a down day.  I am afraid to even pick up graceries now with all the shelter in place and scary situations but I need some things so will go tomorrow.  

I pray you are all holding your own and sheltering in place!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  We had 70 yesterday and today--snow.  It was drizzling when I was walking the dogs and by the time that I got home--the rain that had fallen on my jacket actually froze to ice!

I did a LaBlast workout yesterday plus a virtual session with my trainer.  Today is another Lablast workout. I am so glad that he is doing those classes for free and like I said--anyone is welcome to register and join.  It's free and you get an awesome hour of cardio and weight training!

I'm afraid my posts are getting dull because it is literally the same thing day after day. I check in here to make sure everyone is still doing okay and to let you know I am still okay.

Hang in there--potentially only 28 more days of the hostage situation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everybody.  I hope everyone is doing well.

I just got back from getting a few groceries.....went to two stores because both stores had this or didn't have that.  Prices vary so much.  $2.99 for eggs at the first store but $1.39 at the second store.  No tp and paper towels at first store...just a few rolls at the second store.  By the way, the second store I went to had pre-sanitized carts....I don't like that. How do I know the carts were actually sanitized?  I asked the greeter for some wipes for wiping my hands as I touched items I bought, she said they had none.   Grrrr.

For the most part, I'm still doing improvised workouts.  I'm doing half the sweating I do when I workout at my health center, though, lol.  Nope, I'm not a very disciplined person, lol.  I need group exercising around other people to stay motivated.

I'm trying to stay positive but it's really hard.  But you guys are going through the same things I am so, I don't have to explain.  Staying home under lockdown is boring but that's the only negative I'm going through so I need to shut up, lol.  This, too, shall pass.

Keep on trucking, everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)