Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

The color of those shoes would motivate me !!!  Love ...

Honored Contributor

http://www.fitforlifecoaches.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/spring-2-770x313.jpghttp://www.neccmillerton.org/images/spring_into_fitness.jpg

Respected Contributor

Welcome @Big Joanie and @meallen616 , please tell introduce yourselves and tell us your workout.  

@meallen616  you have been here before, but you don't participate in the monthly discussion, please share your daily workouts with us.   

Tomorrow we start with April, good way to begin the month on a Monday, never skip Monday!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Hope everyone got through the weekend in one piece.

I went to a memorial for a relative Saturday and was glad I decided to take the high road and go.  I knew I was going to see a few people that last saw me over 20 lbs lighter (actually over 20).  I have stayed home from functions many a time in life because of weight gain embarrassment but I couldn’t do it for this event.

So yesterday, I got on the scale and started a serious Day One.  Not to mention being embarrassed about gaining weight so fast.....my knees and feet are very unhappy 🙁.

This weekend all I did workout wise was my weighted hula hoop periodically throughout the two days.  As I said in another post, I can only do about five minutes at a time right now.

Hopefully, this afternoon I do a decent 🏋️‍♀️ workout but I have an appointment this morning to get my taxes done.  If I don’t come home and cry, that is.  Since retirement, I had to pay greedy Uncle Sam and I just hope that the new tax changes don’t make it worse for me.  I fall into that “you get no breaks” category.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy April, everyone!

It was a half and half weekend here--Saturday didn't get out of the 30s and Sunday was a little nicer.  March and April are our snowiest months, so I can't fully relax until  . . . . . JUNE!

@Mmsfoxxie , I have a weighted hula hoop too.  I haven't used it in awhile, but I remember that I liked it.

So today starts 6 months of not buying anything but necessities. (and books because I consider them necessities, although I will try to use my Kindle Unlimited membership more).  I came into my office today and threw out 2 bags of makeup, which I literally haven't touched in about 4 years.  I bagged up some old tennis shoes/dance shoes and will take them to the gym at lunch because they collect used shoes to donate.  I also packed up a rolling briefcase (which I don't use), a small backpack, which I got at a conference and another bag that I used to use as a gym bag.  I'm taking them home to  put with my donation bags.  I'll finish cleaning out my desk at work this week and getting rid of a bunch of paper.

Today is Quick Fit, which I haven't done for a very long time.  I'll probably be on the floor crying by the end of the 30 minutes.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Its been a while since I've checked in.  Don't know how it happens but before I know it the days are gone.  Don't know what I'm doing to make them go by so fast!  LOL 

Been a while since I've worked out so this morning I'm back at it and did a 30 Leslie Sansone workout.

@DrKelli  good for you for clearing out unneeded stuff.  That always feels so good.

@Mmsfoxxie glad you went even if you weren't feeling good about yourself. 

Here's to new month, new starts!

Respected Contributor

Happy Apriil Fool's Day!   Although I haven't gotten fooled yet!   This morning I did my TG for 50 minutes and 30 on the reformer.  

@Mmsfoxxie don't beat yourself up about the weight, we're all struggling with that, for me it's a constant battle, I never give up the ship but if anything I"m up in weight too.  When will I learn to accept myself for the way I am, good question... I know that negative thoughts inhibit your ability to burn calories too.   Funny how you know what you need to do but you can't seem to do it...Anyone else??

@DrKelli  cleaning out stuff is a good feeling, we are still continuing to do that here.  If I haven't used it in a year it's going.  Now when is the dumpster arriving LOL

@JudyL I'm going to walk this afternoon too, but outside.  It's only in the 30's and this dang wind, but I"m going to go for a little while anyways.  I didn't get my 10,000 in this weekend either so that bugs me.  The days go much too quickly I agree~

Just finished a chicken salad with kale, cabbage, lettuce, carrots and broccoli.  A gal I am friends with said the less ingred. the better and no fake food, which means no fake sugar, no fat, real food.  She said it's more satisfying and you don't end up craving more.  She said if you don't recognize the what's in it, neither does your body and that is a true statement.  She's really smart.  

Have a great Monday everyone, we can do this.. Hang together!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  Yesterday was a beautiful day if you like cold and sunny, lol.  It was in the upper twenties yesterday morning!  

Got out my taxes done and as expected I had to pay through the nose.  The tax preparer said that it would hurt less if I increased my withheld percentage.  Not really.  She said she was surprised that I haven’t gotten a letter from the IRS threatening to penalize me even though I pay them at the time that I get taxes done.  Well, when I get the letter, I’ll change my withholding.  What they need to do is go after these people that get away with paying next to nothing and it’s legal.

This morning I’m going to do my Body & Sculpt class, Flexibility class and maybe Zumba.  I haven’t done Tuesday Zumba in a while, though.  No sugary foods or drinks for two days....yeaaa!  Have a great day, guys

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie , good job on the cutting back on sugar.  That is my weakness--I have a real sweet tooth.

Yesterday's workout was just as bad as I thought it would be.  Today is small group and I know that won't be any better.

Tonight's project is cleaning off the ironing board.  Seriously, I've got about a two foot high pile of clean clothes, so I need to fold them and put them away, and finish putting away my clothes from last laundry day so that I will be ready for this week's laundry day.  Several years ago, I got in the habit of folding my clothes as soon as they were dry (I hang almost everything).  I have gotten out of that habit and need to start again.

I hope you all have a good day!