Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

How abou checking with a qualified health care professional?  They have far more knowledge and can profice better guidance than anonymous strangers on a shopping channel disussion board who have no training at all (doing Google searches does not count).

I disagree with this.  

I will continue to come here on this forum and others for recommendations.  

Trusted Contributor

I love Andrew Lessman's Essential 1.  Capsules that aren't hard, but in powder form in a gelatin capsule, no fillers, no coloring.  Doesn't upset the stomach.  His products are excellent and worth the money.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

How abou checking with a qualified health care professional?  They have far more knowledge and can profice better guidance than anonymous strangers on a shopping channel disussion board who have no training at all (doing Google searches does not count).

@KYToby   Few if any "qualified health care professionals" know anything about taking vitamins  let alone brands of vitamins.  Most doctors get about six hours of training on natural supplements and vitamins.  Doctors have no training to speak of and strangers on this board would be  much better guidance to helping with a supplement question.  Oh, and for your info, doctors use Google all the time!  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

I disagree with this.  

I will continue to come here on this forum and others for recommendations.  

@Sunshine Kate  I agree whole heartedly.  As far as asking a doctor, unless they are in a preventive type clinic setting, they are most likely going to tell you that if you eat a balanced diet, you don't need vitamins......what a crock.  I feel for the people on cholesterol lowering drugs that aren't taking CoQ10.  Most cardiologists are never going to tell their patients about that slip up in pharmacology.

I use Andrew Lessman's multivitamin PLUS I take many, many more supplements.  I go to a preventive clinic, plus I read all the time about alternative choices. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

What happened to Nature's Code? I used to take those a few years back and they were the only vitamins where I actually felt a difference.

Honored Contributor

I take the Centrum One A Day vit/mineral supp. I usually buy the Walmart equivalent, called Equate brand.

Honored Contributor

Most docs know very little about supplements, unless they are also homeopathic trained as well. You can always read Dr Andrew Weil's site, he is trained in both.

Trusted Contributor

thanks everyone, i'm leaning towards the twin lab ones, i'll let you know how i make out on them!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why people here don't like QVC's Natures Code?  I have been taking them for many years.  They come in a clear capsule powdered form now and don't upset my stomach which is quite sensitive.

Respected Contributor

Of all the multi vitamins I've tried, I like Andrew Lessman's Essential 1 with Vitamin D.  I can take it in the morning, on an empty stomach and it doesn't bother me.  I also like that I don't have to take a separate Vitamin D tablet.