Respected Contributor

Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides-with HAVC??

I'm a bit confused...I've been purchasing Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides from Costco for a while now - but have just discovered that the one they sell doesn't contain something called ''Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C  (HAVC).  I read on a site that the only place you can get that combination is at Amazon and also their website. 

'' Our single ingredient Collagen Peptides are sold at retail stores nation wide such as Target, Costco, Walgreens, etc. Our Collagen Peptides with hyaluronic acid and vitamin c are sold exclusively on our website and Amazon.''

Who knew I was missing out !!!  A bit confusing...I'd like to know if anyone else is aware of the missing ingredients at Costco (etc) - or if for some reason you prefer not to have HAVC in your Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.  Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides-with HAVC??

Thank you for pointing that out.  I only purchase the Vital Protiens at Costco because of the cost savings. 

Respected Contributor

@Suneshine   You are so welcome !  I also purchase it @ Costco because of cost savings - but since it appears that I've been 'missing out' on the HAVC, I'm going to start purchasing it from Amazon to get the full benefits.....live and learn !

Honored Contributor

I take Andrew Lessman's Marine and Free Range Collagen Peptides with MSM specifically for joint and tendon issues.  Many have noticed (as have I also) that my skin is smoother and  more radiant now so I can't see where the addition of HAVC matters at least for me.  My 85 yr old neighbor started taking what I am and her skin is also smoother and radiant.  My knee cartilage has increased significantly.

I cannot speak for the other brands but I am happy with the results I am getting. 

Honored Contributor

Went to HSN to check out Andrew Lessman's collagen powder and its on sale.  When comparing price per serving, Andrew Lessman's was a much better deal.  Granted it doesn't have the HA or Vit C in it, but I get those from other sources so I was ok with that.  Usually I buy the Vital Proteins, 28 serving tub, and I'm almost out but decided at least for this time, to get Andrew's 60 serving option.  I also only use one scoop a day so Andrew's will last me 2 months.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The amounts of HA and VC contained in that Vital Proteins supp is not enough to make any significant difference. If anything, the small amount of VC would increase absorption of the peptides by aiding gut digestion provided by the VC.  The amount of HA needs to be somewhere around 120mg per dose for it to do anything of significance.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the missing HA or VC. It appears to me to be there mostly as a selling point. Those two ingredients aren't necessary for the peptides to 'work'.