Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach    I tried one of his formulas once too.  It may have been hair and nails improvement.  It upset my stomach so badly I had to quit taking it and pitched the rest of the bottle.  Never have I had that happen before. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I take Centrum Silver for Women.  My endocrinologist told me to take that because it's easy to digest.  

Honored Contributor

For a general multi with iron, I agree Centrum is a good choice. Read the label and ask your doctor's nurse if the iron amount matches what the doctor wants you to take.

Regular Contributor

Natures Way ALIVE multi vitamin for women under 50 includes iron. Also contains fruits & vegetables. Well researched & trusted brand. Most multi vitamins that are for women over 50 remove iron. So be sure to read the label. I live a vegan lifestyle, take Alive vitamins with iron & my levels remain in good range. Good health to you. Hugs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamin Needed

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg @The elevated hematcrit level just happened to me too. I'm going back for retesting because I might have been dehydrated at the time of the test and this can affect the numbers. I'm looking for a multivitamin for women over 55 without iron. I had not taken one of my Centrum Silver for Women Over 55 in over a week before testing. I only take the vitamin about once a week, sometimes twice and sometimes not at all. I'm very glad I took a blood test when I was in the office last week. I had only intended to visit to get a prescription renewed. The doctor suggested I get the blood test while I was there. 

Trusted Contributor

I take the Kirkland brand ( Costco) version of Centrum SIlver for women. It comes in a bottle of 400 so I only have to buy it once a year or so. 

Trusted Contributor

@89135 wrote:

My Opinion You should definitely ask your doctor what she recommends....You dont want to take too much or too little....She should of mentioned a few I would think. 

I agree.  Especially about how much Iron to take.