Valued Contributor

Re: Voltaren Gel Now OTC-Costco

@ HLP, since your comments were not about the gel, maybe consider deleting or editing your posts? That way misinformation won’t be out there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was at Costco today & bought a package.  It's $35.99 in my warehouse (Tucson)  The large tubes are huge & even the smaller one is good sized. good thing it's good until 2023!

ETA: I had to ask the pharmacist where it was located, thinking it would probably be behind the counter, but it was out in the regular aisle with the OTC pain stuff.  I used a little dab on my achey, creaky knee & it really helped.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Kachina624, Thank you for your warning.  Too many of us think that anything sold OTC is less potent and “safe.”  I hope your kidney function is now normal.  

@PamfromCT 

Kachina said that she was taking the pill form. That has never been available OTC. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

We got it today at Costco, and I immediately used it on my right knee.  It worked so fast that it is scary.  Also, reading what you cannot use it for is even scarier.  While my pain has subsided, DH needed it for his hip and the directions say not to use it there.  The side effects also scare me, so I will use it sparingly and forget the 5-mile walks for a while. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

Has anyone used BioFreeze and compared them.  I use BioFreeze and it works well and wonder if the Voltaren Gel would be better.  I do take 2 Aleve a day but if this worked I could discontinue the Aleve.  Also does Voltaren have a smell to it?

Respected Contributor

BioFreeze did absolutely nothing for me and I didn't like the sensation of all the Menthol and Camphor on my skin.

Voltaren Gel really hepled and I am so glad o hear that it is now OTC!

Honored Contributor

I suggested to my DH that he try this, after reading about the possible side effects, he said NO WAY!! We use and like Stopain roll on or Bio Freeze. 

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I noticed in the magazine that Costco sends out that they now sell Voltaren Gel in the Rx strength as an OTC med, in a 3 pack.  It's $37.99 on Costco's site & may be less if bought in the warehouse:

I've been using Voltaren for several years through a prescription, so imagine my surprise when I recently saw it OTC at Costco. Loving the new easy open cap, too.  

Esteemed Contributor

From the Voltarent Gel instruction leaflet:

Voltaren Arthritis Pain may take up to 7 days to work for your arthritis pain; it is not for immediate relief. With 4 times a day use, you may start to feel relief within a few days. You should feel significant pain relief within 7 days of continuous use."

To ensure appropriate dosage, you use the dosage card enclosed. It can be used only on knee, elbow, wrist, ankle, hand and foot and no more than 2 areas at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.