Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Thursday, this morning I did 40 on the TG, and 40 on the Pilates rebounding.   Going to go outside for a while, last nice day this week, and then sleet/ and snow this weekend and 30's.  

Cleaned for dad yesterday, that went good.  He was actually at our camp with my Uncle so it went faster than when he's there.  

Almost out of this month, hard to believe!

Not much else on my end, be active!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning--can I say how happy I am that it is Friday!? 

Well yesterday was the last Thursday dance class.  The instructor is taking a full time job elsewhere. I am happy for her because she will get regular hours and benefits, but it ticks me off that our gym thinks that the small group who takes dance isn't as important as a large class that is the same format as almost every other class there.  I did complain about it again to the gym manager.

Today is just a short strength training session.  It's important to have some weight training in your routine to keep your bones strong and to keep your muscles strong for the support of your bones.

Kevin is doing better--he was acting like a little butt head this morning, so I think he's feeling better.  I will be so glad when this entire process is over with.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  Only a month until the first 3 day weekend of the summer!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF!!!!!!!!

Ran on the trail with Molly 2.37mi/31.45min.

She is a stinker....stops and sniffs....likes to pick up rocks.  At least she doesn't run in front of me and cut me off like she use to.  I need to work with her on the rocks....she has a couple broken teeth, so this has been an old habit.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, where ya at?

I did 40 minutes on a trail today running and walking, then stretched it all out on the reformer, some box and pole work too for abs, lots of movement today, over 14,000 steps and the wind chill is 27, and it's the end of April!

Logan got his shots yesterday and his kennel cough vaccine, the ticks have started here so needed to get his stuff for that too.  A month early, who would have thought its so cold still.

The bear is back too, for those who don't know because you haven't been in this group long enough I have a bear who comes every year, and I know it's the same bear because he has been given the name 3 Paws, one had to have been caught in a trap, well my neighbor a block over had him in her yard, he has been relocated several times and still makes his way back here, he's about 400 pounds now.  I think I have had him over 5 years now.  So any day I am waiting for my bird feeders to once again be destroyed and the steel shepherd hooks bent to no return!

Needing new walking shoes so looking to replace my Hoka's, so comfortable, not the best looking though for a size 11 foot, but they are good for the walking I do.

Have a good night, and lets see some action here ya all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, group.  Would you believe that there is a possibility of snow this afternoon.  Well, I’m gonna have to believe it to see it.  These last few days have been beautiful.

I had a great time at the volunteer luncheon yesterday!  Surprisingly (and unfortunately, lol), the food was over the top delicious.  There was a singing trio that sang there butts off.  I sat at a table where everyone was so nice and we had good conversations about our volunteer locations at the hospital and what we do.  There is a book with everyone’s names in it and one person has served close to 20,000 hours!  And a husband and wife that have served since 2012 I think it said.  Older than me (I’m guessing here) and have so much energy!  They are blessed.

Ok, back to ho hum eating and working out.  Getting reading for a Zumba kind of morning.  Hopefully, I’ll be home before the bad weather starts.  Have a good weekend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey hey, it's freezing here too, snow flurries this afternoon.   I did an hour of Pilates rebounding, and a 30 minute outside walk with Logan, super windy too, just not Spring at all here and all next week highs in the low 40's.   Stinks but what can ya do!

@Mmsfoxxie glad you had a lot of fun at your luncheon, good company and conversation along with good food, is awesome!

The Tigers/Sox game was postponed today because Chicago had snow....it's crazy this time of year, and another friend had 6 inches today.

Hoping all those in the path of bad weather are safe!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Know its been a while since I checked in.  Saw that we have a couple new posters - Welcome!  I'm more of an off and on exerciser but I do like to check in and do get encouragement from everyone else to try and keep moving.

I've been off work since Thursday.  Decided to take a few days vacation.  Its been very busy.  Thursday I had carpet cleaners and window washers come in.  The carpets so needed it and because my townhouse is above the garage I can't reach the outside of the windows.  They were so dirty!  One of the reasons that I bought this place was because of all the windows and natural light and they look so great now.  Poor Montague was not happy with all the moving of furniture for the carpet cleaning and the window washers making noise at his windows that he hid under my bed the whole time.  LOL

Then my refrigerator died.  Its not freezing nor keeping things as cold as it should be so ended up buying a new refrigerator.  Montague also had an appt at the vets on Friday and that went well. 

Today, Saturday, wasn't as busy as Thursday and Friday.  I decided to start doing my PiYo dvds again so did the intro dvd and think I'll do that one for a week just so I feel comfortable with the different moves before starting with the other dvds.  

The weather has been beautiful - sorry to those who are experiencing snow and cold still.  This morning as I was driving out of the complex, I saw 2 geese - mom and dad - walking with their 5 babies towards the golf course.  It was so cute!  

Hope everyone is doing ok.  @DrKelli  I hope that Kevin is doing better.  Know how hard it is when our fur babies aren't feeling well.  @Mmsfoxxie glad you had a good time at your luncheon.  @bopper  you sound like you're doing great.  @MickD good to see you posting again and love that you rescued your new dog.  Hopefully she's adjusting well.

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, it's sunny today but only 44 outside and 40's all week, seems really cold even for us for the beginning of May, but not a thing we can do to change it.

Hubby and I are cleaning and pitching ******, yes I said ******, I'm so sick of things I use once a year, and then say I need that, no I don't!   Even pitched Christmas decor, or in tote to bring to Good Will, I turned on the baseball now though, and sitting for a minute, ( sometimes that's a big mistake LOL)

Judy so glad to see your post and your lovely weather.  I bet you have a nice view out of your Condo though or are you directly in the City?  Poor kitty didn't like the disruptions and noise I am sure.   My windows are dirty also and they need to be done, if I do the one off the kitchen though the birds fly into it, had 2 fly into it yesterday and I have the feathers on the glass to prove it, but they weren't laying out there so they were okay, the living room one I can't do unless I am out on a ladder and that's not happening.  

Do ya all have lots of dust, it's non ending here, and I think how dirty my house is, but I clean it and it still has dust like every day, on the lamps, and window sills,  I really dislike it!   

Cleaning bathroom now, oh yippie ki yay!!!   Now where's my goggles and mask and gloves to my armpits  LOL.........

And don't forget the Barf bag!!!

No formal workout for me today, and that's okay, won't get my 10,000 either and that's also okay...need a more slow day on occasion.  

Hoping ya all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!

Molly was all over the place on the trail.  Did 2.42mi/33ish min.

@bopper I didn't know your bear has 3 paws....what a survivor!  I hate dusting too.....the dust around here is thick.....I rarely open the upstairs windows it's so bad.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good Sunday Morning!  Hope everyone is having a good day.  Its a beautiful, but cool, sunny day by the Bay.  @bopper  I don't live in the City but across the Bay.  We call it the "East Bay."  Live about 2 blocks from the Bay so am near water and get the wonderful breezes.  My windows were already dirty and then we had all those rains this winter and when the sun shone on my windows they were horribly spotted and dirty!  Hadn't had them cleaned in years so it was time.

Learning how to live out of an ice chest.  Reminding myself its like camping!  But wow, ice bags are more expensive than what you would think!  I mean, really?  Its frozen water for heavens sake!  Oh well, its just until next Saturday when the new refrig gets delivered.  Its an adventure, right?!

I'm off work until Tuesday so looking forward to a couple of quiet days - except for ice bag runs!  LOL  May do a PiYo workout today.  

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!