Trusted Contributor

Vent--I'm so tired of it all

Does anyone else have a chronic illness that they're sick and tired of (unintentional irony, here)? I have hepatitis, among other lesser irritants, and I have to see my doctor, get blood draws, take nasty medicines, deal with the effects of same, etc.

I'm so sick and tired of all this, I don't know what to do. What I'd LIKE to do is stop doing all this for a week or two (or longer). I know I can't do that and should take the attitude that I don't feel all that bad (physically) and try to imagine how I'd be doing if I did stop all my medications.

That helps me put it in proportion but I'm STILL tired of all this, especialy knowing that I'll have to do this the rest of my life unless my liver suddenly rebounds.

Also, I have to get some really painful injections in my neck soon to treat headaches (I'm not going to get into all the details of why I'm having shots instead of some other kind of therapy) and I'm not looking forward to that either.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vent--I'm so tired of it all

@FuzzyFace     You can vent all you want.  I am  So sorry you are dealing with so much. It is very draining on your energy to have to deal with pain and discomfort  AND  just everyday things we need to do.    I hope you get some relief soon  from some of this and you can just focus on living your life.. not living your illness. ((HUGS))  ~SeaMaiden~

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

yep!!  I hear ya. I was treated  for a lymphoma in my sinus gland.  Fortunately, I only needed 6 chemo therapy treatments, but I must of had a zillion Pet Scans,  CT Scans, and X-rays ever since and I’m still getting all these tests and still seeing the Oncologist after 2 years now.  I’m so tired of all these tests.  What can I do.  I persevere and I get through it.  I hope you make a quick recovery.  Just persevere and you’ll get through it also.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Heart

Respected Contributor

Boy can I relate. It seems all I do is go to doctors and get tests. Ugh, ugh, 😑.

I am grateful for the medical care and technology and the fact I live in NYC where world class doctors are available. 

Just this am had an MRI.

I Have to remember one day at a time and gratitude.

Good Luck, and I wish you good health.

Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Boy can I relate. It seems all I do is go to doctors and get tests. Ugh, ugh, 😑.

I am grateful for the medical care and technology and the fact I live in NYC where world class doctors are available. 

Just this am had an MRI.

I Have to remember one day at a time and gratitude.

Good Luck, and I wish you good health.

@IMW Good luck with the MRI.   Hoping the results bring good news.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi FuzzyFace, first of all (((hugs))) to you.  I'm sorry that you're having to go through this.  It's not fun.  Yes, I have a chronic condition.  I have a neurological movement disorder called Dystonia.  It primarily affects my neck, but I have some movement in my arms and hands too.  It is often progressive and in some people it is incapacitating and extremely painful.  I'm one of the "lucky" ones, in that, the first pair of anti-seizure meds I was given worked well, and my disease has not progressed in 8 years.  Most people don't even know I have any health issues.  But I know that I have to take these meds for the rest of my life, and the threat of my Dystonia getting worse, hangs over my head.  Most of the time I count my blessings that I don't have a bad case of it, but there are days when I feel down.

Wish you all the best!

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace  OK to vent anytime, I think everyone has health issues that they deal with at some point in their life.  Mine are my feet.  I had surgery late last year, but am still dealing with pain and the older I get, the more things I'm having to deal with.

Please don't stop all treatments without getting doctor's input.  I have a friend whose father was on dialysis a couple times a week, and decided that he wasn't going to do it any longer and he got so bad within a couple of weeks, his family took him to the hospital but the damage was done, and he died shortly after.  Really sad for the family who misses him.  I understand the choice was his but his family still suffers from his loss. 

The only advice I can give it to continue to search out all options for treatment - maybe there are less objectionable options.  Best of luck and hoping you can get some relief. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFaceI can't even pretend to imagine how you cope.  I resent the 4 or 5 minutes I spend only on Sunday mornings when I fill my morning and evening daily pills containers.  No pain at all, no real time involved, and so far those pills seem to be working as well as they can given my age and life style sins.  And every morning I fight with myself to put on my walking shoes and clothes when I'd rather just get the paper and make coffee instead of going out for a mile first. 

I know I have no right to complain -  my life is easy. Good, I guess, that there's only me listening to my silly whimpers.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace  I TOTALLY understand what you're saying.  Since 2003 now I've had to deal with unbelievable back pain.  So bad there are times when I can hardly walk....

The irony is other than that I'm very healthy.  I'm lucky in that regard, but this back pain keeps me from doing very much.

I always say, "My brain says go and my back says no".  In a few weeks I'm due to go back to Drs (just went last week) and have steroids put into my bad....I've had this done so many times over the years, even the Drs have had to update their computers since then so THEY don't have immediate records on how many 'procedures' I've had done.  This time AGAIN, they'll inject the steroids and do something that burns off the nerves....whatever.  I used to try to understand exactly what it (so many of them) was called but I don't bother anymore!

So, honey, you go right ahead and understand that there are many of us here to know what it's like to have to constantly go to the Drs with something we've had for what seems like forever.

We also understand that we're lucky to be on this side of the grass and are grateful that we can still moan and groan.  Unfortunately, it doesn't help with the pain, frustration (insert your own words) we are experiencing.

We're all with you and care about you.  Like other's have said, you can always come here and boo hoo because we are all with you.  BE SAFE, take care, Annabelle/Linda

Honored Contributor

I live by the mantra, that it could always be worse and for many, many people it is.

Many, many people and children are suffering much worse physical issues including terminal illnesses.

I appreciate every day, that my illnesses are not nearly as severe.

But that's just me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.