Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good Monday morning, another storm tomorrow, just shoveled 7 inches Saturday.  Yesterday we did have sun but only in the lower 20's, it's 15 out now.  I keep saying and this too shall pass, Spring will come!

Judy many prayers for you in this recovery, we are all here for you!!

Tony, well we'll see if we have baseball today, i heard tomrrow and Wednesday could possibly be canceled too.

foxxie your chicken sounds good!   Is hubby's diabetis under control?  Enjoy Senior Cardio and strength!

nomless I hope you don't get snow, this isn't nice!  I want grass!

I think I"ll do the treadmill, I'm so tired of bundling up and walking and thinking I"ll slip on ice....then vacuum and dust.  Why so dusty in the winter, it seems I dust and 2 days later I see dust again.

MickD and Laura, hope you both have good days today and good weeks ahead!   

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  I made a big mistake this morning--I only wore a fleece into work because it is supposed to be mid 70s by afternoon.  Well, the wind is blowing like crazy downtown and it is COLD!!!  I hope it warms up before I walk down to the gym.

Took the dogs on 2 very long walks this weekend and found out my older dog, Lexi (the jack russell) can only do one of those walks.  She basically quit with about a half mile to go and guess who carried her for most of that.  I got an extra work out in because she weighs almost 17 pounds.

I had a very disappointing Friday.  There is a plant manager that for some reason does not like me and will not take any advice from me.  There is an OSHA recognition program called the VPP (Voluntary Protection Program) and one of our plants has already achieved Star status under this program, meaning they meet all program requirements and their injury rate is below their industry average.  Jerk Plant manager has had 3 injuries, two of which are serious in the last 4 years and their injury rate is above the industry average, so I knew they would only come in at Merit level, which means they meet the program requirements, but their rates are too high. We spent an hour on the phone with OSHA--and the OSHA rep (who has been a friend of mine since 2005 or 2006) was talking about how they only qualified at the Merit level (which I knew and have tried to tell the JPM and everyone else) and then he talked about the rate calculation and I had the realization that with the injury that occurred this year--they would not qualify at all because there was no chance they could bring their injury rate to the acceptable level in the next two years.

I went and talked to JPM's boss (who used to be my boss) and told him and he basically said, it is what it is and you need to tell him.  I called the OSHA guy to verify what I thought and it was correct.  Then I had to tell JPM and he got furious and was bellyaching about how unfair it was and we needed to use the company's statistics.  No, you can't do that, it is site based.  This guy went to one conference and was convinced that he knew everything about the program. I have worked for VPP companies since 2003 and the OSHA guy tells everyone that will listen that I know more about the program than HE does (probably not true, but I'm close).  I tried to give the JPM advice and he would not listen and one of the things I told him was that he needed to wait for a couple of years because of their injury rate, but he insisted on ramrodding that application through.  Now they cant reapply until 2022 because of their injury rate.  I have to go out there on Friday for their safety meeting and I am really not looking forward to it.

Sorry for the long post, I am trying not to let it affect my week.

Today is Quick Fit. The home opener for the Rockies is Friday and I loathe that day working downtown.  There are so many extra people who are not down here on a regular basis and it clogs up the mall shuttle and the traffic is horrendous.  I also need to practice a couple of new Zumba songs since I am subbing a completely different class next Monday.  Same gym, but a different class.

Hope you all had a good Easter/Passover!  Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie my surgery is a Vitrectomy.  The surgery is 2 weeks away and I'm already starting to get anxious.  By the day of the surgery I'm going to be a wreck.  LOL

Thank you all for your good thoughts and support.  Not sure how much computer time I will have  post-surgery but will check in when I can. 

Two weeks and counting....Ugh.

Respected Contributor

DrKelli, so frustrating that guy wouldn't listen to you. Well, you tried to tell him.....you can only do what you can do. My, it must have been difficult carrying your pup home. Good of you to lend a helping hand when needed. Even furkids have their limits, right?

Foxxie, your roast chicken sounds good. Thanks for the report about the sides. I've never tried them, probably won't given your review. I'm sorry your husband is not diligent about what he eats. So frustrating for you .I'm sure.

Bopper, you're not alone with winter weather. Here, it's in the 20s and snow is expected tonight. We won't get as much as you, but still....I thought spring was here to stay. Wrong. It sounds like it's cold in many places.

Yesterday, we went to a restaurant for Easter. I lived it up with steak and lobster and a baked potato. Bad for me, I know, but it sure tasted good. 

Honored Contributor

Top of the morning everyone.  A little drizzling out there now with possible rain later but....possible light snow tomorrow.  Oh, well, could be worse.

@nomless, eating steak and lobster once in a while is not bad.  Glad you enjoyed yourself.  @JudyL, I looked up your surgery and the recovery seems as bad as the surgery but that's because I'm squeamish.  Thank God there are good surgeons around who know what they are doing.  Good luck, again.  Now I'm reminded of the floaters in my own eyes since that was one of the options for correcting them.  @DrKelli, you have a very interesting life, lol.  Actually, you all do.  

