Honored Contributor

During the midnight, Andrew Lessman shared some information on Vitamin K2-MK7 which, to the best of my ability, I've shared below. -- bebe Smiley Happy

________

Vitamin K2-MK7 

Vitamin K-2 and Ultra-High Activity MK-7 Complex for Optimum Support of Bones, Skeleton and Calcium Utilization.

If you're supplementing calcium, you should always supplement calcium with magnesium. If you're supplementing calcium and magnesium, You need to make sure you have healthy vitamin D levels or you're essentially wasting your time because you can't absorb the calcium without the vitamin D. 

But if you want the calcium go to all of the places it should go – and calcium should go to important places – then we don't want calcium to be settling in the walls of our arteries. We want calcium to be going to our skeleton. Calcium is also an important part of how muscles contract, also a component of our nervous system. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamin K2-MK7

[ Edited ]

Vitamin K2-MK7 (cont.)

Vitamin K2/MK7 is kind of like the calcium traffic cop. It polices the calcium – of course it does this in its normal biochemistry – and it manages the calcium in our body in such a fashion that it goes to where it's supposed to go (in terms of our bones) and it doesn't go to where it's not supposed to go (in terms of our arteries). 

The recent research on vitamin K2/MK7 has gotten Andrew Moran and more excited about the product. He was always excited about the product which is why they originally offered it as a supplement, but now the research is even more exciting.

Unfortunately, much like vitamin D, vitamin K2/MK7 is not readily available from our diet unless you live in Japan and you were eating natto which which is a fermented soy food (it’s fermented tofu). Vitamin K2/MK7 is a natural part of our calcium and vitamin D equation. It make sure the calcium goes where it's supposed to go, benefiting you there and not causing any other issues.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vitamin K2-MK7 (cont.)

If you are taking Anti-Clotting Medications

If you're taking something like warfarin or Coumadin or any of the other anti-clotting drugs, Andrew really believes that if you're taking those drugs doctors need to be more enlightened and responsible in managing vitamin K levels, and just not say avoid all vitamin K. Andrew thinks that when you get that low-level background it actually becomes easier to manage in the future, but this is a conversation you need to have with your doctor. Talk to your doctor if you're taking anti-clotting medication.

________

________

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

Vitamin K2-MK7 (cont.)

If you are taking Anti-Clotting Medications

If you're taking something like warfarin or Coumadin or any of the other anti-clotting drugs, Andrew really believes that if you're taking those drugs doctors need to be more enlightened and responsible in managing vitamin K levels, and just not say avoid all vitamin K. Andrew thinks that when you get that low-level background it actually becomes easier to manage in the future, but this is a conversation you need to have with your doctor. Talk to your doctor if you're taking anti-clotting medication.

________

________

I agree. This is important. I had to take Warfarin for a while & I was lucky that I was given sort of current info. Of course, I then researched it to death. At no time was I avoiding foods with vtamin K. 

Respected Contributor

@bebe77

Thanks for the information regarding K2-M7.  I ordered the 180 size today along with the 600+500 TS bundle.  

The label for his K2 says take one capsule per day (50 mcg), so I guess this would be a 1/2 year supply (the 180 size). This will be a new supplement to add to my daily regime.

In the past, I have had to go in (at least twice) for a second mammogram reading due to calcification in the dense breast tissue.  I wonder if this had something to do with the calcium deposits?  

Swanson's vitamins has BOGO right now on K2-Mk7, but it is a ultimate strength formula.  I tend to trust that Andrew has the best ratio and daily dose so I ordered his.  It is backordered until Nov. 11.