Super Contributor

Vibration plate platform for improved circulation

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: Vibration plate platform

@homedecorator.  I nearly fell out laughing when I first saw this machine recently.  It immediately reminded me of this machine, popular in the '50s.  It was proven to be a worthless piece of junk as you can't "jiggle" fat away.  I imagine the Twenty First Century version is about the same.

20200117_165446.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Vibration plate platform

[ Edited ]

My fitness center has a couple of the vibration machines.

Shakes the teeth out of my head!

Stretching w/ a strap & good 'ole foam rolling? Just fine w/ me. 

Just so we're on the same page....this is what I'm referring to:

E4E89FFB-F265-47DA-A343-0B270F112E68.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Vibration plate platform for improved circulation

[ Edited ]

My gifted chiro has these (along with weights/rebounders/other equipment for use while waiting for appointments).  The vibrator plates don't look like these pictures.  You stand/sit on it but there is nothing to hold onto.  Great for circulation/lymph/bone...I use it every visit.  They were selling these at Costco about a year ago....pricey!

Honored Contributor

Both the Q and HSN has them. I've seen them presented a few times. Looks interesting.

Respected Contributor

Tony Little has one he sells on HSN - it's a super high quality piece of machinery.

Not the flimsy junk Q has, I have his - husband bought the Qs and sold it to his nephew (it was not a good piecce of equipment) Tony Little has good stuff and his vibration machine is a concaved platform; offering a wider range of challenge and better results.

Though, I must admit... it DID remind me of the 50s stuff as well!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

A version has been used on long space missions to help with bone loss due to prolonged weightless. It has been suggested that it could help us earthlings with bone loss.

Super Contributor

I've seen them in the gym and chiropractor's office, they are supposed to be beneficial for circulation and bone density. I'm not sure about QVC or HSN models, was curious if anyone owned a home model. I am not sure if they're as effective.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecorator   Considering a Power Plate for home use....will incorporate exercise on the machine.

@homedecorator wrote:

I've seen them in the gym and chiropractor's office, they are supposed to be beneficial for circulation and bone density. I'm not sure about QVC or HSN models, was curious if anyone owned a home model. I am not sure if they're as effective.

Regular Contributor

I have vascular problems in both feet & legs as well as neuropathy so I'd be interested in any equipment that might improve circulation.  I'm guessing, however, if it was simple, these types of equipment would be commonly recommended by doctors & physical therapists.