Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

@bopper , our lives seem to be paralleling somewhat.

My daughter-in-law in having pregnancy issues as well.  She’s overweight from the last pregnancy (my granddaughter is only about 20 months old).  She’s due in the middle of May but she has diabetes and high blood pressure issues.  Friday, it was so high that during her now weekly visit, her doctor sent her to the hospital to possibly have her C section immediately but they got her pressure down.  About a month ago my son got hurt on his job and had to have surgery on his Achilles Tendon.  Add to her going to have the baby early.....  I had offered to come to Vegas to help for a week but I got the feeling that she really didn’t want me to (she’s not a very nice girl). It’s a longer story but I’ll leave it at that.

It’s nice that you get along with your father at all.  And I can see that it’s because of you, not him.  He should thank God for you.  None of us like my father and I’m the only one that tries to help him.  When he passes away, maybe I’ll explain further.  The main thing I’m trying to say is that you have to live with yourself so keep being a good daughter.  But let him know when he says hurtful things.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper, I read what you posted today. I'm sorry you have so many worries and that your dad can be critical. I hope your son and DIL are ok, and I hope you can set aside your dad's criticisms. You are a great daughter, he's lucky to have you watching out for him.

@Mmsfoxxie , I hope your son and DIL are ok, too. 

@Laura14 , good to see you back. It sounds like you're doing well.

Hi to @@@ DrKelli and Judy

Honored Contributor

Morning, group.  Hi, @nomless.  You said things much better and with fewer words than I did, lol.

I’m expecting a great day today.  My exercise routine will be Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and maybe Zumba.  There seems to be a slight increase in membership these last few weeks.  Could it be the fear of wearing no 🧥 coats that’s bringing folks out, 😂.  It keeps me coming.

Do you guys ever open up your statements from your insurance company showing how much was paid on your behalf by them?  I don’t always open mine but I opened up one I got due to my knee injections a few weeks ago.  The charges submitted were $3072 for the drug and $280 for the procedure (doctor fee, I guess).  My supplemental insurance paid $207 and $185 of those amounts.  It’s amazing what they can charge people to be well.  If it weren’t for this health care, exercising as I do it now would be out of the question.  I pray that one day everyone can have healthcare without going to the poor house.

Have a good day all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's sunny here and in the 50's, I'm doing the Happy Dance!

Thank you nomless, you said it well.   I have to just blow it off!  @Mmsfoxxie I agree with you, we do need to have a talk, over lunch.  Are ya free?  Haha

I did aeropilates rebounding today and some light exercise, it was a day off of TG, had my hair colored too, the grey was out once again.

We have grass showing now, I'm thrilled, although we never know for sure if this is really staying or if we're getting more white stuff.

I have to make a vet appt. darn I keep forgetting to call.

Think I"ll go sit outside and get some Vit. D.

Have a great rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  $3072 for the drug?!  Are you kidding me!  What drug was it?!  Oh I so hate the pharmaceutical industry but what are we to do when we need our meds?  Don't know if it'll be in my lifetime, but I hope my daughter and other generations see Medicare for All.  This is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL , isn’t that crazy??  It’s called Synvisc One....injected into my knees.  I never looked at it as a drug but I guess it is.  I also never considered knee injections surgery.  And business is booming.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Woke up to very weather this morning but it’s temporarily stopped for now.  

Guess I’ll just have to tiptoe through it this morning because I’m not missing my Zumba class today.  I didn’t workout yesterday and since my weight is stubborn, I need to do some serious moving.

I didn’t mention it because I’m kind of embarrassed but I rejoined WW on March 31st (I had regained 20+ pounds).  The first week back I lost 6.2 lbs but last Sunday showed a weigh lost of .8.  Disappointing considering I didn’t eat too much of anything .....actually a little less.  I did wear a pair of pants yesterday that were looser so that was uplifting.

Weight loss is secondary for me, though......it’s my concern for my knees and feet.  The less weight the better.  April 25th and 26th, I will have luncheon challenges coming up and I always lose those, 😆. Oh, how I’d love one of those super fast metabolisms!

Anybody watch that show My 600 lb Life on TLC.  Omg, those poor people....to be so grotesquely obese!  Yesterday, there was a woman close to 700lbs and only 5 ft 3.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I have Zumba this morning....early.  Maybe some walking.  Have a great day everybody.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, well it's cold today and rainy and drear.   We have a wind chill of 25 right now...I'm cold!

I didn't feel like a hard workout today, just didn't sleep good and have the blas......  I did 30 minutes on my gazelle while catching up on my soap and then 10 minutes on the reformer, and that my friends is all!

The drug business is highway robbery!   And we have terrible insurance, and I think doctors think everyone has good coverage and we do not!

All the doctors I have had have all had FB pages right, and we have been FB friends too.  This gal I have now, I friended her and she deleted it.  Changed her page so I can't even see the "add friend",,,,  Whatever, I know she doesn't like me, because I question her, well I am my own health advocate aren't I?   I think she is used to people just doing exactly as she says and they don't ask questions and say No, not nowl   Too bad!   

I think I'll take some soup out of the freezer for lunch, what a great soup day...

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hey there, everybody!

Senior Cardio today with the new Friday instructor.  I have mixed feelings about him still.  But the class fits my morning schedule so I’ll hang with him.  I just don’t like the length of time he works one body part to exhaustion.  I know it’s good to do that but how long is too long.  I don’t like to have to stop before he does.  Makes me feel inadequate.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I read through what I missed yesterday since I was MIA.  @Mmsfoxxie , I've had classes that work me to muscle failure--that's a good thing!

Well, the dance class is going away as of next week.  I'm pretty disappointed in that--I think maybe the instructor quit because she isn't on the other gyms schedule after next week either.

I did not get chosen for the jury.  There was only one trial and I didn't even make it to voir dire.  I wasn't unhappy about that because one of the potential jurors that did get chosen was a real jerk.  He walked in yapping about how important his job was and how he had to be excused--they excused him right on to that jury I think. LOL!

Today is just weight training for me.  I only made it to yoga this week, so I need to get to the gym this weekend too.

Happy Easter or Passover to everyone!