Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Hi everyone!  Well, it just isn't right--yesterday was flip flops and shorts.  Today, boots and a parka.  I'm keeping a close eye on the weather and will leave work as soon as it starts snowing.  We are expecting another bomb cyclone and there is a blizzard warning in effect at noon.  I guess since I missed the first one, Mother Nature decided I needed to experience a blizzard this spring, so there you have it.  I am planning on working from home tomorrow.

I have yoga today, hopefully it isn't pouring down rain when I head down to the gym. Not much else to report--hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Morning!  Its a beautiful day by the Bay.  Sunny, clear, cool and not a rain cloud to be seen.  Wahooo!!!  I do feel bad for the rest of you tho knowing that you're getting ready for a blizzard.

I haven't worked out since last Thursday so nothing to report in that area.  Just haven't felt like it.  Wish I had all of your dedication, motivation, etc., cuz I could sure use it.  Don't know what it'll take to get me moving on a regular basis.   

Anyway, nothing new with me.  Same old stuff, just a different day.

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya all, it's sunny now before the storm comes in tonight, blizzard here also DrKelli, so now is the calm before the storm.   I got groceries this morning and just to have bare roads and knowing not for long stinks.

Judy I hear ya, finding motivation is hard, just because we manage our workouts, doesn't mean we feel like it.   Many days I'd rather sit in my chair and watch movies LOL but I guess my mind is a tad stronger and it tells me get up, because by the time I realize how long I have sat I could have had a workout in Haha..

We're going out for pizza tonight, and I'll have a beer too, yes I will!

I did 30 minutes cycling on the TG cycloTrainer and then 30 with some free weights and bands, just trying to mix it up.  I put a band around the beams in the basement and did triceps and lats, then squats with 5# weights, having a chair beneat me so I know when my bottom hit the chair I was good to go back up.  

Not much else on the hopper here, so have a good afternoon.

Respected Contributor

Well, you know it's going to be bad when the Colorado State Patrol tweets that employers should consider closing at noon and sending their employees home.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Ohh, I feel so bad for you guys in the northwest!  And other bad weather places right now.  We’re supposed to have a windy rain storm later this evening.  Thank God we should be home by then.

Dentist appointment for teeth cleaning today.  I’ll do a low level workout at home, including using my hula hoop.

Be safe @DrKelli  and @bopper in your terrible weather.  @JudyL , we all envy you with your weather, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Just checking in to let you all know that  I am safe from the latest bomb cyclone.  It didn't really start snowing until about 2 pm and it was really wet snow.  My balcony around my deck has  about 3 inches, but I think a lot of it compacted.  My driveway was awful this morning, there was a layer of ice underneath the snow, so  I had to work at chipping that away as I was shoveling. Seriously, I'm done with winter.

I am working from home, so may try to get to planet fitness later for a little workout.

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Was just surfing and I see that @Laura14 is back, safe and sound.  Yea!

Glad you’re ok, @DrKelli.  Now, off to the dentist I go.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone!

Glad to hear that Laura is back and ok.

@Mmsfoxxie  good luck at the dentist!

@DrKelli  please be careful in that weather.  Glad you are working from home today.

@bopper  are you next in line for the storm?

I had a scary thing happen to me yesterday.  I was on the down escalator at the BART station.  Its a rather long steep escalator.  Without any warning, it came to a sudden, sharp stop.  We all flew forward - luckily I was holding on to the rail because otherwise with no one in front of me and only being about 1/4 of the way down, I would have had a long way to fall.  The jerk of the sudden stop was very strong.  In trying to stop myself from falling I turned to grab the rail with my other hand and in the process twisted my torso and my right knee.  The people behind me screamed but luckily no one was hurt and no one fell on to me.  At first I felt ok but oh man, last night I started to get so sore.  Woke up in the middle of the night aching all over.  Had to get up and take something because my lower, middle, and upper back, across my chest, back of my arms and my right knee were screamin'!  They were so sore.  Still hurt today but not as bad so came into work but everything started hurting worse a while ago so took some more Tylenol.   Obviously no work out for me today.  Lesson to be learned from all this - no matter what, hold on to the rail when riding an escalator!

Take care ladies!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, here comes the storm.....just starting now...oh yippie!   We're used to it, so it's not a huge deal here and we have good plows and salt and sanders to get the job done.

I did a different workout today, used my Proform bike and found a youtube Rosalie Brown cycling workout, did that for 30, and then her 10 minute ab section.  

Watching baseball now, and in for the rest of the day, looking nasty outside now.  And 5 minutes ago we had nothing falling.

@JudyL what in the world, that's terrible!!   And it could have been even worse!!  Did it start back up or was it broken?   Geeze that's not good, I hope you are okay, yes rest today.

I'm making homemade chicken and wild rice soup for dinner, and hubby bought some homemade bakery bread, who wants to come over, bring dessert please  LOL

Have good rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  your soup and bread sound like just what I need.  I'll be right over.  I'll bring brownies for dessert!  LOL  Or maybe it should be something healthy......

I don't know what happened to the escalator.  We had to walk the rest of the way down.  Will find out tonight if its working or not.