Esteemed Contributor

WATERPIKS ~ ANY RECOMMENDATIONS??

Having never used one, I have no experience with these.  I noticed online that there are many makes and models.  Does anyone have one they really like that they can suggest?  OR is one as good as another?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: WATERPIKS ~ ANY RECOMMENDATIONS??

[ Edited ]

I use the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.  I've been using a Waterpik for years and love it.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Long ago when I had braces I used one.  Now my dentist says to just floss and use an electric toothbrush.  He maintains that more plaque is removed this way.  Which is the name of the game after all.

Honored Contributor

Waterpik and Sonic Tooth Brush: Different tools are both important for maintaining hygiene and gum care. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Long ago when I had braces I used one.  Now my dentist says to just floss and use an electric toothbrush.  He maintains that more plaque is removed this way.  Which is the name of the game after all.

Every dentist I've had, has said the same.

Electric toothbrush and floss. Maybe, they don't feel it's worth the extra expense for the Pik.

But, I think if you enjoy using a Waterpik, why not? As long as you do something. I think the jury's still out on which (if either) is more effective. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't recommend the cordless/rechargable.  

IMO the force behind it was wimpy and the entire unit didn't last long before it had to be thrown away.

Trusted Contributor

Well my dental office recommends a waterpik.  The dental hygentist suggested going to Costco and getting the one that comes with a travel size.  She said the travel size is actually the perfect size, and uses that every day instead of the standard one.

Respected Contributor

I think they all are probably basically the same.  I’ve used one for 4 years....just went for a cleaning (first in 4 years)...and hygienist and dentist both said my teeth and gums were great, and keep doing what I’m doing.

Electric toothbrush In the morning, brushing, floss and  Waterpik at night.  The dentist said he always recommends a Waterpik to his patients.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

I use the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.  I've been using a Waterpik for years and love it.  Hope this helps.

This is the one I currently have and I don't have any complaints at all.  One of the things I liked was that it came in black (other colors too, IIRC) and it's a bit more compact than my last one.

I think a Waterpik is a very important part of the regimen.  You can floss or use the proxabrush, or whatever, until the cows come home - but then use the Waterpik and you will see why it matters.  That's only one reason, obviously.

My previous one I thought might have been dying on me so I lucked out one day when I opened my emails and the 'daily deals' one from Amazon showed this unit in black and I was jazzed, as I'd never seen them in any color other than white.   Got a deal and got something great.  win-win  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

We have the handheld Waterpik.  Dentist recommended it and our last three check ups have been excellent.  We are pleased with the results and it is super easy to use.