Contributor

I take AL vitamins and wonder if anyone is ever concerned about the total %DV when your choices are entered into the vitamin calculator on his ProCap website. I take four of his supplements (as directed) and highest amount is 4000 %DV for the B12. I love his products and when I call CS they are very helpful and assure me that there is no problem the total %DV when combining any of his products. Does anyone else think maybe this is to high of a DV%

I have searched the internet for a quality vitamins without all the extra a-b-c-d & whatever added. I have also search the passed forums to get some idea.

I do not understand why you would take 4000%DV of a product if 100% is all that you body needs. Your paying for more than is actually absorbed.

Could you please tell me what brands you use.

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

I like watching/listening to Lessman in order to glean whatever knowledge he can impart, but then I go to Vitacost and look for a comparable product in capsule form. Most of the time I've been successful. The one I can't match to my satisfaction is the Healthy Hair Skin and Nails so I have to get that one from him. I have also done the research to find RDI's of certain vitamins/minerals and try not to double up by taking things that contain common ingredients. It takes some work and calculating, but it can be done.

Contributor

Hi JeanLouiseFinch,

Thank you for your response. I have been on the Vitacost website and will check it out again. Andrews Today's Special on July 13 will be Hair Skin & Nails W/EGCG. I called a CS with ProCapLabs and she said he just likes to add something different to the existing products during the specials. I can not take anything wit EGCG in it. She said she was not sure if they would offer the regular formula during that time. If they do I can at least take advantage of the free shipping.

I do check the ingredients very carefully, it's just difficult to know who has a good supplement & which ones are a waste of money.

Thank you again for your time.

Honored Contributor

I had the same question as you. I take the Women's Complete 100 Max, CoQ10, TruQ10, Cholestacare and Fibermucil. The CoQ10 comes with a bottle of B Complex and I wasn't sure if I should take the extra B since I was already getting the B in the Multi.

In reading Andrew's blog, he lists the total amount of CoQ10 and TruQ10 that he takes and the B complex that he takes, which I think is what is in my Women's Complete 100 Max. I forget what it is now, but you can google it. Since the CoQ10 comes with B Complex and it is the same amount as in the Women's Complete 100 Max, I just throw out the bottle of B Complex.

I would do some key word searches on his blogs and I am sure you will find the answer you need.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

No, I'm not worried about it at all. The recommended DV amounts are not for optimal health. I'm confident that AL knows what he is doing. He has addressed this before & you might find info explaining it on his blog. I'm not sure.

That said, I no longer take multivitamins because I find it makes more sense to concentrate on supplementing specific nutrients I need in correct amounts for me. Multis just toss in a bunch of stuff and, while they may be good ingredients, they are not necessarily what my body really needs or the amounts I need.

Respected Contributor
I dont know what to think about his stuff. I have about 4 of his vitamins and I got a little weary as to what I was taking. So right now I am taking his multi and the d. Once I am done with the multi, I will start taking the others. After I am done with all the vitamins, the only thing I would reorder is the d, I think. If I replace the multi it may be with another brand. I dont believe in mega doses and Andrew just loves them. I do like though that he does use good ingredients with no fillers.
Contributor

Thank you for your replies. I do know Andrew knows what he is doing and love when he is on HSN. I sometimes just second guess my decision. He did have information about additional amount is different supplements on his blog at the end of last year. He also address this subject during one of his presentation. I remember he stated how many vitamins he took. I'm 65 and in good health however do not eat has well as I use to. I thought maybe as I got older my body does not absorb the vitamins as fast as a younger person. I did feel that taking the vitamins would supplement what I was not getting from a proper diet. I have been taking HSN, Astazanthin, Mag & Cal & Essential 1.

I just start thinking maybe the total amounts where high when he had the %DV right on the calculator page. I was just wondering if someone else had though that also.

I love Andrew's products and his customer service reps are the best.

I do appreciate everyone's time.

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

It is ridiculous to take such a high amount of anything - it is lost in your urine. Your body can't absorb that much- let alone store it.

Regular Contributor

I printed out the calculation page of all the products I take. My doctor was able to review and give them his blessing.

Honored Contributor
On 6/26/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I had the same question as you. I take the Women's Complete 100 Max, CoQ10, TruQ10, Cholestacare and Fibermucil. The CoQ10 comes with a bottle of B Complex and I wasn't sure if I should take the extra B since I was already getting the B in the Multi.

In reading Andrew's blog, he lists the total amount of CoQ10 and TruQ10 that he takes and the B complex that he takes, which I think is what is in my Women's Complete 100 Max. I forget what it is now, but you can google it. Since the CoQ10 comes with B Complex and it is the same amount as in the Women's Complete 100 Max, I just throw out the bottle of B Complex.

I would do some key word searches on his blogs and I am sure you will find the answer you need.

I take a lot of his products too. I was taking his Women's Complete & switched to his Essential One Multi. He will also have it as a TS in July.