Trusted Contributor

Vintage ads that speak volumes

Can these vintage ads work today?

vintage ad 2.jpgvintage ad.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage ads that speak volumes

What makes you think they worked back then?

Respected Contributor

Who remembers “AYDS””???!!!!

Honored Contributor

I do , "diet candy " LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I remember taking Wate-on banana flavored tablets in the late 60s because I was so skinny and had no figure. Talk about memories! I don’t need them now thank you very much!!

Honored Contributor

When I was around 19 or so I was skinny and stick straight - just like a little girl. No womanly curves at all. And very very irregular periods. My Mom took me to her gyne and he put me on birth control pills for the irregular periods. Boy did the extra hormones ever make me fill out. I grew breasts and hips and got a tiny little waistline almost overnight.  I guess I needed a hormone boost to get me going. Looking at pictures of me at 18 or 19 then at 20, 21 you'd never believe it was the same girl.I got married when I was 20 so I stayed on BCP until he passed away when I was 30. I wonder what would have happened if I'd stopped taking them?

Respected Contributor

A little different take on this.  Back in the early 70's, a new pill came out.  Get Tan without the Sun.  So, like idiots, my Mom & I tried it.  We turned Orange, from all the carrotine in the pill.  I thought it was funny, but my poor Prim & Proper Mother would not leave the house for a week.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

LOL. The model in the Wate On advertisement is wearing the same bathing suit as my first Barbie Doll.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Mothertrucker-

Haha-I do!

My sister and I tried it way way back when, and they were so good, we had a hard time not eating the whole box lol!

Chocolate and caramel-yum!

Then there were those diet bars-I forget what they were called. They tasted like those chocolate wafer cookies (also forget what they are called!Woman LOL) and were so good!Too good!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Mothertrucker-

Haha-I do!

My sister and I tried it way way back when, and they were so good, we had a hard time not eating the whole box lol!

Chocolate and caramel-yum!

Then there were those diet bars-I forget what they were called. They tasted like those chocolate wafer cookies (also forget what they are called!Woman LOL) and were so good!Too good!

@on the bay..Metrecal cookies? I remember eating them as a child.