Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper wrote:

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

Hello my friend @bopper ,

Got me a pair of Nike shoes maybe brighter than that yellow. Don't  run anymore but still get the ole heart up to max at least 3 days a week skating. Intervals have worked best for me for decades, be it skating/running/elliptical/recumbent or just walking fast and flat, or inclines on 1 of our treadmills.

Can still pick 'em up and put 'em down pretty good when ice skating. Got several 30-40 year old hockey players that say to me often "sure hope I can skate like you when I am your age". I tell 'em to never quit and they will succeed in doing so.

Always happy to see your longtime thread still going good. The more that read and get inspired the better they will be in doing so.

Take good care and stay well,

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hello!  Its a rainy day by the Bay.  We have rec'd so much rain this year and I know we've just come off years of drought but man, I will be glad when this is over!  LOL

Today was TurboJam 30 minute lower body workout.  Not much news here.  I get to clean my bathroom tonight!  Oh joy!  Dontcha' all squeal with delight now, ok?  HAHA

Have a good Tuesday!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@bopper wrote:

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

Hello my friend @bopper ,

Got me a pair of Nike shoes maybe brighter than that yellow. Don't  run anymore but still get the ole heart up to max at least 3 days a week skating. Intervals have worked best for me for decades, be it skating/running/elliptical/recumbent or just walking fast and flat, or inclines on 1 of our treadmills.

Can still pick 'em up and put 'em down pretty good when ice skating. Got several 30-40 year old hockey players that say to me often "sure hope I can skate like you when I am your age". I tell 'em to never quit and they will succeed in doing so.

Always happy to see your longtime thread still going good. The more that read and get inspired the better they will be in doing so.

Take good care and stay well,

JOhn(hckynut)

Hi John, so happy to see you post here.   Your skating has really helped you with so many things and having the younger guys comment on it says something in itself!   Movement is health!  

Yes still trying to keep this thread active, it is challenging at times though, as it's dwindled a lot but if I can just inspire 1 person to get moving it's all worth it.

I'm still using my Total Gym regularaly and love it, do Pilates reformer, and lots of walking, feeling good!  

Keep up the great activities and so happy your health is giving back to you!!!

Best Regards

Bopper

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, posting late but better late than not at all right?   Did a 50 minute brisk walk this morning and Pilates this afternoon amongst cleaning, and did take 30 minutes to sit on the deck and admire the snow  LOL....NOT!   But I did sit there in the sunshine and listen to birds and quiet.  Have some family health issues going on and I had to just breath for a while.

Looking like rain now, maybe if it rains the snow will go down more, lets hope.

Not much more here either.

Have a good night!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

I'm sorry to report I didn't get my project done last night.  Oh well, there's always tonight.  I had to drop something at the UPS store, so that put me a few minutes behind.  Then, I was JUST in time to meet the bus, so I got to see my little neighborhood friends.  The youngest one (she's 3 or 4) made something for me and she was so excited to give it to me.  It was a thank you picture for the gift I brought her from my trip.  I talked to them for a bit and then continued on my dog walk and the little boy (he's 6)  yelled, Kelli I want to give you  a hug!  So I stopped and gave him a hug and continued on my way.

I am so sore from my work out yesterday!  I'm glad I have yoga today.  I have a lot to do at work so it will be a good break.

The weather is supposed to be rainy today and then get warmer through the weekend.  I hope it doesn't rain on opening day at Coors Field.  Last year, it was like 16 degrees on opening day.

Hope you all have a terrific Wednesday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

@DrKelli, all we can do is try, right.  You get E for effort.

Yesterday was kind of disappointing.  My Flexibility instructor is on vacation so there was supposed to be a sub. I didn’t even wait around for one because usually, the sub will do a straight out yoga class and I’d have to worry about dizziness or just do what I did last time he was absent and there was a sub which was not do half of the class.  I decided to walk instead of checking out the sub.  Found out later that no sub appeared, lol.  Somebody dropped the ball.

Today is volunteer day so I might just play with my hula hoop and do stairs, something light cause tomorrow will be a heavy day.  (If all goes to plan.

@bopper, you mentioned that this thread has been here awhile..... how long has it been here?

Have a beautiful day, peeps.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies!  Posting late.  Didn't work out today but will tomorrow.  When I do workout, I find at least for now, 2 days on, 1 day off, works best for me.

Not much to report just a regular day.  We're due for more rain tomorrow through Saturday with Friday being a big storm.  Someone send me a boat please!

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday.  Looking forward to going home, having dinner, and getting in my pjs to watch my favorite British mystery show on PBS.  Anyone else watch those?  I love Midsome Murders, Father Brown, Vera, Dr. Blake,  Death in Paradise, Shetland.  Geez, didn't realize I watched so many!  LOL

@bopper  as you always say "we can only do our best" so  thats all you can expect from yourself re the not eating sugar.  Sounds to me like you are doing a great job so far.  I'm trying and it isn't easy!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  

@JudyL , I think that’s an excellent schedule to follow.  If I were working out on my own and more disciplined at home, I’d follow that plan.  Much better for the joints.

Today will probably not be a good for my joints day but my fitness center has a Just Dance day scheduled this evening (every February).  Then there is Zumba this morning.   I participated in Just Dance last year and had so much fun.  It includes health screenings with health professionals, massages, etc.  The fun part is that the instructors do not stop exercising making it more dance like.  Yep, it’s promotional but loads of fun.  Last year, I left there with over 30,000 Fitbit points.  I paid for it the next day, though....could hardly get out of bed, lol.

Thursday Zumba this morning and I can already see that I’m going to miss the warmup, lol.  Have a great day everyone. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning, heading down for TG drills with free weights, then stretching on reformer.  It's only in the 20's here, snow in the forecast for tomorrow, oh yippie!

@Mmsfoxxie gosh I bet it's been going for 20 years and I'm not kidding!  I should get an award for that!  LOL...  thank you for asking.   Hope you have a good day volunteering.  

@DrKelli get in a good stretch today, I am never sore.  That bugs me hahah, I want to be sore...

@JudyL hope the rain quits by the bay, as I hope the snow quits too.

Just finishing my coffee and going to hit it!

Happy Day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's a pretty day here in Colorado--tomorrow is opening day at Coors Field, which means there will be 100,000 plus people downtown who aren't normally here.  And they don't seem to realize that some of us WORK downtown every single day.  It is not my favorite day of the year.

Today is "Body Rock Dance" with the normal instructor (I subbed last week).  I don't really care for her personality, she acts like we're competitive dancers and that she is Abby Lee Miller trying to get us ready for competition.  Most of us have two left feet and are just in there for fun.  This will be the second time I have been in class (since I was on vacation) so we'll see if I actually like it.  After making a speech about people showing up to class to support it or we'll lose it I guess I should be there.

Hope you all have a great day!