Honored Contributor

Re: Vertigo 8/10/2018 🌪

@HLP@Kachina624@patbz@qbetzforreal@Q4u

Thanks for the moral support!

After seeing the MD yesterday and taking meclazine and anti-nausea (generic zofran) yesterday, I am happy to report that the vertigo is practically gone!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1, My sister and BIL brought this to my attention.

Carol Foster, MD  on YouTube.  I haven't had it since.  (Vertigo, sick, etc.)  I do it about once a month to keep the Vertigo away, my sister does it too.  Works for her too.

Honored Contributor

I had it once about two years ago and it lasted a little more than a week.  I never went to the doctor so I can't comment on that.

It was a mild case but very unsettling and upsetting while it was happening!  I drank ginger tea, ginger ale and ate some ginger (ginger is supposed to be good for nausea).  It went away on its own.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I will look Carol Foster up...thanks! My doctor mentioned that if the v didn’t go away, I could private pay a PT to do a head movement with me! She said MEDICARE won’t pay! lol. That head movement is very well established as a treatment now and I know an explanation is available. Thank you for mentioning that a you use the video for prevention.

Today the problem is nearly gone!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I've had this off and on for the last 15 years..It is Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) - where the crystals in your ears get dislodged.  Diagnosed by watching your eyes flutter back and forth when you have it.   They tried all the maneuvers on me - and it made me feel worse. I vomitted at the doctor's office when they tried it.  

I even bought this little baseball cap gizmo to do it on my own and it didn't help.

So now - when I have it - I take a Meclizine and just take it easy. I never lay down flat on my back,  try not to look up for very long.  I just live with it.