Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone.  @bopper, it was me whose sister had the surgery, lol, and all went well.  Thanks everyone for asking.  

@DrKelli, my hubby had that surgery years ago before I met him for the same reason you did....cocoa cola bottle glasses.  You and he must have been one of the first to have it.  I had to lol at what you said about what some do when they find out there is a sub.  I've done it, lol.

I came home yesterday, pulled into the garage and as I got out, smelled burning rubber.  My back tired had just blown out, practically shredded.  At first I was angry knowing that I would have to buy a tire but then realized how blessed I was to get home before it happened.  I won't go into how hectic my afternoon was in calling AAA only find that my road service had expired, renewing it then finding out that I had free road service under my car warranty.  There's more to it but suffice to say that I ended up spending more more than I needed to, lol.

Normally, I don't workout on Wednesday but I think I will today.  Too poor now to buy unnecessary groceries, lol.  Not sure what my workout will be but I'm going.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  It was SO warm this morning!  When I walked outside at 5:30 to get my paper, I was shocked!  It is supposed to be 78 degrees today--finally get to open the windows!

I'm subbing again tomorrow--not sure what is happening with our regular instructor, but I will tell you right now--I have regrets about every time I bad mouthed a sub.  Won't do it again.

Yoga today--sorry, I'm kind of boring right now.  Next week, I'll spend most of the week at one of our plants because they are in the middle of their major maintenance outage and they like me onsite for a few days.

I just got the notice that my jacket has shipped--that was super quick!

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning, just got home from getting groceries, I didn't go last week so needed more than usual.  Tomorrow the snow is starting and they aren't certain the path this storm will take but please don't come here!   They were talking a foot and blowing and drifting, low visibilities though the weekend even!   Logan has a Vet appt. for his shots tomorrow afternoon, hoping it isn't bad out or I will cancel.

Making a beef stew this afternoon, will share with dad.  I like to at least make a meal or 2 for him during the week to be sure he eats well.  He does good though, he does miss driving but it's for the best.

DrKelli I heard you may reach 80 today, wow!   And we're happy if it reaches 35-40.  

foxxie sorry about the tire, I'm thankful it didn't happen driving though.   Understand the frustration too and the groceries.  Same thing here, when we have car issues which seems to be a lot lately.  

Not much news here since yesterday so will just say hi to everyone and enjoy the day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Cool day by the Bay with rain expected later.

@Mmsfoxxie  glad all went well with your sister's surgeries.  What a bummer about the car tire but yes, thankfully you were home and not driving!

Did a Leslie Sansone workout this morning but wasn't real enthusiatic doing it.  LOL  The last few days I have had low energy but wanted/needed to do something this morning to keep the momentum going since I won't be able to work out for 2-3 weeks after surgery.

Not much news.  Starting to clean the house and get things ready for my guests next week who will be taking care of me and my cat!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  It's supposed get to 70 degrees this afternoon but do a sudden dive to around 50 degrees by 6 or 7 pm.  Still good.

Gonna try for that 8:15 Zumba class this morning and that class that I'm not crazy about with the Sinatra music...I'm learning to appreciate the movements of it which is hard since the movements are slow and graceful which is hard for me.  But all movement is good right.  That instructor has been absent so far this week so maybe there will be a sub.  Last time she was absent the Zumba instructor took the class but everything she does seems to be Zumba-ish.

Have a great day everybody.  Where are ya @nomless.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  It was so beautiful here yesterday and we are supposed to have another wonderful weather day today, albeit windy.  I am subbing Zumba today, so that's what workout I will do!  They are opening a Planet Fitness about 4 blocks from my gym and I wonder how that will impact their business.  PF is MUCH cheaper, but the facility is MUCH smaller and they don't have yoga, zumba, pilates or spinning classes and no pool.  You pretty much get what you pay for.

I'm super busy at work and will be out at a plant for at least 3 days next week.  It is the one where the plant manager is such a jerk.  I'm hoping that he will keep to his regular schedule and not be there at least one of the days.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Morning Everyone!  Partly clloudy and somewhat cool by the Bay today.  Had a bit of rain last night tho.  At one point it was hitting my windows at home so hard that it startled me!  LOL

Slept in this mornig so no workout for me today.  Taking a quick break from work to say hi!  Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, we have so much snow, must have gotten 5 inches this morning, more tomorrow and much more on Sunday with high winds.  I had to shovel the deck 2 times already today.  I'm so done with winter.  Seriously if you looked out my driveway you'd think it was mid December!  Sigh.....

Did treadmill and TG this morning, cleaning and vacuuming now.  Had my Vet appt, almost cancelled because of roads but I made it.  Now I have Orange/date bread in the oven, it's that kind of day.

Nice to hear somebody has nice weather.

Hoping everyone is doing well and enjoying their week!

Regular Contributor

Hi All!

The crazy weather obviously doesn’t matter where everyone lives since everyone has some fun weather to report. We are doing ok here in Massachusetts so far-fingers crossed.

bopper- I’m with you on the pant length. I need 33 inch- I know exactly what you mean about going to Kohl’s!

mickd-I am glad that your foot is not holding you back.

Dr.kelli- you have one busy life! You teach, you are on HOA board  ( dealing with people can be so much fun!) and your job sounds very interesting. Good luck with the manager. And I hope your suit is perfect!

nomless- how are you?

Missfoxxie- I know you are active but I did not expect to hear that you line dance!

JudyL- so hoping for your surgery to be done. Waiting has to be the worst- but it will be fine!

Laura- I’m going to sure miss your life at the gym reports! I know you will figure out your direction. NYC doesn’t sound quiet but it is a change of scenery. If you ever get a job in a medical center- don’t take it personally when nurses are cranky waiting for meds. I am a pedi nurse and I can truthfully say there are cranky nurses!

There is nothing wrong with having good food after a good weigh-in! I used to have jelly beans in the spring and candy corn in the fall waiting for me in my car after a meeting!

No major workout reports-as usual. I’m motivated, then I am not- even with you peeking over at me, bopper!

Here’s to spring!

Honored Contributor

I worked out to a Steve Maresca video on YouTube using a medicine ball.  I doubt I'll be doing a lot of walking tomorrow.