Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everybody!  Oh, if only I could request yesterday's weather 365 a year!  It hit 72 in my little burb; no coat or long sleeves.   When I went to pickup my Hamilton ticket from a fellow Red Hatter, I had on my yellow Qvc capris of which I have in about five colors that I bought about eight years ago and a green Henley t-shirt which I have had for about five colors along with my Algeria sandals that are about three years old.  I thought I was simply dressed but my friend said I was cute and dressed up.  I think that when you're 70 people think you're cute if you aren't fat, limping or have really wrinkled skin.  I do have some tell tale signs if you look long enough, though.  I embrace them at this point in my life.

@tony14smoke, I had to laugh when you mentioned eating after a WW weigh in.  I weigh in on Sunday mornings and usually my Sunday dinner is unfiltered, lol.  I have the rest of the week to recover.

Yesterday I made it to the 8:15 Zumba class and I might have hurt the instructors feelings without meaning to.  At the end of the workout she asked if everybody enjoyed the workout.  I laughed and said yes and no and that I enjoyed the benefit that I got from it.  Then she said, "well, you keep coming so you must enjoy it a little".  I hope she didn't think that I didn't like her workout......I really don't care for exercising unless it's dancing.  It's difficult to explain.  I enjoy it on one level but then again, I don't.  And I miss it if I don't workout more than two days straight.

Rambling over, lol.  Senior Cardio and walking this morning.  Have a great, safe day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all--can I tell you--I'm exhausted this week.  I'm glad it's FriYAY!  Our weather took a turn--we were close to 80 yesterday and I don't even know what's going to happen today.  I saw cars with snow on them on my way in.  It was dry at my house, but there are blizzard warnings east of me.

@Mmsfoxxie, I hope you love Hamilton as much as I did.  I still listen to the soundtrack when I'm driving almost every day.

My Zumba class went great yesterday!  I think it was the best I've done since I started teaching.  Our instructor was in St. Louis at the opening of another club, so she was fine!  She posted on FB and I told her that we were all worried about her!  Another instructor from my club posted that my class was ROCKIN!  That made me feel great!

I just have weight training today, but I'm going to try to get in a little exercise this weekend.  I've got to get rid of some of this extra weight.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trail run for 30 min!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday The 13th........... hahah....it's really crummy here, they said bitterly cold Sunday and Monday.  BITTERLY!  BOOOOOOOOOO.    Over 9 inches of snow predicted on Sunday into Sunday night.  And we have about a foot on the gound now!   I know I talk about it all the time but I'm so ready for shedding the boots, coats, hats and mittens.  

Tony I am looking over your shoulder hahah...I didn't feel like it today either but I made myself, treadmill and TG.  

Foxxie your outfit sounds adorable.   I love yellow and green!   And the weigh in, I"d have my stash in my car waiting too after the weigh in.   Hahaha...

Welcome SydneyH, I bet your medicine ball workout was intense.  I haven't heard of Steve Maresca.  

Nomless bet you are glad it's the weekend!   The library isn't open on Sunday is it?

Laura, enjoy NY, are you taking in any shows or anything interesting

Judy Hi and waving, hoping your not too nervous for your surgery...We're here to keep you company while you recover.

Well better get dinner started, can't believe it's already 4:30 almost, the days go too fast.  Seems I just got up!   And I got up at 7:30 am today.

Have a nice relaxing evening!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Beautiful day here yesterday until early evening when the temperature dropped and the clouds rolled in.  It rained last night and will be for the whole weekend.  High expected which can be pretty dangerous, too.  As long as we don't get snow, I won't complain much.

@DrKelli, get some rest!  

Zumba this morning and maybe a walk.  This will be my sixth consecutive day of heavy working out, which was a goal.  Tomorrow will be a rest day.

Well, whether you're having rain or snow, find the joy in it and be safe.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, it's freezing cold here, wind chill is 8 above 0.  18-20 inches of snow coming tonight into all day tomorrow and even into Monday morning.  Can you believe this!!!  I know it's out of my control, will probably lose power, so hauled some water jugs to the basement and brought in wood for our wood heater, at lease we can stay warm.    

Just taking a rest day today, stuff around here, cooking and cleaning.  Baseball this afternoon.

Nice job Foxxie on the heavy workouts, enjoy zumba!

MickD- Trail?  What's that LOL,,,, buried never to be seen again!!  I am going over the "edge"  Hahaha

Dr.Kelli hope your Saturday is restful for you, at least you have sunshine, I'm ever so grateful when we have it!

Judy are you doing okay?

Nomless how are you doing?  Not much going on here, but that's okay too.

Laura, are you in NY now?  I think it's cold there too isn't it?

Making chicken ad spaghetti for dinner so better get my chicken going, like to simmer all afternoon.

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Late Saturday afternoon and I've been busy all day.  Lots of cleaning, errands, laundry, just trying to get things ready for Tuesday and the week after.  

Had a mini-meltdown about the surgery and started crying.  Called my daughter and she was so supportive and understanding.  

Tomorrow, Sunday, the chair, sleeping thing, etc., will all be delivered and set up.  The chair will stay set up but the thing I sleep on can be taken off the bed and the table thing is mobile too.  Its all becoming very real and scary.  

After the equipment is delivered my daughter says she is taking me out to brunch and we're going to do something fun.  She's says to heck with the house, not everything has to be done.  After all, she said, she and my sister are going to need something to do while I'm sitting in my chair! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Rainy Sunday but not too heavy.

@JudyL, thank God you have your daughters to help you! Maybe that meltdown was a good thing and now you can be a little more accepting of what is going to happen.  I'd be more concerned about that none traditional recovery than the surgery since it's over a week long.  Try to concentrate on the improvement of your eye condition in the long run.  The big picture shows you with good or better vision.

WW meeting this morning and my scale shows 128 which is a yay!  WW deducted the $44.95 charge for this month which I was surprised at since it was after the month started that I reached my goal.  Now it's free, free, free.....unless I gain 2 lbs over.  But I only have to weigh once a month unless I want to.

Have a beautiful Sunday everybody.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, we are literally buried in snow, hasn't stopped yet.  Started at 8 am this morning, and continuing throughout the night and through tomorrow.  It seriouslu looks like December here....and this too shall pass, right???

Didn't do much of anything, shoveled the deck twice, and watched some movies is about it.

Just watching it fall out the window and staying warm inside.

Peace out!

Honored Contributor

Top of the morning, ladies!  Oh, @bopper I don't want to be you yesterday....ugh....shoveling snow is not in me right now.  Not until December.  You and @DrKelli must be more north than me.  Wisconsin, just a north of me got it, too.  Let's hope that's the last of it for a while.

Yesterday afternoon, out of nowhere, on my day of rest, my right bunion started hurting so badly that walking was almost impossible.  Have no idea why.  I line danced last Sunday, walked and exercised everyday with no problem and poof.....pain.  I took ibuprofen and sat down from about 7 pm til bedtime.  This morning, pain is gone.  Weird!  Or maybe just plain old age related, lol.  

Well, I'm going to do my regular Monday routine and hope that the bunion behaves itself.  Senior Cardio and my Strength & Motion this morning but no walking.

Have a good day everyone.