Respected Contributor

Vitamin Storage

[ Edited ]

I have a question & asking for suggestions.... (This probably will seem dumb to some)...

I'm OCD about storage of things. I like everything to be in same size containers. Here's my ?..... Do vitamins need to be stored in the dark colored bottles? If not, suggestions for storage?

(All vitamin bottles are not created equal, lol).

Honored Contributor

In one corner of my kitchen counter I have a place where I place my bottles of supps right on top of the counter. But here's the good part...I bought a toaster cover and use that to conceal and protect (from light) my stuff plus no one knows what's under there. They think there's a toaster over in the corner.Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

In one corner of my kitchen counter I have a place where I place my bottles of supps right on top of the counter. But here's the good part...I bought a toaster cover and use that to conceal and protect (from light) my stuff plus no one knows what's under there. They think there's a toaster over in the corner.Woman LOL 

Keep mine in a top dresser drawer, lying down on their backs so I can read labels quickly.

I hear it’s dark in there. 😉

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Keep mine in a top dresser drawer, lying down on their backs so I can read labels quickly.

I hear it’s dark in there. 😉

If I'm lying on my back I would like it dark, too....LOL!Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

@Drythe 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee and @Drythe those are good ideas.  I currently have mine in an insulated tote (square shape).  Like both your ideas.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

All meds and vitamins need to be stored in a cool, dry location.

You could use a decorative wooden box on your counter top.

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight 

Only vitamin I take is D3. I do so because I need it to keep those levels from dropping too low. 

I take several prescriptions and I leave them in the bottles in which I received them. Almost all of them are kept on an inside wall(where the temperature effects them less).

Not being OCD, best I can do for ya.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)