Honored Contributor

I am having this! 🚨 searched here and will read

going to the doctor this morning

Copying and pasting previous discussion of another poster from the forum here

What has worked for you? Thanking you in advance.💗

“I think i am experiencing vertigo (spinning room, sweating, nausea) and i am going to the Dr to get it checked out. My question is for those who have experienced this. What can i expect at the Dr's appointment. what type of testing might they do?“

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/WEATHER-PRESSURE-DROP-AND-VERTIGO/m-p/3064988/highlight/true#M...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There really isn't any testing, at least my doctor didn't recommend any.  She said the most effective treatment is the Epley Maneuver which you can get the directions for on line.  She gave me a prescription for some pills but didn't seem to think they were very effective so I never filled it.  It went away in a couple of days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Vertigo is usually caused by crystals in the inner ear moving out of their normal position. A physical therapist trained in this can use the epley manuver to get them back in place. They can also show you exercises to do at home if it happes again. Some exercises are online. I have suffered from BPPV Benign Positional Proxamal Vertigo for years. Somtimes it happens with the slightest movement of the head. Pill will NOT work. They only make you sleepy but won't put the crystals back to where they should be. Good luck. Most primary docs don't understand this. An ENT ear, nose, throat will have a better grasp of this.

Trusted Contributor

I've experienced this once in a while over the years.  The first time I got up to go to the bathroom and literally had to crawl back to bed. Hubby took me to the Dr. And he gave me benadryl.  The next time I took a pain reliever and it went away.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2@missy mouse@Kachina624

Thank you for your input.

The doctor said that the rx’s (anti-nausea and other is called meclazine). She wanted me to explain how it felt so she would be sure.

Not dangerous unless it worsens

Lasts about 7 days

Meds will make me 😴 

I WISH SHE WOULD HAVE RX’D SOMETHING FOR CRANKINESS! 👺

Vertigo is making me cranky... haha I can;t think properly

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have had it on and off ffor years and actually made it worse (OMG!) with the maneuver recommended!!  I also learned that too much aspirin can bring  it on..... (I have TMJ and neck pain), stopped aspirin, the vertigo stopped two months ago....  we'll see.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

My Dr. put me on a tapered dose of Prednisone for the inflammation and prescribed an anti nausea med to be taken as needed.  I felt better in a couple of days.

Esteemed Contributor

I had vertigo about 18 mtns ago (especially after getting up in middle of night).  Last Fall I had it after briefly exerting myself and after I sat down I fainted!  Family called 911, went to hospital and after every test in the book it turned out my blood pressure medicine needed to be adjusted (it was prescribed when I was at 3000 ft above sea level and I now live at 6500 ft).  Since my meds were changed, no more problems.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1.  Crankiness is understandable.  Growl away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@LTT1I have had vertigo, off and on for 10 years. I take Meclizine, it helps some. Last month my son suggested I go to an ear DR. I did he sent me to another Dr, who did tests that took a little over an hour.They put goggle type eye covers over, and you follow a light with your eyes.He did quite a few test like this. They weren't sure if it was vertigo or not. A week ago I had a stent put into my carotid that had been done 10 years ago and was closing up. I'm now wondering if it was that, and waiting to see if the vertigo happens again. It is an inner ear problem, I wish you luck, this is not a pleasant thing. The Meclizine helps the dizzyness.