Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning, it's sunny now but a lot colder. 40 and not much higher for today wiht a stiff North wind.  Babysitting agian this afternoon but I love her so much.  Last night she ate dinner with us, we took a stroller walk around the neighborhood, looking at birds and doggies.  She's such a joy to have here.

Probably TG this morning, will walk with her this afternoon in her stroller.

Nomless thinking of you and your loss, sending big hugs.

Foxxie I'm with you, same old isn't a bad thing in my book.  I like the quiet life and I also am not a pill person.  I hope your bunion gets better and you don't have to go to the dr. I think last night on the news I saw a new procedure to fix bunions.

Laura disco fever hey!!!   Shake your 'groove' thang!!

MickD, still no trail here, we still have about a foot of snow on the ground.

Tony how are you doing?

Judy thinking of you also and hoping your recovery is going well.

DrKelli i saw it's snowing there, your weather sure does go up and down!

Time for another cup of coffee, enjoy the day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Another beautiful day on the horizon.

@Laura14, thata girl, make the best of that exercise class, lol.

Sounds like your schedule is as heavy as mine, lol.  But last week I over did it.  I really enjoyed it ,though and if I had last Thursday when I had that long exercise evening to do again, I'd do it. It was that much fun.

But I'm paying the piper.  I'm waiting right now this morning to call the podiatrist that my primary care doctor recommended yesterday.  Actually, this bunion had started acting up about a month or two ago so maybe Thursday had nothing to do with it.  Sunday afternoon was painful and I hadn't done anything.  

Years ago, like twenty years, I was under the care of a podiatrist and was fitted with orthotic and It helped.  I might need that again.  And I'm hoping to get a recommendation for a good cross training shoe.  Heck my insurance is gonna go up in July anyway so I might as well use it.

This morning is Body and Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba.  Love my Tuesday schedule.  Wonder why my numbers keys aren't popping up.

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Yep, we woke up to snow this morning. It does look like it is moving out though, but it proves the point that you don't put plants out or plant your garden until after Mother's Day in Colorado.  Yesterday was in the mid 70s.  Today, we're back in the 30s.  I have to drive up to Wyoming in 2 weeks, so I hope we don't have this nonsense then.

I was out at a plant yesterday, so didn't do anything.  I had lunch with girls that I've known since junior high on Sunday. That's always fun.

@Mmsfoxxie, I had bunion surgery 6 years ago this year.  I was in so much pain prior to surgery and then the 2 years post surger were pretty miserable, but now it's much better.  There is a new procedure that was on the news the other night that is much easier to recover from.

I have small group today and I'm subbing Zumba on Thursday.  I had a request for The Wobble, which is a line dance.  I had to YouTube it because I didn't know what it was. It is pretty easy, there are only 4 patterns, so it was easy to learn.  The song is over 5 minutes long, so I figure we'll do the patterns 3 times and be done with the song.  I hope it isn't an 'explicit' song.

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Lol, @DrKelli, I don't believe there are explicit lyrics but I get so caught up in doing it I might have missed something.

A lady at my fitness center was telling me that she had bunion surgery, too.  I hope that's not my prognosis. A simple orthotic please, lol.  No scaples wanted.  Besides, I don't have time for healing right now.  I wonder why the delay in healing, Dr. Kelli.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!

@Laura14. Hahaha...you're a trip!

@bopper The snow has to go!

@Mmsfoxxie I hope you get that bunion problem fixed....painful.  Hey, what part of Chicagoland do you live in?

@DrKelli, @nomless, @JudyL  waving hello!

Did 32 min trail run!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Thanks @MickD.  I'm hoping for a simple fix like an orthotic and good shoe suggestions.

I live in the far south suburbs, about four miles from Indiana with the rabbits, chipmunks, etc.  Can usually get my gas cheaper there.  Somebody spotted a fox walking towards a bank one day last week.  Glad it wasn't me.  (There's a wooded area nearby.  The deer crossing the rode sometimes is scary enough.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie It sounds like a beautiful area!  I don't think anyone likes the Chicago wildlife anymore....I heard it's really bad now......all over

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD, anything that eats the wiring out of my car parked in my driveway, I have extreme dislike for, lol.

@MickD wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie It sounds like a beautiful area!  I don't think anyone likes the Chicago wildlife anymore....I heard it's really bad now......all over

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, sunny again, and I am so thankful.  It's cold though, wind chill is in the 20's but I walked and grocery shopped.   I really don't doddle when I go into town, I get what I went for and go back home.  Our mall is almost empty now, so really no shopping here to speak of.  My husband said in the near future many many malls will be closing because of all the online shopping.  I do like malls, so I hope that doesn't happen.

foxxie we are in the country and we hear coyotes at night but I haven't seen one near my house.   We have deer though, saw on in the road on the way to town today, glad the truck in front of me saw it too.  I know exactly where they cross so I always slow down there.  I haven't seen any flocks of geese heading back North yet though, seems kind of late but then look at the weather we've had, would you want to come here  Hahaha.....my lawn is so full of sand, I can't even imagine how bad raking will be.  We need one of those rotating brushes to brush it all off and wear a mask!   We have a dirt driveway so when we snow blow and there isn't a lot of snow on the driveway the dirt must run through the shoot onto the lawn.  I so wish we could pave but thousands of dollars and not in the cards for us.  

Dr.Kelli, your weather is up and down.  My son said that too. Cold rain yesterday but at least when you get snow, you know it will be gone soon.  Do you ever hike in the mountains?   My son would like to hunt but needs to find someone who knows the area better, he doesn't know where to go.    

MickD, no kidding the snow has got to go, I'm done!!

Laura stay strong, you got this!!!

Judy, thinking of you and your recovery!

Nomless my heart is still breaking for the loss of Shadow, how is Cocoa doing without his buddy?   I didn't get my Amazon books, I stupidly sent them to my son, who I have mailed things to before and I didn't check the right box.  He's sending them to me.

Tony are you hanging around?

Waving to everyone!  Be well, Be blessed, and Be thankful!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone.

@bopper, did you get your Philosophy TSV?  Got mine this afternoon.  I'm so sorry that I did that impulse buy.  The Coconut Splash smells nothing like coconut.  The predominant scent is vanilla and I'm not crazy about anything vanilla unless I'm baking, lol.  I'm going to have to mix the body soufflé with some neutral lotion so that it doesn't overwhelm me.  I just used the shower gel and it has the vanilla smell, too but much lighter so I can stand it.  The spritz is ok.

Hula Girl is not as strong and I like it better but I don't love it.  During the presentations I'm sure that the hosts said more than once that Hula Girl and Vanilla Fig were the strongest scents.

No more buying scents online, lol.  I hope you like yours.

I went to my fitness center this morning and walked about a mile.  Then I did a Senior cardio class.  Easy morning.