This morning, Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and Zumba.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's collllldddd here!  The wind is blowing hard and it is just bitter.  They are expecting snow on opening day at Coors Field.  Welcome to April in Colorado (our second snowiest month).

I got a call just as I was leaving to sub Zumba last night, but I hadn't made any arrangements for my dogs and I was exhausted and didn't feel like staying downtown until 7:30 or later, so I turned it down.  I don't know if they had to cancel class or not. 

Where's @Laura14?  With all that was going on with her and not 'seeing' her for a couple of days, I hope she is okay.

I've got a busy couple of months coming up and I am looking forward to July--my next 'vacation'.

Today is small group.  Our Quick Fit instructor wasn't there yesterday and all us regulars were grumbling in the back of the room.  It wasn't a very good workout by the sub, but I think she is new.  I could have done a better job and certainly could have chosen better music. LOL

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!  Checking in real quick.  Did my walking workout and now heading to shower and then I have to leave for my Pre-Op physical.  Not sure what's involved but from working in a Dr's office years ago, I know blood tests and x-rays may be on order.

Since I didn't go to work this morning I ate breakfast, waited a bit, then worked out.  I could really notice a difference in my energy level and endurance.  Think I may have to eat a little something before I work out from now on.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone, winter is still here like you said nomless, so I won't go on about it every day when I post, it's much too long here.

Just finished watching my Tigers game, playing in 38 degree weather and drizzling out, not nice and the stadium looked almost empty of fans.

Judy good luck with your physical today, and I will be so happy when all this is behind you, I don't know how you don't get anxious, i'd be a mess!  I need to learn from you.  

Dr.Kelli I'm sorry your week isn't going too good, hopefully this passes and you can have some good days too.  Your poor pup, I had a Jack Russell before my Sheltie and he was such a stinker, I couldn't let him off least at all or he was gone, loved to run and sniff.

Made chicken noodle soup for dinner, hubby has a cold, I pray I don't get one, using my nettie pot and Airborne just to prepare myself.

Foxxie is it Spring there yet?  

Laura, have things settled down yet for you, lots of studying too right?

MickD- trails today or treadmill?

I did treadmill and Pilates reformer, too cold and windy to walk enjoyably outside.

Almost 4 already, where does the day go, I wish it would slow down.

Have a nice evening!

Honored Contributor

@tony14smoke Great memory!  My foot is still there....a little pain and stiffness off and on, but I think that is the baseline and I'll take it!

Did 30min on the trail with my son today and it was great!  I'd like to go more often.  I had lower back pain after doing a week or so of the trail.....don't want to get sciatica again....so I'm keepin track of how I feel....

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, I'm here just dealing with a lot right now. 

I am posting for @tony14smoke since I know he loves the recaps and he and the rest of you have been really kind to me.  I don't want anyone to think I am ignoring them.      

I went to the gym this morning after not sleeping very well at all.  Kind of did the motions through Pound and then on to Power.

It is Spring Break week here which means a lot of people have gone on vacation with their kids.  The Pound instructor had another moment when she bounded in at 4:30am and saw that there were a grand total of 5 of us.  I think we ended up making the 10 people she needed to make it an official class.  Gold star for her and she had another moment of pleasure.  Glad we could oblige.

The weights are still racked according to size and it's still stupid.  I was hoping someone like me without OCD would have messed them all up and put them back like they were supposed to be by now but no such luck.  Yet....

If I have a few more sleepless nights, I might walk myself up and fool around a bit.  You all know nothing.  I really shouldn't give myself ideas like this...

Adonis set up right next to me and gave me a full frontal a couple of times.  I didn't put my contacts in so I got lucky there.  While I am rearranging the weights, I might accidentally crack that mirror behind me too.  You all still know nothing.

Nudie must be at a nudist resort for the holiday.  Don't laugh.  They actually have one in the GA mountains.  I just found that out because I was looking for a place to go next weekend and Google has it right on the map.  I wonder if she's a regular.  I won't find out because I decided to pass.  NYC is more my speed and it misses me too.

Mrs. Rudeness is still bothering someone else.  No Uncle Vinny either.  It was a quiet morning today but there is always Thursday.

@MickD  Congrats on the runs!  I keep meaning to get back out to my nature trails.  I noticed they are doing work on them but I'm not sure which ones.  I will be getting out there shortly I hope.

@JudyL  I understand your nerves but just think you'll be on the other side in the same amount of time you have to worry.  It will be okay.  Heart

@DrKelli  I am so sorry you are having a bad work experience.  I hate it when people don't listen to experts.  Just a whole lot of stress and embarrassment and nonsense to put up with that is so unnecessary.  Let the countdown to vacation #2 begin.

@bopper  I am deciding on which paper bag to use for my baseball team this year.  The Phillies could not be any more pathetic.  At least I have the Superbowl.       

@nomless and @Mmsfoxxie  I hope you warm up soon.  Good to know about QVC food.  I am always tempted and then always decide not to.  Although the steak and lobster for the holiday, hello! Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is having a great week!