Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vent--I'm so tired of it all

@q-girl wrote:

@FuzzyFace wrote:

Does anyone else have a chronic illness that they're sick and tired of (unintentional irony, here)? I have hepatitis, among other lesser irritants, and I have to see my doctor, get blood draws, take nasty medicines, deal with the effects of same, etc.

I'm so sick and tired of all this, I don't know what to do. What I'd LIKE to do is stop doing all this for a week or two (or longer). I know I can't do that and should take the attitude that I don't feel all that bad (physically) and try to imagine how I'd be doing if I did stop all my medications.

That helps me put it in proportion but I'm STILL tired of all this, especialy knowing that I'll have to do this the rest of my life unless my liver suddenly rebounds.

Also, I have to get some really painful injections in my neck soon to treat headaches (I'm not going to get into all the details of why I'm having shots instead of some other kind of therapy) and I'm not looking forward to that either.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hello @FuzzyFace ! absolutely understand how you feel. I have been living with chronic pain and nerve damage issues for twenty years. Despite excellent doctors, great medical care and  an extremely loving and supportive husband and son, there are days when I am overwhelmed by a feeling of "I QUIT!!".  But, "I quit" . . . just what, exactly?  There' not one dad gummed thing I can "quit" that would help.

I eventually came to the realization that occasionally becoming overwhelmed or even occasionally losing it is par for the course. Chronic illness and chronic pain are difficult to live with. Some days are better than others, but it NEVER, EVER goes away. EVER. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. 24 HOURS A DAY. And, I'm sorry, but telling me that "other people" have it worse or any other well meant but over-used cliche doesn't somehow magically, miraculously fix my problem.

So, yeah, @FuzzyFace, we are out here. There are many of us here with chronic ilines and chronic pain. And we are sick and tired of it. And the best thing to do when it all gets to be too much is vent. Let it out. Scream from the mountains, post it on the boards.

And after all the frustration is gone, just keep taking our meds, seeing our doctors, going for tests and treatments and procedures and anything else that might - just might help our docs to help us feel better, have less pain, and feel more at peace, calm and comfortable. . . . . Until next time.

Hugs . . .and wishes for health and peace . . .Beth

FuzzyFace and qgirl I hear both of you loud and clear.  I have been living with chronic pain since 1961 when it started and 3 back surgeries and hip surgery increased the pain instead of making it better.  It never stops, never.  May all of us who endure some form of painful condition find relief in order to enjoy life before the end of our time.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

fuzzyface, you are aware there is a cure for hepatitis right?

There was another one about 10 years ago, with less than stellar results, and the side affects were horific. 

the newer drug is Harvoni.  I think i took for maybe 2 months or so?  anyway, hep is gone. 

yes, having hep causes all kinds of complications with other things.  

i have had 2 different types of cancer, and having the hepatitis always kept my blood count low, and a host of other things, while doing treatment. 

i feel for you. i remember being the pin cusion. not fun. 

Honored Contributor

It's okay to vent. I wish better health to all who are struggling.

Honored Contributor

You don't need to feel bad for how you are feeling!  DH and I are the same way.  We say every once in a while how tired we are and how exhausting it is to keep up the regimen that we both have to adhere to.  As you said --- constant medications (some with not so [pleasant reactions), tests, doctors visits, things to do at home for the illness and conditions, etc.  We said we wouldn't mind if we just seemed to feel better. At times we both say we just feel like throwing all the pills in the trash and stopping all treatments but we know we wont!  We both want to live too much!  Life is a struggle but we still want to be a part of it.  We can all commiserate!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I KNOW other people have it worse than me; but that doesn't help me at all.

For the rest of you, thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and well-wishes.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, I feel for you friend, I have RA and Fibromyalgia and some days all the pain, meds and MD appts get to me too, but I try to remember how many people haven't made it to my age and that life is precious.  Keep strong, but it's ok to have an occasional life sucks day !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace wrote:

I KNOW other people have it worse than me; but that doesn't help me at all.

For the rest of you, thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and well-wishes.

@FuzzyFace

Keep searching for something that DOES help you.  For some of my medical/mental issues, I sought Professional Health, and as a male, I felt/feel no weaker for that action. Medications and Optimism keep me always looking at the good things in my life, while pushing the tough things further back.

Most do not find what does help them for a long time. Their perseverance and determination usually pay good dividends. I hope you find your answer.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too hear you!!  I have an autoimmune disease called pulmonary sarcoidosis (over 25 years now) chronic TMJ pain (both sides, right side now locks off and on).... diabetes and a fall down the stairs where I almost died, ended up wth 3 brain bleeds and a concussion.

Frankly (and it's not easy) but I am SO supremely happy that I am alive that I will do everything my doctors tell me to do (maybe not necessarily happily) but I am relatively healthy.  I eat right, take my D medicines and do not struggle keeping my numbers normal.  The sarcoidosis surprisingly remissed on it's own and unless I see the tell tale rash, or broncitis) I'll keep going.  The brain bleeds healed as did the concussion and the only residual affects I have is a slight off-balance when I walk and an unreasonable, subconsious fear of falling.  And a nasty neck nerve injury.. (I landed on my left cheek right on the wood bannister) .. I have pain every day.  

It IS hard.  And you deserve to take a day to reflect once in awhile.  But then go full force into your life, put your head down and charge into the next days!!    Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I can really relate to your weariness and frustration in dealing with your medical issues. I have a chronic condition that I must deal with for the rest of my life. Recently it has been worse and there never seems to be any way to predict how I will be feeling....hard to plan even a brief trip or event....and the piles of meds and trips to dr for EEGs .....very exhausting. I do know I am still here only because God allows me to be; every Dr told me 3 yrs ago in ICU that I shouldn't have survived....but I did...and that means God still has a plan for my life; He isn't finished with me yet...or you either!

Right now it is caring for my grandchildren and getting them off to the best possible start in life. What is God's plan for your life? You may find doing something for others will give you a sense of purpose. Prayers for your comfort and hope you feel better about your situation right away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace

When I was diagnosed with RA, a friend put it in perspective for me .....

He said:

"Well, look on the bright side .... arthritis isn't cancer ....."